Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2018, 12:45 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Because Trump has done more for veterans than any President in decades.

McCain won't doing anything for veterans in the foreseeable future.

True. But the OP doesn't care about that. In the mind of liberals, Trump has no respect for ALL veterans because he found one he didn't like (and the feeling was mutual). Also, McCain said that he didn't want Trump at his funeral, so...

Let liberals and the media, who never had any use for McCain until he got contentious with Trump, continue to use McCain's death to promote themselves and their agenda, now.

It's transparent. And it says more about them than it does about two men who didn't get along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 12:48 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
McCain was not a Trump admirer and it would be disingenuous of Trump to slobber all over the White house about his dear friend John.
This.

They hated each other

Low class move but I expect no better. Im kind of like shrug with it all.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:49 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Such a selfish response that answers my question...….. Because all they care about is themselves, me, me, me, me, me, and me, and screw everyone else. Some country we live in.
Maybe McCain should have been thinking about others instead of me, me, me when he said Trump wasn't invited to any of his services months ago. McCain is the one who wanted it this way so Trump IS respecting him by respecting his wishes.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:51 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Because Trump has done more for veterans than any President in decades.

McCain won't be doing anything for veterans on legislation in the foreseeable future.
What? Specifically?

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Look, Trump released a nice Tweet, it was short and sweet. Just because he isn't slobbering over McCain like all the other hypocrites doesn't mean that he doesn't like veterans. He interacts with them all the time.

Last edited by elan; 08-27-2018 at 01:04 PM..

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Trump has killed political correctness. McCain was not a Trump admirer and it would be disingenuous of Trump to slobber all over the White house about his dear friend John. Besides, The Left would have a field day with that as they rightly pointed out the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQAhrD1IMg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Deserve repeating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump drove a stake in the black heart of progressive PC …….BS

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Weird. Who sends invitations to funeral except control freaks?
It has to do with capacity at the site of funerals of prominent and well-regarded individuals, and is an effort at crowd-control in the interests of seemliness and dignity.

Do you think everyone who wanted to attend the funeral of, let's say, Princess Diana, was allowed into Westminster Abbey? No, invitations were issued to those who were close to her, held high positions in government, represented the many charities she was involved with, and so on.

Same thing with John McCain. Nothing to do with being a "control freak" - just keeping it civil and appropriate. The Washington Cathedral is very large, but its capacity is not unlimited. This is even more so for the services planned for Arizona.

Others who wish to pay their respects can file by McCain's catafalque in the Capitol Rotunda, and I expect thousands will do just that in the days ahead.

Or they can emulate McCain's life and his dedication and patriotism in their own lives.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:52 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
True. But the OP doesn't care about that. In the mind of liberals, Trump has no respect for ALL veterans because he found one he didn't like (and the feeling was mutual). Also, McCain said that he didn't want Trump at his funeral, so...

Let liberals and the media, who never had any use for McCain until he got contentious with Trump, continue to use McCain's death to promote themselves and their agenda, now.

It's transparent. And it says more about them than it does about two men who didn't get along.
I thought his comments about McCain being captured were disgusting, and his refusal to order the flags at half staff at the White House are the actions of a child not a leader. And coming from a draft dodger I can't see how anyone in the military would not have had a problem with it.

But it is true that he has done a lot for the military folks so I can see why they would look past it, but it should never be forgotten.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:53 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Let liberals and the media, who never had any use for McCain
until he got contentious with Trump, continue to use McCain's death to promote themselves and their agenda, now.

Perhaps someday you'll learn the difference between a man's politics and his character.

Then again that would require critical thinking so maybe not.

Personally, he was too much of an interventionist for my taste. But he displayed more character turning down early release from the Hanoi Hilton than Trump has displayed during his entire life.

Old 08-27-2018, 12:56 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Get your head out of the maniac's ass and you'd easily see he is the primary reason politics is in the gutter. He's easily the most disgusting, petty, unprofessional, small minded, egotistical, leader we've had as POTUS. He has the emotional constitution of a weak child, and he's also an asshat and a megalomaniac to boot.
I think a lot of liberals were lulled into a sense of lazy malaise and extreme mediocrity under the 8 years of Obama and timid weakness under 8 years of Bush. I realize that we actually have a POTUS who is taking the hits from non stop critics, refuses to give up, and stands up for Us. Why dont you liberals stop with the constant whining and complaining and actually support the man who is as much as he can to help us. stop with the GD emotional fits of anger because he said something you didnt like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies