Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 04:12 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,843,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
But did his father say the N-word 30 years ago? That is the bar now, lol.
Nah a black and Kenyan can say the n-word with immunity. Now if his wacky liberal white mother had said the n-word white Nazi blood . Oh yeah but he's got that other half ancestry and full immunity, close call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 04:13 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yes Indeed. One of the USA's most advanced wind tunnels is located here in Charlotte for testing purposes, there are proving tracks, advanced engine design, etc. and racing teams from around the world come here for engine design. Car parts design & manufacturing dot the area.

It's not just stock car racing.

The average salary for someone working in NASCAR in the CLT area is over $65,000/year.

not to mention the aerodynamics, and chassis, suspension, and brakes development that trickles down to the production cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
There's money galore in Nascar. Engineers. Builders. Welders. Transport drivers. Team crews etc. There's more money in Nascar than any other professional sport...

yes there is big money in nascar, but it pales in comparison to the money being spent on formula one. 30 years ago, the honda engine budget was $50 million alone. sorry but even today nascar does not reach that level of spending.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
So what if Nascar doesn't have the prestige of Formula One -- lots of folks like it.

Not as many as use to -- but lots still do.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:26 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So what if Nascar doesn't have the prestige of Formula One -- lots of folks like it.

Not as many as use to -- but lots still do.

heck i dont give a damned about formula one, in fact i never watch it, and havent since the late 80s when their technology level got to the point where the driver didnt have to do much, just keep his foot buried on the throttle or brake. the computer programmers in the pits did all the work.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:50 PM

15,594 posts, read 10,338,024 times
Did I read this correctly? A man's father said a currently verboten word back in the 80s, well before this NASCAR driver was even born in the 90s, and Lilly Diabetes Company dropped the son as a sponsor for his dad's words? The Left is so controlling, punitive, unreasonable.... punishing children for the speech and behavior of parents. Those who stupidly celebrate this man's unjust treatment will no doubt have their children and grandchildren reap the same treatment in the future.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-25-2018 at 06:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2018, 04:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Did I read this correctly? A man's father says a currently verboten word in the 80s, well before this NASCAR driver was even born in the 90s, and Lilly Diabetes Company dropped the son as a sponsor for his dad's words? The Left is so controlling, insane.... punishing children for the speech and behavior of parents. Those who stupidly celebrate this will no doubt experience their children and grandchildren reap the same treatment in the future.
Very dramatic.

It does seem this company's actions are extreme. The sins of the father thrown at the kid. Bizarre.

Didn't see where there was any big campaign from those dang liberals -- just this company taking this stance.

I am wondering if they were looking for a reason to drop him...it's just too crazy.

Old 08-25-2018, 04:56 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Did I read this correctly? A man's father says a currently verboten word in the 80s, well before this NASCAR driver was even born in the 90s, and Lilly Diabetes Company dropped the son as a sponsor for his dad's words? The Left is so controlling, punitive, unreasonable.... punishing children for the speech and behavior of parents. Those who stupidly celebrate this will no doubt experience their children and grandchildren reap the same treatment in the future.
You nailed it. And what does the leftist do when you point this out?
  • Say NASCAR is a sport for deplorables and it's dying.
  • Make personal attacks on anyone who says otherwise. 1/2 dozen of them here on me.
  • Google up bunch of links from leftist MSM to prove their derangement
  • Get mad
  • Russians
I've never seen a group of people act so miserable towards their fellow Americans.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:27 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,582,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A NASCAR driver has lost a corporate sponsor because his father once used the n-word in a radio interview. The incident happened before the driver was even born.

https://www.theindychannel.com/sport...r-30-years-ago

Unto the seventh generation ..., by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review
That's baloney! Removing a sponsorship for something someone else said! I'd boycott that company just for being a busybody!

Old 08-25-2018, 09:33 PM

2,068 posts, read 994,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You nailed it. And what does the leftist do when you point this out?
  • Say NASCAR is a sport for deplorables and it's dying.
  • Make personal attacks on anyone who says otherwise. 1/2 dozen of them here on me.
  • Google up bunch of links from leftist MSM to prove their derangement
  • Get mad
  • Russians
I've never seen a group of people act so miserable towards their fellow Americans.

Can't give you any rep points - I have to spread it around - but I agree completely.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:24 AM

27,044 posts, read 13,295,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
A NASCAR driver has lost a corporate sponsor because his father once used the n-word in a radio interview. The incident happened before the driver was even born.

https://www.theindychannel.com/sport...r-30-years-ago

Unto the seventh generation ..., by Steve Sailer - The Unz Review
Really - since when are you responsible for your fathers views or what his father said in the past.

It's just as well Formula One didn't apply those rules to Max Mosley, who was president of the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), the governing body for Formula One and other international motorsports

Max Mosley - Wikipedia

Max Mosley's father was British Fascist leader Oswald Mosley.

Oswald Mosley - Wikipedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies