Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:23 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,207,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
As of now - he remains anonymous.

I wonder why Mark Judge isn't there. My guess is ~ he's already been talked to and Republicans know that he would have some things to say that are very unfavorable for his good buddy, Kavanaugh.
Your guess would be wrong. Mark Judge has already denied he was ever at such a party, and he chose not to testify. He was asked.

Apparently, you're not following this very closely.

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
No, he gave a sworn statement to the senate committee that he has no knowledge of this party or attack and had no further knowledge of this specific accusation. I guess they felt they did not need anymore. I, for one, would have liked to see him here today along with her friend that accompanied her to the party.
I thought you meant the anonymous men who had called in to say that it was THEY who committed the assault. That has happened as well but I believe they remain anonymous.

The person who should also be testifying today is Mark Judge. But, Republicans didn't want to call him.

I wonder why.

14,834 posts, read 7,360,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG. Not one tear. Talking about the "laughter at my expense." Not a tear. NOT A FREAKING TEAR though she's acting as if she's right on the verge of sobbing.

I honestly don't get why people are saying she's such a credible witness. She seems like a flake to me.
Not crying is in no way an indication she is lying.

24,204 posts, read 19,057,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Well if you libbies get your way and Kavanaugh bows out.......be careful what you wish for. You'll love Amy Coney Barrett.
And that proves you don't get it, at all.

Yes, we know Trump would nominate a Conservative. That goes without saying and no body thinks otherwise.

But it should also go without saying that someone who has demonstrably lied before in confirmation testimony - already demonstrated through the small amount of documentation that was released, who knows what else is in the other 90+% that wasn't released? - is not qualified to sit on the Supreme Court.

That's before even getting to the multiple accusations of sexual assault and other inappropriate conduct - by women who were willing to step forward and identify themselves and request a full investigation. The GOP has chosen to try to make this a "he said/she said" scenario, when it could have easily requested an extension of the normal background check to address these new allegations, as has been done multiple times in the past when new information came to light during a nomination process.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:24 AM

20,647 posts, read 8,401,663 times
I hope her testimony jogs the memories of kids who were actually at that party with her. They might have a different story.

How many witnesses have said they were positive someone did the crime, that person went to jail and years later the witness recanted or the incarcerated person was found innocent? Many times when you compare photos of the real perpetrator and the falsely accused, they look very similar. That's the value of DNA testing.

33,942 posts, read 22,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Your guess would be wrong. Mark Judge has already denied he was ever at such a party, and he chose not to testify. He was asked.

He has NOT testified under oath and certainly could have been issued subpoena. Again, I am sure he has some stories to tell that are very unfavorable to kavanaugh.

Really, one only need to read some excerpts from his book.

16,579 posts, read 20,623,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

It seems like his testimony could make the difference here. Why hasn't he been subpoenaed?

Old 09-27-2018, 11:25 AM

9,732 posts, read 9,690,149 times
I'm waiting for the "My Cousin Vinny" moment when the Judge Kavenaugh testifies and blows her out of the water.

29,348 posts, read 9,531,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Are you even watching? All of the Republicans have yielded their question time to a single woman who is questioning her on their behalf. The only old men ''questioning" (i.e., fawning over) her are Democrats. This woman is being handled with kid gloves by both sides, and the Republicans will not be thanked for it. Clearly.
Surprised?

When you have all Republicans afraid of what Trump will do if they don't fall in line, you expect other than Democrats to demonstrate any interest whatsoever to get to the truth no matter what it may be? Might as well expect Republicans to admit Trump was an embarrassment to the world at the U.N. Just ain't going to happen no matter what the truth may be! Especially now that McCain is dead...

16,579 posts, read 20,623,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OMG. Not one tear. Talking about the "laughter at my expense." Not a tear. NOT A FREAKING TEAR though she's acting as if she's right on the verge of sobbing.

I honestly don't get why people are saying she's such a credible witness. She seems like a flake to me.
And if she were crying, she'd be castigated for that. Read the comments on here.

No wonder women don't come forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies