Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:09 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
With that ratty-unkempt hair and baggy look, Blasey-Ford looks like she pushes a shopping cart down the street for a living.....I think from hearing her testimony, she comes off as not quite right in the head, she reminds me of someone who casts spells and reads tarot cards.
Do you often consult people who cast spells and read tarot cards?

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Really.

Since he saw fit to mention the Clintons in his opening statement (why? for Donny?), it would seem very appropriate to compare his testimony to Hillary's--who was grilled for 11 hours and did not flinch or cry. I can see him getting emotional when talking about is kids, but enough with the sniffling already. Way too emotional.
That's because Hillary has a heart made of dry ice.

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Real emotion.
Got it. Sexual predator cries: "real emotion." Sexual assault victim cries: "putting on a show."

Aww, poor wittle Bret. He's angry because he's been called out and he can't handle it. All he's proved is that, aside from his misogyny, he's too unstable to serve on the highest court in the land.

2,498 posts, read 3,405,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Get a grip. No Democrat is "destroying the United States." And I don't know a single Democrat who has ever mentioned George Soros. Soros is the fantasy boogie man for the right wing and their FOX henchmen.

Did you have a problem when the GOP stole the nomination from Obama? An egregious assault on the Constitution, never before seen?

Nobody is fooled by the GOP hatred and intolerance. Stop projecting your own party's corruption onto the Democrats.

Classic. The tell-tale sign of a Soros-backed poster is this reaction. Thanks. Soros is well-known and loathed by any true American, so no need to pretend he doesn't exist!

Also, I am registered under no official party. So you are completely wrong about by party affiliation. Liberal derangement is rampant with the Soros folks.

Old 09-27-2018, 02:10 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Kavanaugh is really irrelevant at this point. The main issue here is that Ford (likely with democratic party support) is fabricating an allegation to prevent a SC confirmation.

Democrats are actually trying to accomplish two objectives here:
1) Prevent the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh and,
2) Paint the entire republican party as a party of sexual assault supporters in the minds of voters so that they can pick up seats in the midterms

All of this based on an 11th hour, unsubstantiated allegation. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
Four of them actually. Plus the guys who couldn't get into the bathroom because of his vomit.

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
He's pulling himself together now.

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Lol... They'll be okay.

He's got plenty of money and isn't losing any seat or coaching or teaching opportunity for this but will be scrutinized in the future for it.

You need a cobbler to fix those heels? Dig them in even further and you'll be standing on the mantle of the earth.
We all have tragedy growing up...some are luckier than other s, some however are perpetrator s upon others of tragedy. They themselves dont escape suffering.
It happens.

The most egregious act is the lying.
His wife would forgive these things of him...but not the lying.
America might actually not vilify him if he admitted to the excessive drinking and blackouts ...but not lying about it.
But then he wouldn't maybe get to be a supreme court justice...and no.one says No, to Brett Kavenaugh.
He will lie and hide whatever he has to, to get what he wants. He s a con artist. He s a " gem "

Like Rob Porter, another abuser of women, he s a Trump Soulmate.

It is clear the POTUS believes powerful leaders demonstrate that power by abusing women.

And , like his new friend Kim Jong Un, that demonstration of power acceptably includes the bringing about the suffering of their own citizens ...for their pleasure.

Vote them.off the planet.

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Kavanaugh is really irrelevant at this point. The main issue here is that Ford (likely with democratic party support) is fabricating an allegation to prevent a SC confirmation.

Democrats are actually trying to accomplish two objectives here:
1) Prevent the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh and,
2) Frame the entire republican party as a party of sexual assault supporters in the minds of voters so that they can pick up seats in the midterms

All of this based on an 11th hour, unsubstantiated allegation. Pretty amazing if you ask me.
This sums it up - exactly!

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He has very poor composure for a lawyer. He is doing the opposite of what they advise their clients to do. See, they don't know how hard it is to be composed when you feel victimized.

He just said "Whatever..." to Rachel Mitchell.
New argument if you appear at the Supreme Court with Kavanaugh: "Whatever"

Old 09-27-2018, 02:11 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'd like to see how you would react if a group of dishonest, bitter people were trying to ruin your life.

I haven't been a public figure under scrutiny all my life. If so, I think that would have prepared me for it. He doesn't appear to have consulted with anyone on strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies