Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:53 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Anything to protect Roe v Wade, which is really what's at the root here.
I think that's just the cover the dems are using for their base...

If the gop is able to load the courts....the dems know they will finally come after them for all their crimes
...and all of that will end up in front of the supremes

Old 09-27-2018, 03:54 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Blumental just got destroyed.
Blumental is one of the most deranged you'll ever see.
The Senator who lied about serving in Vietnam.

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Wonder why he never raped anyone after high school?
Any why did he only rape democrat activists known to hate Trump, have publicly protested against Trump, and one even is associated with George Soros....what a coincidence...

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
I wonder if 20 years from now a woman especially a republican activist accuses Obama of sexual assault 20 years ago without proof will the dem liberals scream "we believe her" then?

They have adopted the end justifies the means where lies are ok because it saves what they consider decency in American law , such as abortion for example.

The right is capable of hypocrisy also but the liberal left are becoming masters at hypocrisy.

Anybody that can admit the truth would say it is all about politics and winning for their side not about worry over sexual assault.

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
My guess is he will be confirmed. They are not going to let this get delayed until after the election. However investigations will continue because the Dems will have the opportunity to prove the Repubs put a molester on the SC, and the Repubs will have the opportunity to show the Dems created a witch hunt and butchered a mans name and reputation just to play political games. The parties are so opposed, there will be far more resources available for these investigations than the FBI would ever apply.

I t will be interesting to see how it plays out. One party or the other may take a serious hit over this. Or it may result in a bunch of contradictory witnesses or evidence and just divide the county even more deeply.

The other interesting thing is the next nominee is very likely to be someone the Dems fear even more. Are they going to just stall this appointment for three or seven years? If they manage that, it will be clear our government is no longer functional (although that is pretty clear now).

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
The Senate Judiciary Committee had interviewed them and, since they injected it into Ford's interview today, they had obviously found credence to what those two were saying.

But actually my question was aimed at those in this thread, and it's my fault for not being specific in that regard ... so, I'll ask again..

To those on the left 'in this thread' -- why are you ignoring the two mystery men who had claimed they were the ones who assaulted her?

Because they have zero credibility. Not allowing themselves to be named or to testify shows that. That is why no one cares what they have to say. I wonder how much Trump offered to pay them to come forward.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:55 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
A polygraph can be passed even while telling a lie. Which is part of the reason why they are not admissable in court.

Kavanaugh thinks they are a very useful tool for investigating things.

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/09/reme...ing-decisions/

Old 09-27-2018, 03:55 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,855 times
I didn't realize due process was a part of the job hiring process.

If Kavanaugh was a defendant in a criminal case you might actually have a point.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:56 PM

45,391 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Some Kavanaugh supporters on this board insist that's what he is being accused of.

They either are choosing to be misinformed or just being ridiculous -- can't figure that out yet.
Actually several Kavanuagh non-supporters are the ones who morphed it into rape. With 9K+/- posts I won't go back and look but I did comment on it yesterday.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:56 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The premise the left is putting forth is that if Kavanaugh ever drank to the point that he blacked out then that proves that he is a rapist. Then they wonder why he is reluctant to answer the question. lol
It is my experience that drunk men can't hold an erection. So, how would it be possible he drank to such an extent, that he was able to supposedly able to rape someone? Nobody has addressed that yet....

According to one study:

"Researchers have found that too much alcohol affects both your brain and your penis. In one University of Washington study, sober men were able to achieve an erection more quickly than intoxicated men — and some men are unable to have an erection at all after drinking." And in that moment the University of Washington discovered what frat boys everywhere have always known in their hearts. "The reason is reduced blood flow to the penis during drinking..

https://www.bustle.com/articles/8305...-affect-a-mans

How many guys here have lost their erection while drunk? It's pretty common, isn't it, to not be able to perform as well when you are drinking. Unless some of you are Superman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies