Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:35 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This from Mother Jones--but a valid perception I think based on Kavanaugh's diatribe:
"It's reasonable to ask how does Kavanaugh continue serving as a federal judge, much less on SCOTUS after delivering such an openly partisan attack and identifying so unequivocally as an opponent of the Dem Party? He has validated those who see him as a GOP operative in a robe."

considering that it was the democrats that foisted this sham on the senate, it is proper that kavanaugh calls them out for it. when he was first being grilled, he gave due deference to the senators, even though the democrats were attacking him mercilessly.

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It happens.

Horribly, men are misidentified in a rape trial.
Yes, a look at the Innocence Project and you can find plenty of cases where these men were later exonerated by DNA evidence.

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Do you think you would forget the names and faces of men who traveled in your circles that have pinned you down to forcibly remove your clothing and held their hand over your mouth to prevent you from screaming? Most women would not regardless of whatever other memories they had or did not have.
Sorry, but that's not evidence. That's just me saying "I'm sure it was him." There are absolutely no corroborating witnesses and no evidence whatsoever.

People are sometimes mistaken.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:36 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Pence???
Mr. Pocket Puppet!!
Stranger things have happened. Pence is hard to read. Who knows what's going on in that cerebral, Christian head of his.

3,618 posts, read 3,054,991 times
I thought he was a good candidate at first but now he seems like a partisan hack. The pubs just finished stealing a seat on the high court from dems and they have the nerve to act indignant. Puhleez.

18,015 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't know if it's worth bothering you to explain this to you but this hearing and this circus is not about Kavanaugh. It's about whether we let Democrats get away with a political smear on a man where there is ZERO corroborating evidence. It's about the standard of innocent until proven guilty. No guilt was proven today. A prosecutor would never have even thought about bringing this case to trial.

Graham is a southern conservative gentleman. He sees what this is doing to the country and what it WILL do if this man is not confirmed and is sickened by it, as MANY of us are.
Lindsey Graham is an absolute badass, Rambo Terminator 2 Dirty Harry and Jack Bauer and Kung Fu rolled into one and he should be President some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No, he didn't. Clinton won the majority of the American vote. Fact.
So at what exact moment in time did you come to the realization that President Donald J Trump is our President? Or have you yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah -- you hang on to that badass -- LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OMG this is too funny.
You betcha puddin cup. Glad I could oblige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No, I don't speak for Republican women who must believe that their Great White Daddy (or Husband) is right at all times. I speak for the rest of America's women, who've had it with Republican misogyny.
Michelle Obama! Is that you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. I think he's getting confirmed. Manchin just came out and indicated he's a yes, so even if Murkowski and Flake vote no, that brings the count to 50. Pence breaks it.
Oh nice.

But what about the POLL!?

WHAT about the 81 Votes on the POLL!?!

Waa! Not my Jwudge! Waa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Graham 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Yeah, a gay republican as President, some people's heads might explode!
He's like my favorite gay Republican ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I was thinking that since he doesn't seem to be shackled to John McCain anymore, he became his own man today. Good on him.
Ain't it though huh? I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Graham is a neoconservative "never Trumper" so I've disliked him for a while...though today might have been his best moment, to me. I appreciate his defense of this man as steadfastly as he did today.
It was a notch or two better than the bish-slap he gave to FBI when grilling Wray and Strzok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Only a lunatic or a Democrat left sycophant believes any of these three accusations was credible after looking closely at the available facts.

It is not about whether the accuser is credible. It is whether the accusation is credible, with the accuser's word just being a small part of that. Just FYI.

In all three cases (or four, or five), these accusations were not credible.
Well, all in all, it was a mighty fine day for the Republicans and Kavanaugh, a disgusting and filthy and slimeball day for the Democrats, and wow!

How the media tried to gloat on this disgusting display and sham accusation.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-27-2018 at 09:32 PM..

Old 09-27-2018, 08:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Lindsey Graham is an absolute badass, Rambo Terminator 2 Dirty Harry and Jack Bauer and Kung Fu rolled into one and he should be President some day.
Yeah -- you hang on to that badass -- LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OMG this is too funny.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:37 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I graduated HS in 1980, and from a state with a drinking age of 18. We had plenty of parties with alcohol, especially the last 6 months of senior year where a good number of us were old enough to buy. And yes, more than one occasion I woke up without a clear recollection of what I did the night before-lucky to live through those days.

One thing that strikes me as odd is the age difference. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read she was 15, he was 17. So either a freshman and junior, or sophomore and senior. Now-what strikes me as odd, is that 15 year olds are socializing with 17 year olds at parties. The vast majority of the ones I went to with booze, it was seniors, with the occasional junior GF. No sophomores or freshmen, unless maybe they were the little brother/sister of the host. Anyone else see this as odd? Even more-I can't say I can place many parents at that era that would let their 15 year old daughters go to alcohol-laced parties with juniors/seniors. And finally-I have trouble picturing many 15 YO girls that would go to such a party alone, without a friend their own age. Strike anyone else as odd?
Dr. Ford was friends with the other few girls at that party. I assume they were her age. Brett and Mark may have crashed the party, seeing as they were drunk...

Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That seems to be a problem for the Dems now. If it's true, then they did this to themselves by smearing his good name and putting his wife and kids through hell. Now dems can live with the consequences as far as I'm concerned.
Democrats don't care whether this is true now or 36 years later. All they care about is if people believe them now.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blistex649 View Post
The irregularities (therapist got the amount of boys there wrong) were beyond reproach.
Agreed!! And her "flying" that was supposed to keep her from earlier questioning, her living 20 minutes away from the supposed location, in which, she has no remembrance or had anyone stand up and say, "I am the one who drove her home", everyone who was supposedly at the party denied her account, not knowing who paid for her polygraph.

Lastly, her anti-Trump lawyer, we've all seen the video, going pro-bono for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies