Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:45 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Hazy Maizie Hirono sent out a fund raising tweet today. That's what this is about - Dems soliciting donations. They don't give a crap about women, just money and power.
Yeah, like you do! Ha!

Old 09-27-2018, 08:45 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,061,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Graham shifts in the wind as he sees fit.

He has no spine -- does the bidding of whoever he thinks might be the person that can do the most for him.

That's your definition of a bad ass -- lolololol.
This. For a second, I thought his balls finally dropped but then I remembered it was Graham.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:46 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
So, who leaked it?
I'm assuming the Russians.

They need to get tossed into the mix on this one. Now is a good time.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:47 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Oh I see. Now it's time to haul the sexual assault victim to the public square for a public thrashing for having DARED to accuse a man--who blatantly pilloried Democrats--of something he undoubtedly did (otherwise, why not call Judge to testify?). Whatever. November: the GOP is history. So enjoy while you can, boys.
Then impeach Kavenaugh and feed he and Mark Judge to Avenotti. Bring back the colliseum.

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Sorry, but that's not evidence. That's just me saying "I'm sure it was him." There are absolutely no corroborating witnesses and no evidence whatsoever.

People are sometimes mistaken.

not to mention that two guys are making the claim that they and NOT kavanaugh did the deed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I thought he was a good candidate at first but now he seems like a partisan hack. The pubs just finished stealing a seat on the high court from dems and they have the nerve to act indignant. Puhleez.

oh please, kavanaugh is probably as close to perfect for the supreme court as possible. the one that sounds like a partisan hack is you. the democrats treated kavanaugh like crap through this whole ordeal. in the first hearings as i noted, kavanaugh gave them due deference even though the dems were on full attack mode and trying to smear kavanaugh with every question they asked.

it was feinstein that had the letter from ford that she held until AFTER the hearings were over befoer she released it and then demanded an FBI background investigation, even though kavanaugh has already been through six of them over the years.

sorry but the democrats got the berating they deserved.

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Graham is a neoconservative "never Trumper" so I've disliked him for a while...though today might have been his best moment, to me. I appreciate his defense of this man as steadfastly as he did today.

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
My take as a libertarian observer who sees the SCOTUS as against my ideals most of the time. Both Kavanaugh and Ford did a great job. Basically cancelled each other out.

Problem with Ford is she sounds sincere but has absolutely nothing to back up her claim. On top of it the people she said were there have sworn statements contradicting her. So either they are all lying or she is. I have had people of the years very sincerely lie right to my face. So anything is possible.

And they are in my age range. I can't recall everyone I talked to or went on a date with that long ago. She could be confused.

Regarding Graham. Never seen him so animated. The whole russia thing with him sounds silly. Why would russia want the GOP to control the SCOTUS? What would that do for them?

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Kavanaugh was just telling it like it is. The Dem Party embarrassed every supporter who has any capacity for shame with its behavior towards Kavanaugh. It really was as bad as Lindsey Graham said.

This is the most despicable episode in the US Senate since the McCarthy hearings in the 1950's. Say what you want about that, but most people don't care what you or the media hacks who pump out the party propaganda for the Democrats.

This was really a bad look for you guys and virtually everyone has been watching.

Did you catch that part in Ford's testimony that her claustrophobic, second front door not only makes the front of the house aesthetically pleasing, but now it is used for the Google elites to come over and hang out.

The Google people who tried to influence an election and isn't it a part of her job description, someone posted, involving the studying of how to develop change in society? Interesting.

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
She remembered enough and Kavenaughs own calendar corroborated her testimony.
That fact revealed is what set off Graham.

But of course that was the Democrat s fault too.

Typical abuser....If you hadn't done "such and such" I wouldnt have to have raged at you.

Or...if that girl hadn't gone to the party she wouldnt have been attacked.....
How did his calendar prove her case? Nearly every day is accounted for. I keep Calendars like that too. Just like my Father did. Call me paranoid, but part of the reasons among others I kept a calendar diary was just in case some **** went down I had a good record of where I was, what I did and who I was with.

I would like to see how demure you would be if you were accused of heinous crimes that you were completely innocent of and your good name and reputation were dragged through the mud.

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
https://twitter.com/abigaildisney/st...43374101266434
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies