Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:55 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,699,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Yeah. The Republicans made sure she could nt use the evidence she wanted to use.

And the lady you and your friend attempted to gang rape many years ago would remember you, count on it.

The Republicans are furious they had such limited time to railroad the hearing. So they pound their fists, insult the Democrats, and repeat old cliche lines they used during Anita Hill.
This time tho they more angrily put their collective hand over Ms Fords mouth to be sure Donald Trump can continue to rape the american people for as long as possible .

Vote them off the planet.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:55 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,286,535 times
He was merely telling the truth. It’s eye opening when my entire liberal family agrees, and they absolutely can’t stand Republicans, Lol. It’s quit obvious what’s happening here if you understand politics, especially the antics of the left since Trump became President.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand and sea View Post
Oh my..why would her friend remmeber one party from three decades ago where nothing consequential happened? Ford did not say anything to her that night.

It sounds like you WANT to believe Kavanaugh so you will find any reason to. I'll tell you this..I went in with an open mind. And I'm no hack. I liked Gorsuch and when I got an email from Dems wanting me to sign a petition opposing him I chose not to.

But after today? The guy 9Kavanugh) was belligerent, rude, nasty as anything. Not in pain from what was done to his family which was despicable. but snarling mad at Amy Kloebacher, snearing at the senators and was rendered mute by questions about calling for an FBI investigation.

Nobody..innocent anyway..reacts that way. And anyone who believes he puked because of a weak stomach and he did not mean anything sexual about Renata is just fooling themselves..
He lied numerous times and tried to change the subject and filibuster instead of answering several questions. He says he wants his name cleared but absolutely would not say he welcomed a new F.B.I. investigation to get to get at the facts. His body language was that of a liar and his tears were all for himself.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
McCain would be sickened! I can't believe he was ever close friends with this CREEP!
Yeah, I agree McCain was a much better man than Graham. Not perfect, but fair and honest to the best of his ability. Perhaps McCain's death symbolizes the death of the Republican party.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:03 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,824,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
No he isn't entitled. That said if he is innocent then he is being slandered and has just cause to be angry, very angry. As a judge he also knows that he is supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty. Can you honestly say that he has been treated that way?

He is a KNOWN PERJURER, and he told several MORE lies in this hearing!
Kavanaugh vs. Kavanaugh: Supreme Court nominee has offered conflicting accounts of his teenage drinking
Unfortunately for Kavanaugh, both versions — one of a hard-partying, heavy-drinking frat boy and the other of a church-going athlete known from age 14 for respecting women’s dignity — come from Kavanaugh’s own words.
Maryland raised its drinking age from 18 to 21 in 1982, when Kavanaugh was 17. (So he was drinking illegally even if the legal age was still 18,which it wasn't, and he is lying!)
Kavanaugh vs. Kavanaugh: Supreme Court nominee has offered conflicting accounts of his teenage drinking - Los Angeles Times

Old 09-28-2018, 04:05 AM

23,176 posts, read 12,303,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I feel the same, but I don't think it's that easy to flee to Canada -- they don't let just anyone come in. I also think we should stay and fight the Nazis that have a foothold here. Our forefathers pledged their lives and all they owned to protect our democracy.
Awww, you're too late. Trump kicked him out of the country last month.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:08 AM

33,058 posts, read 12,319,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I can't say as I blame him. His name and reputation are being destroyed for partisan politics. When the accusers present some evidence or proof I'll back the play. Until then, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it is a duck. This is a partisan hatchet job.
I don't like him, but I agree with the bolded. I posted a link before his testimony that mentioned just two of the threats that officials had mentioned his family has received (one of the threats they had received to that point mentioned his daughters 'burning in h***' (IIRC), and the other suggested (I'll put it euphemistically) that his wife should 'pull a Lee Harvey Oswald to JFK' on him). Both of those...despicable and beyond the pale, IMO.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:10 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,232,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
It sounds like Flake is highly likely to be a no. He may be the only no. If that’s the case I think 1-2 Democrats still vote yes
I got the impression Flake would be a yes because he said both were believable but only one had corroboration. What has he said that gave you the impression he would be a no vote?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:12 AM

953 posts, read 740,410 times
FBI is run by libs, it would not be a fair investigation.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:23 AM

33,058 posts, read 12,319,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
A man probably held a door open for them on the way into the hearing...hence their displeasure.

I'm a fifth generation Bay Area native, and the two sides of my family are very different. One common thread than runs through we men on both sides of the family is a sort of scratching of our heads re the varied reaction of women (even within our family) to having doors held open for them (we were all raised to do so). One thing I like about living in Texas (I'm the only one who currently lives in Texas, but others in my family have in the past) is that pretty much all women seem to appreciate having doors held open for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies