Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
"Cat Lady" Ford is a nut. If she believed she was "Bat Girl" a polygraph would prove nothing since that would be her reality. All the alleged witnesses have said it never happened and/or they don't know Brett Kavanaugh. The burden was on HER to provide more evidence, not some fantasy concocted in her own mind. She is a Dr in psychology. What we say yesterday was a "performance" using her training to manipulate the public. I watched the hearing from start to finish. Even I started to believe her until Judge Kavanaugh testified and blew her fairytale out of the water.
That was your takeaway from his unhinged scream and fake cry fest?

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
What would an investigation accomplish? Only another delay. There is simply no evidence to prove this woman's story. Not a single witness to back up her statements.

It's obvious that the Democrats want to stall and delay this until after the elections so they can hopefully control the vote.
I didn't get chance to watch Kavanaugh's testimony yesterday except for short piece I heard on radio
This is WaPo article about Miller's last chance to question Kavanaugh--
I think it is pretty revealing both for what she asked and does not ask re a certain date in his oh-so detailed calendars
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.04a30ddf6cf1

Apparently this is the LAST TIME Miller was allowed to question Kavanaugh--
Which might mean she was letting her prosecution style scare the GOP Senators/staff because she was too close to the truth of when Ford's assault could have occurred...
This party on July 1 included most of the people Ford mentions--including the guy Whelan tried to dopplelanger in for Kavanaugh
Miller really only establishes WHO were there w/o trying to place Ford there as perhaps date of the boy she was seeing--or that might be how Kavanaugh met her initially...
She stops before she gets to the nitty - gritty that COULD have been pressed
Too bad she forgot all her years with the Maricopa DA's office to turn syncophant for the GOP
I expected better of her
Guess I was too optimistic in that regard...

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why does Kavanaugh and his supporters, i.e. Graham seem so frustrated, paranoid...if it is all over.

You might want to send them some of your confidence.

Because people don't think the dems are finished trying to destroy this man's reputation.

People are furious that Feinstein started all of this. She had two months to bring this letter forward, but she waited until the vetting process was over, and drops this bomb on the public.

We have a process of vetting SCOTUS nominees. It consists of two months where members of the Senate meet one-on-one with the nominee, and then a public Senate hearing.

Way back in July, Feinstein should have provided Christine Ford's letter to the Judiciary Committee. The committee would have reviewed it, and the accusations investigated.

Way back in July, the people Ford identified as being witnesses would have given their sworn, under oath statements, denying EVERYTHING that Ford said happened. The matter would have been a dead issue.

That's why we have the vetting process, so a nominee's reputation is not needlessly destroyed in public like this.

Feinstein has created lasting damage. Many good people will pause, and may refuse to accept high level federal appointments. They will fear they me be the next target of salacious and unverified rumors, innuendo and accusations, and have their reputations dragged thru the mud.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:16 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This morning's news includes calls for the FBI to look into matters.

Fox News website has Alan Dershowitz calling for the vote to be postponed until the FBI an investigate accusations.

Alan Dershowitz: Postpone Kavanaugh confirmation until FBI can investigate accusations against him | Fox News

American Bar Association, same thing.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/28/amer...legations.html
Here's a little bit of reality. It's over. The hearings are done. It doesn't matter one little bit what Dershowitz is calling for. The first vote will happen in a little while. It's over for you no matter how much you want to go back and continue to have hearings and investigations until 2020. That's not going to happen.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:17 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
now they are talking about impeaching Kavanaugh. globalists are scared.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
A couple weeks delay seems like a really big deal for the Brett supporters....

Yet over a YEAR delay during another admin had them cheering.......

Just as with the Mueller Starr comparison - Starr....5 YEARS for nothing related to his investigation.

Mueller - 1 years and tons of fun...but too long and too expensive.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:18 AM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Simply because there's no evidence that was produced. Circumstance doesn't count when you're not on trial. Nor does it count when jury's are deliberating upon reasonable doubt for that matter.
If this was before a jury he would be acquitted. If she was so sure of her story, why did she have to read her testimony? She sure as heck wouldn’t get to do that at a trial. If she was so sure of herself, she would have been looking straight at the panel and forcefully telling her story from memory. This is not believable!

Old 09-28-2018, 07:19 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The question was what would BK need to prove to completely exonerate himself.
So nothing else will do? Be gay, or be guilty?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:19 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
"Cat Lady" Ford is a nut. If she believed she was "Bat Girl" a polygraph would prove nothing since that would be her reality. All the alleged witnesses have said it never happened and/or they don't know Brett Kavanaugh. The burden was on HER to provide more evidence, not some fantasy concocted in her own mind. She is a Dr in psychology. What we say yesterday was a "performance" using her training to manipulate the public. I watched the hearing from start to finish. Even I started to believe her until Judge Kavanaugh testified and blew her fairytale out of the water.
She did put on a decent show. If she were your average "girl next door" there would be so much sympathy for her. Yet when you realize she's both quite smart (even in psychology they don't hand out doctorates to idiots) and she is trained to elicit a response from people. Let alone having a long history of supporting Democrats. Oh, and taking money from a company that produces RU-486-the abortion pill-which if you believe the hype form the left (I don't) would become valueless if RvW is overturned. It becomes more reasonable to find her motives highly suspect.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:20 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So the Senators can't make Mark Judge come out of hiding and stand before them?

Wow...
But he already has come forward. He gave an under oath statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee, so did the other two witnesses Ford cited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies