Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:16 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Can someone explain why the woman, who is a Senator, waited to bring this issue to the front back in July?

Can someone explain why the woman, who is a Senator, waited to tell the accused she had information on this and had coordinated a lawyer for the accuser ahead of time before making this known?

Why did this woman wait?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:16 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. There was no investigation because Feinstein, the Dems, and Ford dropped the ball. Intentionally? Because they knew the allegations were bogus and Ford would be charged with filing a false police report? Or are Feinstein and the Dems really just that stupid? Food for thought...
Good point...if she would have filled out a false police report...she opens herself to local charges and civil liabilities.

She knew by not doing one, she was protecting herself.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:17 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
sources say Heather Sawyer, a gay staffer on Fienstiens payroll leaked the Ford letter. that would mean her staff and Fienstien lied in an open hearing about the leak -- and called Ford a liar herself.
Perfectly safe for Feinstein to LIE during a Senate Hearing -- SHE is not under Oath.

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Typical Liberal response. Deny the facts, spin the details, and when the record is read out loud, cast dispersions against your opponent.

You meant exactly what you wrote: ALL MEN "could just ease up on the drunken reveling and the waving of their genitals at women"
Dude, whatever.

Ugh.

That is NOT what I meant, but but you hang on to those alternative facts.

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As usual, the Democrats' only concern is whether they stay in power, not "listening to women who were raped".

The good news is, people are starting to realize just how duplicitous and hate-filled the Democrats are. This will bode them no good in the future.

---------------------------------------------

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36389...aign=position1

Bill Clinton Rape Accuser Juanita Broaddrick Crashes Kavanaugh Hearing, Slams Dems For 'Biggest Double Standard'

by JOSEPH CURL
September 27, 2018

Juanita Broaddrick, who accused former President Bill Clinton of raping her before he was president, crashed the Senate hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday, ripping Democrats for what she called “the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen."

Broaddrick addressed the media outside the Senate building where Kavanaugh's Judiciary Committee hearing was set to take place. She said the accusations from Christine Blasey Ford, who claims Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982 at a boozy high school party, is “no comparison” to what happened to her.

“Because Dr. Ford has no evidence — I had the who, what, when, where and how and had five people that I told, not even counting the woman who found me 30 minutes after the rape with a swollen busted lip, torn clothes and in a state of shock,” Broaddrick said.

“How they can take these accusations and run with them, and laugh at mine for so many years is the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen,” she said. “It makes me angry that they left [Clinton] in office,” she said about Senate Democrats who rejected hearing her allegations.
Her anger is understandable. But she is the one who recanted the accusation, which destroyed her credibility.

3,841 posts, read 1,978,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Then why didn't they do it with Gorsuch? Answer, because he had nothing in his past he was trying to hide. So no, it's not even remotely the same.

Although the rush, rush, rush to get Kavanaugh rammed through after leaving a seat open for a year does highlight the hypocrisy of the GOP.
On the flip? Why did Feinstein's office hold the information back from the FBI during the time they knew the FBI was investigating the Justices on the short list? Why? It does not make it right that the possible reason is because they wanted to use the information as a delay tactic if Kavanaugh was the person nominated. Just because the Republicans delayed does not make it right that the Dems did. Kind of like if someone kills someone does not make it right for someone else to do it. Its all hypocritical. Both sides.

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
I think that the reason Judge Cavanaugh kept emphasizing his enjoyment of beer was that he knew the Democrats were trying to make something more of it: He drank beer therefore he got drunk therefore he groped and tried to rape someone therefore he is lying; or, alternatively, he drank SO MUCH BEER that he blacked out and therefore he doesn't remember that he groped and tried to rape someone. That's a whole of supposition, with absolutely nothing to back it up.

He was sarcastically pointing out that the mere fact that he likes beer, drinks beer, and drank beer while in high school is not evidence that anything Ford said actually happened. "I like beer." Full stop.

I like beer. There are 5 bottles of Guinness in my frig right now!
According to some here, that makes me a verifiable alcoholic.
The fact that that 6 pack (minus one) will last me a week or more is irrelevant.
I like beer, and have it on hand, therefore I am a drunk!

Be honest, can you not see the fallacy in that?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
As usual, the Democrats' only concern is whether they stay in power, not "listening to women who were raped".

The good news is, people are starting to realize just how duplicitous and hate-filled the Democrats are. This will bode them no good in the future.

---------------------------------------------

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36389...aign=position1

Bill Clinton Rape Accuser Juanita Broaddrick Crashes Kavanaugh Hearing, Slams Dems For 'Biggest Double Standard'

by JOSEPH CURL
September 27, 2018

Juanita Broaddrick, who accused former President Bill Clinton of raping her before he was president, crashed the Senate hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Thursday, ripping Democrats for what she called “the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen."

Broaddrick addressed the media outside the Senate building where Kavanaugh's Judiciary Committee hearing was set to take place. She said the accusations from Christine Blasey Ford, who claims Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982 at a boozy high school party, is “no comparison” to what happened to her.

“Because Dr. Ford has no evidence — I had the who, what, when, where and how and had five people that I told, not even counting the woman who found me 30 minutes after the rape with a swollen busted lip, torn clothes and in a state of shock,” Broaddrick said.

“How they can take these accusations and run with them, and laugh at mine for so many years is the biggest double standard I’ve ever seen,” she said. “It makes me angry that they left [Clinton] in office,” she said about Senate Democrats who rejected hearing her allegations.
I'm fascinated by this notion that what happened in mid 1990's is relevant to how we interpret situations in today's culture.

The metoo movement has most certainly made all of us Democrats and Republicans (I hope) keenly aware of how NOT to treat accusers.

The 90's we were still old school attacking the accuser, blaming the victim....no doubt -- red, blue, Democrat, Republican, male, female -- we were all playing that game

And yes those in the past have a right to say -- it seems hypocritical -- it all does.

But that doesn't excuse folks standing up and speaking out NOW.

Ironically, Republicans/conservatives jump on the accusations made of 'liberals', Democratic politicians demanding they lose their jobs, etc......but in this case -- he's innocent -- no proof -- .........

And that's in the last couple of years.

We've learned lessons and evolve --- we can't continue to tolerate behaviors because in the past we didn't react the way we should have.

That's just ridiculous.

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Women aren't believed the day of or 35 years later. They're regularly made to feel shamed or responsible for the assault.

Just another case in point.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/prin...160455321.html

Girl reports assault to school officials. While out of the room their conversation was recorded on a cell phone.

"The phone captured the conversation that took place in the family’s absence, during which James made derogatory remarks about the girl and threatened to “embarrass her a**.”

“This … is going to compromise her,” James says on the recording. “And that’s why I’m going to go the extra mile and call MPD [the Metropolitan Police Department]. That’s why I’m going to do all of this … because I’m sick of her. … So I’m going to call MPD, I’m going to have a long, drawn-out email just so that I can embarrass her.”

In what appears to be an aside to Stevens over the phone, she reportedly made a comment critical of the student’s attire.

“You should see the dress she’s got on,” James said."

This is the problem. This is on full display in the US Senate.

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Then why didn't they do it with Gorsuch? Answer, because he had nothing in his past he was trying to hide. So no, it's not even remotely the same.

Although the rush, rush, rush to get Kavanaugh rammed through after leaving a seat open for a year does highlight the hypocrisy of the GOP.
That's already been discussed why half a dozen times at least. You're not keeping up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies