Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If you think the majority of women are going to hurry out and vote Republican after this fiasco, I recommend you frequent more places than conservative internet comments sections and the early bird specials at Denny's.
you said the same thing during 2016...how'd that work out for ya?

Whether you like it or not--there are women who are more dedicated to truth, logic and reality than they are to political party affiliation.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:23 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,424,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Those Democrats in Republican states don't have much of a choice, but to vote for Kavanaugh. The people of those states have backed and voted for a senator who supported the nomination of a conservative judge on the supreme court the vast majority of elections. The percentage is high, like in the plus 88 percent. Either they vote for Kavanaugh or they find themselves another job.
Pretty much.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm fascinated by this notion that what happened in mid 1990's is relevant to how we interpret situations in today's culture.

The metoo movement has most certainly made all of us Democrats and Republicans (I hope) keenly aware of how NOT to treat accusers.

The 90's we were still old school attacking the accuser, blaming the victim....no doubt -- red, blue, Democrat, Republican, male, female -- we were all playing that game

And yes those in the past have a right to say -- it seems hypocritical -- it all does.

But that doesn't excuse folks standing up and speaking out NOW.

Ironically, Republicans/conservatives jump on the accusations made of 'liberals', Democratic politicians demanding they lose their jobs, etc......but in this case -- he's innocent -- no proof -- .........

And that's in the last couple of years.

We've learned lessons and evolve --- we can't continue to tolerate behaviors because in the past we didn't react the way we should have.

That's just ridiculous.
Her story is not from the 90s. It is from the 70s.

That is how desperate Trump and his acolytes are. They keep resurrecting her, while condemning Dems. LOL--now that is funny. Like anyone cares what this woman has to say--we've heard it--she recanted. Now she's a martyr? Please.

And people poo-pooed Ford because it happened in the 80s!

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
If only she had been able to stick to one version of the story, like Dr. Ford did.

What are we supposed to do with her recanting that it ever happened? Ignore it?

29,428 posts, read 9,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
It was in college. I wouldnt say rape went on, but a lot of things go on during this time. Many girls and guys do things, stupid things partying during this time. If he did do something, I would respect him a whole lot more if he did says things happened during this time in college, just not forcibly with woman. Most guys in college see this kind of thing, or engage in it some how.
College. Right. I guess I'm not "most guys" then, and it isn't like I didn't get around...

Big high school. Large university after high school, then another very large university after that one, then graduate school. LOTS of parties. Lots of friends, women, drinking, drugs, and I've never been first-hand witness to anything like sexual assault, let alone a been a part. Never.

2,102 posts, read 996,601 times
OMG - it's Spartacus! ... MUTE button

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times
Quote:
Remind me again why we want the court shifted hard right? Is that an way to represent the country?

ALL OF THE COUNTRY?

Or just the uberconservatives and Fox News fans?

I genuinely do want to know.

Roberts was a conservative. I would like him replaced by a conservative, as that keeps the court balanced.

But, why not a conservative more in the vein of Roberts? We have those. They do exist.

If a judge "pledging to interpret the Constitution as it was written" is now "hard right," then the dems have truly been victorious in warping the minds of the American people.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:25 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
This is hysterical...

For decades liberals have told men to get in touch with their feminine side....

...and now they are saying Kavanaugh is not butch enough
I haven't seen that comment but I have seen some concern for his inability to control his emotions.

His answers regarding his drinking habits were belligerent...he sounded like a spoiled teen age brat...and he even came back and apologized. It was inappropriate.

88,770 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Remind me again why we want the court shifted hard right? Is that an way to represent the country?

ALL OF THE COUNTRY?
It IS time to shift the country back to Constitutionalism. The US is a Constitutional Republic. No more activist legislating from the bench. The SCOTUS is not Constitutionally tasked with legislating. That's Congress' purview.

2,922 posts, read 3,074,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
With this confirmation "hearing", we've become the laughing stock of the world. Ram-rodding an overtly partisan judge onto the SCOTUS, so that he can legislate from the bench shows that without a doubt our process is broken beyond repair.

Trump has indeed proven that he is King, which was his goal from day 1. The toadies in Congress that will vote Trump's golden boy Kavanaugh into office don't represent us in any way. Rather, they perform like puppets at the beck and call of an egomaniacal President. When Kavanaugh gets confirmed to the SCOTUS, this will be a turning point for the USA - we will never be the same. He will work tirelessly to support the rights of the wealthy and powerful, at the expense of the underclass in the heartland, the very people that paved the way for his ascendance to the court.
You spout the party line well comrade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies