Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 11:39 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not that I have anything against women with power , I hope the basis of your uprising has got more substance to it than some stupid pictures of men you don't like.
It is easy to see when pictures are taken out of character. Unfortunately these pictures are very much in character for these characters. I think that's what tends to make the difference in the court of opinion...

Old 09-28-2018, 11:40 AM

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Bill Clinton was obviously a sexual predator. But Democrats never cared about that. He was their alpha male.

At least Bill Clinton turned out to be a good President for the U.S. economy. Have to give him credit for that.

2,102 posts, read 1,003,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder if Christine Ford has a split personality. She spoke like a little girl with a baby voice ("What does exculpatory mean?") but when asked about her academic area of expertise, she quickly turned into an educated adult with a deeper voice. Of course she might have been acting.

Her couple's counseling was related to her sex life with her husband. I've wondered if she was molested by a relative or family friend when she was young but it was too traumatic to consciously acknowledge. So she created this incident in her head. After all, her own 'witnesses' basically called her a liar. So it makes sense if she was molested as a child she would avoid sex as much as possible

There is also information out there that she had a troubled school life so her parents either shipped her to California or they all moved. What happened? Was she binge drinking as her yearbook seemed to indicate? Hanging out with the wrong crowd? Going to parties with older boys?
After Kavanaugh is confirmed I bet more info will come out because people will feel safe to speak. Would anyone be shocked if she announced she was a lesbian? Stranger things have happened.
I wondered exactly the same thing: CBF is a woman who has clearly been emotionally damaged - particularly given her Valley Girl speech, medicated demeanor, Munchkin expressions, and her ability to turn her emotions on/off like a light switch. This type of emotional damage to women usually are the result of a traumatic event/events experienced in their youth as a girl.

But no one questioned her about other traumatic events that may have contributed to her mental state, especially regarding her relationships with men (principally her father, husband, father figures, other boyfriends, etc).

And no one questioned her history of mental health (psychological trauma, therapies, medications, etc.).

My take is that she truly believes her allegations. However, this may have been a series of fantasies created during her therapy sessions, and now she firmly believes them to the extent that she could pass a lie detector. But so have people with tales of alien abduction.

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
I get that a victim fears humiliation or that they will be deemed a liar if they come forward. Another to consider is this: the longer the victim waits to come forward to law enforcement, the longer the perp can continue their attacks. So, not reporting ASAP almost seems selfish to me because that victim might not be thinking about the other victims or potential victims.

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
but that doesn't change the fact that bill Clinton is a liberal hero, and yet a serial rapist... or are you saying Juanita Broaddrick | Kathleen Willey | Paula Jones | Sandra Allen James | Eileen Wellstone | Christy Zercher | Carolyn Moffet | Helen Dowdy | Becky Brown | Regina Blakely Hopper | Monica Lewinsky | Elizabeth Ward Gracen | Gennifer Flowers | Connie Hamzy | Dolly Kyle Browning | Sally Miller (Sally Perdue) | Lencola Sullivan .....are all 100% liars???..
do you hate women that much???
Can you please provide a source? I never heard of over half of them and have no idea who they are. Thanks.

I believe some of the stories of some of them. The rest I've never heard of.

Never believed Broadderick due to her ever-changing story and affidavit. Paula Jones is a skanky liar, who was backed by a rightwing group.

I do believe:

Jessica Leeds|Kristin Anderson|Jill Harth|Kathy Heller|Temple McDowell|Karena Virginia|Bridget Sullivan|Tasha Dixon|Mindy McGillivray|Rachel Crooks|Natasha Stoynoff|Jennifer Murphy|Jessica Drake|Ninni Laaksonen|Summer Zervos|Cassandra Serles|Stormy Daniels|Karen McDaniels

Do you? Or do you hate women?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list...ry?id=51956410

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ces/443685002/

Old 09-28-2018, 11:41 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
https://twitter.com/senjudiciary/sta...08638952857600

Old 09-28-2018, 11:42 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It's interesting that Juanita Broderick was at the hearing. She criticized the Dems for double standards. Said she had the Who, What, Where and Witnesses of her rape by Clinton but was ignored. Here the Dems treated Ford like Joan of Arc or Rosa Parks without ANY evidence.
Libs on here can’t defend this obvious double standard and shows their fake outrage for what it is.

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not the pictures of stupid men (though I agree with your assessment there) but the things they are spouting in those pictures. They told women in no uncertain terms that even credible witnesses will not dissuade them, nor will requests for an investigation, nor will they allow other witnesses to testify.

If you think women aren't paying attention to this, you are out of touch. Millions of women let their voices be heard after the ***** grabber was put in the White House. Those women haven't just gone away in the last two years.

I'm fine with the GOP moving forward on this. They are hastening their own demise.

I'm starting to look forward to your posts as much as I_Love_Autumn's... equally as entertaining !

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
They are punch drunk on Power.
It s a power grab.
They do not care about elections anymore.
They want the corporations and the courts.

1 the Rethugs are openly trying to place a hyper partisan judge to the SCOTUS

2 Republicans STOLE Obama's pick for the SCOTUS

3 Mitch declared he would block Hillary (if elected) from ever filling a seat on the SCOTUS (even if it took 4 years)

Those 3 things right there mean all bets are off and the Democratic party is free to do all those things and more.
The Republicans have shown they no longer care about the US as a nation, instead allthey care about their individual and collective power and egregious sectarianism. As such liberals are free to completely change the face and structure of the SCOTUS in order to balance the SCOTUS as it is intended to be.

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Perhaps there are a few intelligent people in the GOP who recognize this as the train wreck it is for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies