Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 12:55 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Allegations can come up now that RGB is a drunk and sleeps it off in her chambers and is unfit to serve.
OK, but in regards to Kavanaugh, what is the FBI going to do if more "anonymous" phone calls and letters keep piling up? What if Senators continue to receive "anonymous" letters and/or claims like Ramirez who are willing to lie under oath with wishy washy claims after the week?

Just ignore it?

All it will do is cause more public out cry from liberals and more endless debates within the Senate.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:56 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
If by interesting you mean pointless and idiotic, I agree.

Answering questions doesn't necessarily indicate truthfulness....
but NOT answering them suggests dishonesty and YOU know it mate.

You can deny it, but even a kid knows that mom and dad tend to avoid answering when they would either have to lie or give an answer the child would not like.

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
deal with it. I don't expect members of the right to understand, but the reality is people like Brett will hurt your kids/grand kids as much as mine.

YOUR child has exactly the same chances of needing an abortion, being gay ,fiscal assistance or some other difference that conservatives hate so much.

So while you try to distort the SCOTUS into a tool of extremists, just remember your family, your red state grand kids will suffer MORE than those of blue state liberals (on average)

Blue states will use their state powers to protect their denizens, red states will go the other way.

And while it might "feel good" to stick it to libs, you need to remember that your kids, and my kids will on average face the same differences and will on average need the support of tolerate state and society exactly as often and as much. With the only difference being your kids will have less access to state protections if they live in a red state....
They are not coming for your abortions...

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
wow i don't see how anyone could not understand that image but i full get that conservatives will discount it 100%
That image makes it more plain but I saw the same thing during the hearing, Kav avoiding a LOT of questions and getting flustered while Ford was calm and deliberate by comparison, answering all the questions and clarifying things as specifically as she could.

200 posts, read 146,992 times
I think the Democrats have more in mind than merely delaying a floor vote on Kavanaugh- they may well hope to entangle him in a process crime, i.e., lying to the FBI investigators.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:57 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

you forgot to include the fact that Kavanaugh was asked leading questions which required either a yes or no answer and that were politically motivated. Ford was not and was given the benefit of the doubt by democrats. Kavanaugh was presumed guilty by democrats.

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
This whole thing has been watching the desperation of the Democrats on display. It's pretty pathetic and does nothing whatsoever to make me think kindly of the Democrats. Nothing. I can almost guarantee this so-called deal to wait one week will not be enough for the Democrats. They'll waste very little time in asking for more time for whatever reason. They'll call it "fair" when they damn well know nothing they've done has been in the interest of fairness or even truth. Gah, they irritate me to no end.

I'm definitely irritated to Flake for caving and trying to be everyone's friend. He's going to find out, which I'm shocked he hasn't yet, that they aren't his friends. They're using him, just like they used Ford. Horrible politics at play here.

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
wow i don't see how anyone could not understand that image but i full get that conservatives will discount it 100%
Asking "Are you willing to have the FBI investigate" 20 times in a row while cutting off Kavanaugh every time he tries to answer should count as one question instead of 20...lol.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:58 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Murkowski to @ckmarie:
“do you support Senator Flake’s call for a delay and an FBI investigation?”
Murkowski: "yes I do. It has to be limited in time and scope.”

— Phil Mattingly (@Phil_Mattingly) September 28, 2018

Lisa Murkowski agrees with Jeff Flake about an FBI investigation, but clarifies that it has to be "Limited in Scope". Jeff Flake also indicated that he expected this to be "Limited in scope".

This is the key here, fellas. It appears they are just want some political cover here, but are not really looking to slow this process down.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:58 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
You don't think the Dems are going to demand that every accusation no matter how crazy or baseless be investigated?????

Of course they will. And they will keep doing it until it's too late to vote Kav in before the mid-terms.

You don't see this???????
The scope of the investigation will be restricted to the CURRENT ALLEGATIONS only. They will be ordered by Director Wray to ignore anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies