Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:56 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/statu...31737156943872

Old 09-28-2018, 02:56 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Wow, yet another con coming out and admitting that the anti-choice movement is really about stopping people from having the kind of sex you think they should be having.

You guys aren't even hiding it anymore.
Well, as I said, unfettered sex is nice. But I'm not about to worship it or anything.
I guess you feel differently.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
So let's say someone goes to the FBI to report a bank robbery.

The FBI asks, which bank - where is it? The accuser says I do not remember.

The FBI asks, when did this happen - what day and month? The accuser says I do not remember.

What is the appropriate response of the FBI in this case?

(This is the same situation the FBI is going to have with these allegations against Kavanaugh)

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Both gave credible performances yesterday that failed to move the needle.

but the burden of proof is on the accuser.....she didn't even provide 1 evidence or witness that puts Kavanaugh and her in the same party let alone about the other stuff.

what is the FBI is going to do? take their statements again and find a unknown witness under a rock to find if they saw something in a party in 1982.

the alleged crime took a few minutes, she said 2 people in the room, both have denied it......so what is the FBI going to do? get CSI on the case?

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just stop! If she truly wanted an investigation she could have gone to the Montgomery County Police and made them investigate at any time since her name was leaked. There is no statute of limitations, and with the media attention they couldn't ignore the request.
There are limitations. There are no limitations on rape, which this was not, and no limitations on various degrees of sexual assault but however, there is an age of 18 or over for it to apply.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:58 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
actually it is not.

and abortion is not about unfettered sex.

Furthermore i suggest you spend some time researching , liberals are NOT more likely to have abortions, CONSERVATIVES have more abortions than liberals....

(did you really not know that)

Why?

Well conservatives are less likely to use/ have access to/ educated about.. effective birth control and thus find themselves in a predicament more often..

sorry to burst your bubble, if you doubt me research it fully.
Abortion is ALL about being able to have unfettered sex. Don't be silly.
But then, you probably already know that and just won't admit it. I find that very common.

21,474 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
To be consistent and fair, it's not just Democrats. The republican Senate canceled the confirmation vote for Tuesday because some Senate Republicans are definitely not on board the Kavanaugh bandwagon and will vote as such. Also, the American Bar Association came out and recently pulled it's endorsement of Kavanaugh for SCOTUS and has called for an FBI investigation, along with Yale College of Law, Kavanaugh's alma mater.

It's not just Democrats. It's all normal thinking, rational, educated adults.
No, it's people who have zero backbone. Who wants to bet that at the end of the week long investigation another salacious unprovable accusation will be leaked that must extend the investigation in perpetuity? This is a stalling tactic, and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
To be consistent and fair, it's not just Democrats. The republican Senate canceled the confirmation vote for Tuesday because some Senate Republicans are definitely not on board the Kavanaugh bandwagon and will vote as such. Also, the American Bar Association came out and recently pulled it's endorsement of Kavanaugh for SCOTUS and has called for an FBI investigation, along with Yale College of Law, Kavanaugh's alma mater.

It's not just Democrats. It's all normal thinking, rational, educated, fair-minded adults.
The Jesuit priest organization also called for an investigation and they already endorsed him.

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
That's a point I wish Ford supporters would respond to. I have to keep up with this thread on work breaks, so I hope I haven't missed someone's comment to that.

I also wish Ford supporters would comment on the very real possibility that Ford (and DiFi) allowed other women to be placed at risk by not coming forward sooner - IF Kavanaugh is guilty of these accusations. If they REALLY cared about the safety of women, they would have "exposed" Kav sooner. The fact that they did not......100% politically motivated and ZERO % wanting actual justice.

Ford is the left's political puppet, she's clearly been traumatized by events in her youth and I would bet this incident was not the only time. I don't think Kavanaugh is the one who did this to her, but DiFi ran with it & has left Ford even more traumatized. DiFi should be charged with pyschological abuse of someone not wholly in control of her faculties.
You say you don't believe her yet wish she had come forward sooner to "protect other women." Which is it then?

Old 09-28-2018, 02:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You know, that struck me, as well. She appeared to be under the influence of one or more psychotropic meds.
I don't know if she took anything or not but the good Judge should have taken a Xanax or 3. He might have come across like someone that wants to be on the Supreme Court for a lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies