Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times

Advertisements

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think Kavanaugh has what it takes to be a SCJ. I really wasn't expecting the total lack of composure I saw. I understand being accused of sexual assault is horrendous, but understand being at the top, these bombs come and go. If you're innocent you're innocent and while the whole process is quite stressful, I don't think it warranted the over-the-top emotion and confrontation we saw.

Kavanaugh said he didn't watch Ford testify, well maybe he should have

Ford had many holes in her story, holes I can't forgive and holes large enough an FBI investigation is kind of null. I mean really, there is nothing else to investigate.

I presume Kavanaugh innocent because there is really nothing substantial to prove him guilty, however his character in my opinion does not rise to the level of SCJ. We can do better.

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just stop! If she truly wanted an investigation she could have gone to the Montgomery County Police and made them investigate at any time since her name was leaked. There is no statute of limitations, and with the media attention they couldn't ignore the request.
She has never stated she wanted him charged with a crime.

This may change, of course. But her original impulse was to let those in power know that they should pick someone else on that short list.

She was overcome by events and here we are.

As to these constant calls for other people to, "Just stop!" I would ask you to please follow your own advice.

Have a blessed day.

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I absolutely do not like Kavanaugh and I also agree this is a political play that is not very honorable. It is also the result of the incompetent leader currently in Washington.

Thanks to that leadership, the republican party is backed into a no win situation. They are already set to lose control of congress and if Kavanaugh is placed on the SC, I predict republicans will lose so bad it will be decades before they regain any political power of significance.
I predict the opposite. I think this is a real loser for the Democrats.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:00 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
but the burden of proof is on the accuser.....she didn't even provide 1 evidence or witness that puts Kavanaugh and her in the same party let alone about the other stuff.
Yes she did, and her witness produced a affidavit stating she was not at the party, did not know of any party, and did not even know Kavanaugh

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
The FBI investigation is what should have happened in the first place before people on both sides started acting like flaming jerkoffs.

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But she asked for the investigation and underwent a polygraph and passed but you place the one that wants neither in a place of integrity and as the victim in this?

Integrity? She has NONE. Can we spell M-O-N-E-Y? She has over 12 Go Fund Me Accounts started by others, totaling $500,000. She said, "At one point, (Ford said), “I’m aware that there’s been several GoFundMe sites … I haven’t had a chance to figure out how to manage those because I’ve never had one.” Her lawyers also claimed that they are working pro bono and paid for the polygraph. Ford has further had to move out of her house with her family for security reasons.

There are currently more than a dozen campaigns on the GoFundMe site to raise money for the fees Ford has incurred throughout the process of coming forward with her allegations. The most successful campaign has raised more than $300,000 thus far from nearly 8,000 donors. The description promises, “We want to be very clear that the money raised from this campaign is going directly to the Ford Family. They are the only authorized beneficiary.”

According to MarketWatch, the campaign’s funds jumped from $179,000 to $305,000 in the 30 minutes after Ford mentioned GoFundMe. Another campaign has raised about $200,000 from nearly 7,000 donors. The frequency of the donations picked up during Thursday’s hearing...."I don't know much about the accounts and I don't know how to remove the money." Hrmm...You will learn how to spend all this money pretty soon.

She needs to take ALL the money from Go Fund Me account and hand it over to Judge K for the He*L she has caused him! Let's take a guess: If she is asked to donate to the (hypothetical) "Judge K Fund" that she should create, what % of the money that she has obtained, should be given to him?

Or give it ALL to the Rape Crisis Center, as she has made a mockery of REAL rape victims. Of them ever stepping forward to report their assaults, because of all this garbage. Not saying in her drunken stupor and free party love that someone did not attack her but it was not Judge K! She is not believeable nor credible in any way, shape or form....except to the democrats.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/09...h-hearing.html

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So let's say someone goes to the FBI to report a bank robbery.

The FBI asks, which bank? The accuser says I do not remember.

The FBI asks, when did this happen? The accuser says I do not remember.

What is the appropriate response of the FBI in this case?

(This is the same situation the FBI is going to have with these allegations against Kavanaugh)

I agree....all the FBI can do is take their statements AGAIN and give it to the Senate with a big FBI seal on the report.

all of the 4 people that deny her claims will say the same thing, they didn't see or know about the party...........are they going find somebody who was hidden under the bed or closet after 37 years and testify? WTF.!

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
The idea that testimony is not "evidence" is incorrect.

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
Michael Moore now saying he thinks a vacant seat on Election Day is a disaster for Democrats. I’ve been saying that all week. If Garland was seated in 2016 I have zero doubt Hillary easily wins that election

Old 09-28-2018, 03:01 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
They don't want to investigate now or believe now, why would they want to investigate or believe then.

Double smack and duh.
When reporting is done close to the incident, 'believing' can be taken out of the equation by evidence. You should know that, just as others should know a female can have reasons for not reporting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies