Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 PM

6,402 posts, read 8,233,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Why?...because there's nothing for the FBI to investigate. No time, no date, no place, no witnesses.

The FBI can simply pull out their notes from their first six investigations into Mr. Kavanaugh.
Cool. Then nothing to be upset about, right?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,395,597 times
Here's three things I know that the judge flat out lied about yesterday.

1. "Boofing" does not mean farting.
2. Devils Triangle most certainly doesn't refer to a drinking game.
3. "Renate alumnus" ain't no compliment for his 'good friend' Renate.

Three flat out lies.

Signed,
A sorority girl in the 80s

Old 09-28-2018, 07:47 PM

22,914 posts, read 12,072,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
She's asserted all along that she told the therapist - and I recall that here she did mention the name but that the therapist did not transcribe it into her notes.

Did a quick google:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ford-kavanaugh

That source refers to therapy notes that Ford provided to the WaPo. Presumably these are the therapist's notes that Ford as the patient obtained then turned over? I don't know why Congress couldn't or wouldn't have them? It would be easy enough to google further.

It IS uncomfortable to base a decision on a he said - she said but I'm just not sure that Kavanaugh can be given the benefit of the doubt in a matter involving the Supreme Court.

He is not being convicted nor sent to prison but, yes, this will leave a stain on his reputation. And hers.

Not an easy situation for anyone involved, for sure.
Apparently with what therapy notes were actually released - the therapist had not write down his name on those notes, which would be extremely odd if the name had actually come up in the session. The claim that his name was mentioned is an unproven claim, much like the rest of her accounts - unproven.

18,058 posts, read 10,233,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Is this really true she works for an abortion pill manufacturer?
Why didn’t this come out sooner??!

Hollywood is probably paying her as I write for her story.
And she’ll be able to retire on her speaking fees —will probably be top speaker at the DNC convention...
Not True. She worked in the past for a company that used a component of the abortion bill to treat an entirely different disease. Idiots on the right are suggesting it is actually used off label as an abortion pill but that is nuts...the formulation and dosage is completely different and much more expensive.

56,900 posts, read 25,829,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
A note on what the FBI can and can't do: This isn't a criminal investigation, no grand jury, so they can't subpoena records or force anyone to testify. NO special counsel.

I already know what the FBI report will say....NADA....Nothing....Zero........what you heard yesterday will stay the same.
You sound very happy with that fact, so what's the problem since they will find nothing.

11,011 posts, read 10,970,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The composition of the court was right leaning before Gorsuch, why didn't the democrats take their stand. Did you forget all the pro business decisions that came down 5-4, were the democrats satisfied with Citizens United. So according to you their take was its bad but not that bad.
He’s replacing a swing voter. Now the court will be solidly conservative and that is making Democrats lose their minds. Look, I get it. If the Democrats had won and the court was going to be solidly liberal, I would be very, very upset. But I wouldn’t smear people or cheer on smearing people in order to keep that from happening. What can I say? Elections have consequences and I knew when I voted in the last election, the court was my number one issue. It’s actually why I did not vote for Trump in the primary but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his court picks to include Kavanaugh.

Maybe next time Democrats should keep their eye on the ball - the court - and stop worrying about all those identity politics instead.

2,908 posts, read 3,857,959 times
You know what would be great? If every Liberal here that is denouncing Kavanaugh based on zero evidence and potential projection, to step up and write a single line post denouncing Keith Ellison.

Old 09-28-2018, 07:48 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,033,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Why?...because there's nothing for the FBI to investigate. No time, no date, no place, no witnesses.

The FBI can simply pull out their notes from their first six investigations into Mr. Kavanaugh.
Oh please...they will be questioning people they had no idea existed or played any role in determining the character or lack thereof of Brett Kavanaugh.

7,058 posts, read 9,022,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
...can somebody dumb down this info and what does it have to do with his nomination? Is it over stuff that happen decades ago and no proof..?
Yes, a woman alleges that something occurred more than 35 years ago, when they were in High School, at an alleged party that supposedly occurred at a place she cannot name, at a time she cannot recall, with no evidence whatsoever, and the 'witnesses' that she named have stated that no such party occurred with her in attendance, they completely fail to corroborate and/or refute her allegation.

21,395 posts, read 10,452,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
If that happens, I hope you enjoy all those welfare queens leeching off the system, since they had to carry those pesky babies that nobody wants to pay for.
It won’t happen, even with Kavanaugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies