Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 09:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Juanita Broadrick was there at the grilling.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:21 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We're not talking guilt. We are talking character and world and USA view. His speech said it all - he is a partisan hack who will spend the rest of his life, like Trump, trying to get even with people.

He doesn't have the temper or judgement to sit on the highest court. That is all he is guilty of.
NOPE ....... we are talking Felonies. Charges of attempted Rape, attempted Murder, Gang Rape, Drugs.

This isn't a JOKE, it's about Real Lives of Real People. It's all "Politics" and "Election 2018" to the Leftists.

NORMAL PEOPLE understand that it's about destroying LIVES and Reputations. It's about taking away a Lifetime of Work, destruction of Career, attacks on Innocent People

AND

Setting a new precedent in the United States -- Automatically GUILTY, until you PROVE your innocence.

IF .... you are Male
AND
IF any Female makes an Accusation ...... even without even a Shred of Proof. Without a Date/Place/Time and with Witnesses that DENY it ever happened.

GUILTY!!!!!!!!!! ...... the Hang'em High MOBS scream.
I don't want that world ..... and I'm not alone in that. I want our current System of Government.
I don't want MOB RULE, Anarchy and loss of Freedom. In fact -- I won't accept it, I'm not alone.

It's a Mid-Term Election Game to you Leftists ...... it's our very system of Government to Normal People.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:23 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I believe the FBI is tasked to "investigate" the Blockbuster Breaking NEWS about the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh. Where do you think they might "investigate"?

I'm guessing (based on multiple FBI Investigations I've been involved in) with the allegations themselves AND the Accusers. They will talk to the same "witnesses" that Ford, Ramirez and Swetnick named and they really have no options but to "investigate" the Accusers themselves.

They pretty much have already covered Brett Kavanaugh back to almost Kindergarten. They have to go after what the "accusers" have claimed. The "what, when, how, WHO" involved.

Since all of them are "Lawyered UP" ...... they will probably get the run around with none of the Accusers willing to speak to them .... that will be the famous "report".
The FBI will question those involved. Their statements will not differ from the original statements without penalty of felony. The Democrats are actively recruiting "victims" as we speak and likely are already holding on to a few cards they have withheld. No matter what the outcome of the FBI "questioning", and be certain that is all it will be, this cluster**** will continue for another week at the expense of a legitimate victims and a good man, of whom you may politically disagree.

ALL of this could ultimately be resolved by filing a complaint with the local police departments. However,

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

― Carl Sandburg

Old 09-28-2018, 09:25 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Not a circus. Standard operating procedure.
Incorrect

As Graham said, he has never seen such despicable behavior in all his years in politics, and he is a mild conservative.

Intentionally trying to derail the process on day one where the chairman couldn't even get through the welcoming of the nominee, coordinated protesters invited by Democrats continuously disrupting the proceedings, withholding the accusation of Ford by Feinstein for 6 weeks, etc., etc., etc.

Their goal all along was to not only vote against this nominee, but since they don't have the votes to stop him, they used underhanded and dirty tactics trying to ruin his nomination, current job/career, and essentially damage his reputation for the rest of his life.
All over what?
Supposedly groping a teenage girl when he was a teenager 35+ years ago.

But I am sure anyone trying to defend this despicable behavior would feel the same way if it happened to their father, brother, son or grandson, right?

Winning at all costs with a scorched earth tactic is well below the dignity of the deliberative body of our senate, and has forever disgraced those who participated in this freak show.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
With Mark Judge willing to co operate it will be interesting what he tells the FBI.
Wondering if Republican Staffers ring Mark Judges phone off the hook as the FBI are walking up the drive.
Obstruction by proxy Mr Brett. Better be careful how much he lets Trump give him Manafort ideas.

Can imagine adding witness tampering to Kavenaugh s qualifications for Supreme Court Justice....
He s a gem.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:27 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Yes, a woman alleges that something occurred more than 35 years ago, when they were in High School, at an alleged party that supposedly occurred at a place she cannot name, at a time she cannot recall, with no evidence whatsoever, and the 'witnesses' that she named have stated that no such party occurred with her in attendance, they completely fail to corroborate and/or refute her allegation.
ok so took 3 pages to get this point..

So again wtf does it have to do with his nomination? is it just some political tactic to denied the person because its not somebody they picked?

I mean come on, name me one senator, and/or judge that hasnt done something stupid. If i was this person they are scrutinize i would come back with dirt on every person in that room and question their abilities to do their jobs as well as i do mine. See whom left standing..

Old 09-28-2018, 09:27 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
No matter who is seated on the Court, they are not going to arbitrarily revisit existing decisions in the absence of a lawsuit based upon the Constitutionality of the original decision.
I disagree, the Robert's court overturned 40 years of precedent in the Janus decision
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/supr...nion-case.html

Old 09-28-2018, 09:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Old story that he's already taken responsibility for and apologized for.
I'm aware of when this took place.

I was replying to a post that said Blumenthal embellished & could have been "activated at any time".

He didn't "just" embellish. He lied. He said,
Quote:
....since the days that I served in Vietnam".
And the fact that:
Quote:
...he landed a coveted spot in the Marine Reserve, which virtually guaranteed that he would not be sent to Vietnam.
Quote:
The fact remains that he did serve for 6 years in the Reserves, even if he had previously obtained deferments, contrasted with Cadet Bone Spurs who served for 0 minutes never mind 6 years.
I don't understand the issue? Do you have proof/is there proof stating/showing that Trump did not have bone spurs?

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He shouldn't be confirmed because he outright LIED under oath about his high school and college drinking, painting himself as if as goody-two shoes. People can overlook and forgive stupid stuff done during those years but he was not honest when asked about things he wrote in his year book. He was not honest about not blacking out after drinking as confirmed by his own written words and he was not honest about a least three other things regarding contradictory things HE wrote in his year book, trying to whitewash his youth. And other classmates have come forward to say just that. He was a heavy drinker, a sloppy drunk who got belligerent and passed out.
so name a congress person that didnt lie?

you cant so his lie doesnt go no further then theirs does.

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
GUILTY UNTILL PROVEN INNOCENT

Will this be the new norm ?

Let's evaluate the behavior of our Democrat Senators during the session we are discussing.
Do we really want these politicians representing us ?
Somewhere, Hillary Clinton is laughing hysterically. All those Benghazi investigations, and no charges, but the GOP is still convinced she’s guilty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies