Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:27 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Mark Judge already signed a sworn affidavit saying it didn't happen.
He never even signed it, and he said that he "had no memory of the incident", not that it didn't happen

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ark-Judge.html

Old 09-29-2018, 08:28 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
This has been one helluva job interview - bet you never went to one like this.
Agree & it's one heckova job.

Quote:
The Supreme Court plays a very important role in our constitutional system of government.
  • First, as the highest court in the land, it is the court of last resort for those looking for justice.
  • Second, due to its power of judicial review, it plays an essential role in ensuring that each branch of government recognizes the limits of its own power.
  • Third, it protects civil rights and liberties by striking down laws that violate the Constitution.
  • Finally, it sets appropriate limits on democratic government by ensuring that popular majorities cannot pass laws that harm and/or take undue advantage of unpopular minorities.

In essence, it serves to ensure that the changing views of a majority do not undermine the fundamental values common to all Americans, i.e., freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and due process of law.
About the Supreme Court | United States Courts

& nope.

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
But the elephant in the room is Ford's witnesses...she claimed were there and said all of them know Kavanaugh

All of Ford's witnesses said they don't know what she's talking about.....and Keyser ramped it up a notch and said she doesn't even know Kavanaugh

Something the left cannot figure out.....

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
If it was a court room which it was not, the Democratic Senators would have been held in contempt.

They badgered the witness at every opportunity they got.
Baloney. Senators were asking him perfectly reasonable questions about that calendar he kept waving about, whether he had ever blacked out during his beer drinking days, etc.

The only badgering involved was Kavanaugh's belligerence towards various Senators.

The man's a mess. Blubbering and ranting about Democrats and conspiracies.

Is this the best Republicans can come up with?

Old 09-29-2018, 08:29 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You're not getting it: Before, it was just a letter sent from Judge's lawyer, but we are now dealing with an FBI investigation. Judge knows full well that if the FBI uncover evidence that he was, in fact, in that room, if he lies to them about it, he's toast.
This is what his lawyer said in an interview with the NYT:

Quote:
“I never saw anything like that,” he said in the interview. “The way it was described is even bizarre, about turning up the music and all this other stuff. It’s no situation I recall ever being in.”
Whether he is telling the truth or not, as long as he says “I dont recall.”, he is safe from prosecution. It is impossible to prove what he does or doesn’t remember. Unless he told someone else about it recently, it is impossible to prove what he does or doesn’t remember.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:30 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Do I think Kavanaugh is a serial sexual assaulter or gang rapist? No.

Do I think he's the innocent choir boy, 30 yr old virgin he portrays himself as? No, again.

It's a circular argument to say he wouldn't do something like that because he has a good reputation.

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
He was like a stoner in that interview. He had clearly been coached, as he refused to answer questions, and kept robotically repeating the same answers over and over again. He was equally bizarre in that interview, just in a different way.
I actually think both he and his wife were just shell shocked at that point by the garbage unleashed by the Dems on the judiciary committee.

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
He never even signed it, and he said that he "had no memory of the incident", not that it didn't happen

You should really stop listening to people here on CD and do some of your own research....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You mean this letter - signed by Mark Judge and dated September 27, which is two days ago? Sent to both Grassley and Feinstein?
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...19402047885312

This letter, here that he did not sign?

Old 09-29-2018, 08:31 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Point of fact. I think since this was brought up by the Democrats, Judge sent over an additional letter saying the same things but he signed this one and added he was doing so under the penalty of felony. The letter was posted upthread but you could google and find it quite easily. Grassley read it yesterday and even noted it was signed.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:31 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You're not answering my question. You're deflecting. Many of you said that she has been coached and this is all some Democrat conspiracy. I ask you, show us the proof. You said she has been undoubtedly coached. Show us. Or do you disbelieve every woman who says they have been abused because they are Democrats? Or because it happened a long time ago? Or it's not on tape? And as I mentioned, it makes no sense for this to make it up because Trump will just appoint another conservative justice.
What don't you get about the fact that Kavanaugh has said that he did not do what Professor Ford has accused him of?

She has only proved to be very confused and very non credible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies