Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:31 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Apparently the people on the right are ignoring the fact that if women don’t actually go to the police and accuse him, it DOESNT GO ON HIS RECORD, so you can do a thousand background checks, no accusations will come up.

Apparently no one remembers when he was part of the crusade that did this to Bill Clinton.
...and the people on the left are ignoring the fact that....other than her own witnesses not backing her up...it's just her word against his

Old 09-29-2018, 09:32 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Apparently the people on the right are ignoring the fact that if women don’t actually go to the police and accuse him, it DOESNT GO ON HIS RECORD, so you can do a thousand background checks, no accusations will come up.

Apparently no one remembers when he was part of the crusade that did this to Bill Clinton.
No Kidding. Kavanaugh was central to the GOP attempt to expose Clinton's sexual activities. I guess Kavanaugh is right: "What goes around comes around."

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
They investigated your pre-18 life when you ran for public office?
Stop being intentionally ignorant. When I had my background investigation for my job in Intel in the service. TS/SCI - same extensive type of background investigation Kavanugh had to go through with his six prior investigations.

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Her parents are not divorced.

Her husband stated that she didn't get the "attention and respect" she felt she deserved when she was a child. I have no idea what that means.
So, she did possibly have 'Daddy Issues'. And, maybe, to get 'attention and respect', she partied with high-school boys, that would.

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm a woman and I am FULL of rage because of what the left has done here.

Do you KNOW how hard it is to get the same respect as men, especially in a male dominated environment? Do you KNOW how this incident and how the Democrats have treated it has been received?
It is COMPLETELY setting women back. Not some movement those activists are happy to join because let's be honest, they don't get a rat's ass about women who are out there working everyday and trying to make a living, many times in male dominated environments. You are supporting people who have damaged women by perpetuating this sham. You are saying to men, hey be very scared of women - avoid them, don't hire them, don't work with them - because if you're ever accused of ANYTHING to do with a woman, she won't need to prove crap but you'll have to prove your innocence.

IF you support women and I HIGHLY doubt it, you are doing us a HUGE disservice. You're damaging our ability to work in this world and continue to be trusted, respected, and employed. YOU are supporting people who have no qualms about the damage they are doing.

I have rights, I was born with them, everyone was. But you're ensuring that my hard work and the hard work of thousands of other women is completely worthless by what you're perpetuating here. It's shameful and you, the Democrats, and anyone else who supports this farce deserve all the vitriol you're getting. Have you no shame?
deleted

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Honestly, TDS makes leftists scary. Reminds me of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_5X59_DA
lol...good grief.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The Dem Senators behavior is what's appalling for many many reasons.

He was right to call them out on their shameful behavior.

His anger was justified as well as his expression of it.

Like I said, the stench of this will be clinging to Democrats for many years to come.
What shameful behavior? In what ways did the Democrats' interrogation differ from past nominee interrogations? Can you elaborate? No, you cannot. You can only follow your blind partisan emotion.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's 2019 and Kavanaugh asks his first question as a Supreme Court justice:

"I LIKE BEER! DO YOU LIKE BEER?"
Whisky's too rough, champagne costs too much, and vodka puts my mouth in gear...

Old 09-29-2018, 09:34 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Again, they don't focus on high school friends.

You have obviously never filled out the 129ish page SF86 form...yet here you continue to lie about it...

You have obviously never been though this before....They do ask you're high school friends because you have to give them their names, then when they talk to them, they ask them about any other friends....

Stop lying about something you know nothing about....

Old 09-29-2018, 09:34 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
No Kidding. Kavanaugh was central to the GOP attempt to expose Clinton's sexual activities. I guess Kavanaugh is right: "What goes around comes around."

HA! Now you are following.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies