Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:54 AM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times

Advertisements

Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris are classic examples of the hatred, intolerance, and lies that the Democratic Party continue to use in their transparent attempts to brainwash more people.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:55 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Is Senator Jeff Flake really interested in fairness, or is he hoping to kill Kavanaugh’s nomination to spite Trump?
I think Flake is weak and fell for the line, it's only a week, what could it hurt from his old buddy Coons. I wonder if he feels foolish now because he was obviously conned by the Democrats. They have zero, and I mean zero, interest in the truth. They only care about delaying this nomination and hoping they can delay it to the midterms.

Mark my words, they'll start saying a week isn't enough or we need more information or any such excuse. But they won't say is okay, we have all of the information, let's vote.

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Would love to find one of her lectures online to hear her normal voice but unfortunately, they have all been scrubbed prior to the bombshell dropping. Notice how every Trump hater believes this woman despite absolutely no corroborating evidence or even details about this incident.

I can only hope these Trump haters (because basically that's what this is about) aren't male or have a male loved one be faced with a similar experience. It's impossible to prove innocence when you aren't even informed of details you can prove false. Whatever happened to presumption of innocence???
Whatever happened to presumption of innocence? That is funny coming from folks that crucified the alleged victim before she even testified. Trump hater? Who the **** in their right mind with even an ounce of self-respect and dignity could support a guy that would have robbed them blind at his bogus university or ripped them off if they were contractors or peeked in on their daughters in the dressing room of a teen pageant. That is the question!

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I need conclusive proof to believe that Kavanaugh assaulted her. As for possible sexual assaults in her past, I feel OK about taking her word for it - she's clearly emotionally fragile for some reason and as a survivor of sexual assault and rape during my teen years, I am actually pretty empathetic to those sorts of claims from other women. This doesn't mean I support criminal charges or accusations against others in the absence of evidence. Just to be clear.
Well said, AGAIN. Amazing how so many on this thread (a surprising # of them female) dismiss this when so many of us have had similar experiences. Allegations believed & decided by these pop-up social media "juries", before proof is even an absolute, are a major setback for women's rights everywhere.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:56 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
In case "getting a point" is difficult for you
Spare me your sarcasm and belittlement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Whatever happened to presumption of innocence? That is funny coming from folks that crucified the alleged victim before she even testified. Trump hater? Who the **** in their right mind with even an ounce of self-respect and dignity could support a guy that would have robbed them blind at his bogus university or ripped them off if they were contractors or peeked in on their daughters in the dressing room of a teen pageant. That is the question!
Did you ever, at any time, think of Kavanaugh as innocent of this charge?

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
She will be the darling of the Dems, CNN, MSNBC, NPR et al — probably will be a speaker at the next DNC convention.
Hollywood is writing her script as we post.
She can retire early on her new speaking fees.
I’m sure the two other Kavanuagh accusers hope they make out as well......

"Hollywood is writing her script as we post."

Produced by Weinstien probably!

With weiner playing Kavanaugh.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:57 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Nancy Pelosi and Kamala Harris are classic examples of the hatred, intolerance, and lies that the Democratic Party continue to use in their transparent attempts to brainwash more people.

And, Diane Feinstein and her staff are in deep doo doo.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Well said, AGAIN. Amazing how so many on this thread (a surprising # of them female) dismiss this when so many of us have had similar experiences. Allegations believed & decided by these pop-up social media "juries", before proof is even an absolute, are a major setback for women's rights everywhere.
Here, here!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:58 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
SMH.

I'm glad the women in my family are who they are. Some of them (even each other's only sisters) vehemently disagree politically and socially, but they still love each other and are very supportive of each other. They don't let their differences define their lives.
Bingo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies