Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 12:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times

Advertisements

Didn't vote, couldn't care less. This whole s**t pile just tells me how disgusting my country has become.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:10 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The whole thing disgusts me - every shred of it. Shades of Bill Clinton and having to navigate all that drama while living in Europe - the Europeans were very entertained by all that. I just hate for our country to stoop to this ugly level.

Why can't people just BEHAVE? Sheeze. I expect better behavior from well educated professionals. And don't even get me started on our elected officials.

Hey, maybe I AM naive after all!
Prisons are full of people now, many have been in and released, adults complain about kids a lot, but many adults do not really behave either.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:11 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,002,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Here's another hint:

During their confirmation hearings they didn't blubber their way through long, rambling rants about Republicans having it in for them.

They did announce repeatedly that they like beer.

They didn't get belligerent with Senators.

They didn't lie.
Yea, but we didn't get to see the remarks in their high-school yearbooks or viciously interrogate them regarding their sex lives when they were 17!

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You're not getting it: Before, it was just a letter sent from Judge's lawyer, but we are now dealing with an FBI investigation. Judge knows full well that if the FBI uncover evidence that he was, in fact, in that room, if he lies to them about it, he's toast.

Really? What evidence can the FBI uncover? Fingerprints in the room? First they have to find the room. Nobody knows where it is, and after 36 years, if they do find it, there will be no prints or any other physical evidence. There were supposedly three people in that room, and two of them say they weren't there.

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If that was not her actual voice, we’d know by now.

And she was 15. He was 17. Maybe she went because other teens were there.

Way to victim blame, though.
At this point we don't know who the victim is or if there is a victim at all. At this movement we have an accuser and someone being accused, nothing more.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:12 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Yea, but we didn't get to see the remarks in their high-school yearbooks or viciously interrogate them regarding their sex lives when their were 17!
Because no alleged victim came forward.

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Perspective I guess. I applauded how he was in the hearing. I thought it was so real, so heartfelt, and I actually felt his frustration and anguish. He appeared like a real human being who had been falsely accused and now had to sit and be denigrated by the national media for two weeks. Frankly, he was more composed than I ever would have been. To me, he came across 100% as someone who was wrongly accused.
I already said earlier, but I was surprised about his break down, expected a bit more composure, but it was real, not coached nor choreographed.

Ford on the other hand, I thought the entire thing was coached and choreographed, way to constant, steady, lack of fluctuating emotion.

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Yea, but we didn't get to see the remarks in their high-school yearbooks or viciously interrogate them regarding their sex lives when their were 17!
Yeah, remind again of when we saw Kagan, Sotomayor's, or RBG's yearbook blown up and used as "evidence" in their hearings. I must have missed that part.

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
See, I do not think there is enough evidence to convict him in court, but he also cannot prove she is wrong.

She has every right to tell her side of the story.

What bothers me most about him in this situation is not whether or not she’s telling the truth.

It is his behavior during the hearing.
So you aren't concerned whether she is telling the truth or not????

Instead, you are more concerned about his behavior? ANYONE falsely accused is going to be upset, indignant, frustrated, and angry. When he was composed and calmly denying the allegations during his interview, the left painted him as robotic and ineffective. So please clarify what response would you consider acceptable?

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Perspective I guess. I applauded how he was in the hearing. I thought it was so real, so heartfelt, and I actually felt his frustration and anguish. He appeared like a real human being who had been falsely accused and now had to sit and be denigrated by the national media for two weeks. Frankly, he was more composed than I ever would have been. To me, he came across 100% as someone who was wrongly accused.
Do you think people who are wrongly accused cannot also be polite and considerate of the committee proceedings while refuting the testimony of an accuser?

Ever been in court and seen a person flip out like that and not be held in contempt?

He’s a JUDGE. Do you think he would tolerate someone speaking to him the way he spoke to some of the people who asked him questions?

I don’t. I think they’d be fined for contempt and treated as hostile witnesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies