Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 03:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,797,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, so in your view, attempted rape is "meaningless" and just a "normal thing that teens go through"? How many times did it happen to you or did you do that to someone else when you were a teen?

The way you people trivialize attempted rape is disgusting.
Many here have trivialized it. I also read 54% of GOP voters believe even if it is proven that BK attempted to rape Dr. Ford that this should not stop him from accepting a seat on SCOTUS.

The pollster also noted 75% of GOP thought Al Frankin of Minnesota should leave office based solely on the accusation made against him and that he be put in jail.

So if the guy is supports the GOP...and proven attacker...keep him and give him a life long job.

If the guy is a Dem..and only accused...put him in jail.

Last edited by pbmaise; 09-29-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 03:44 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sadly the right currently loves this red meat and conspiracy theory talk. I don't agree and think it is asinine but who am I?

Here is the thing, these don't cloud a judgement. Kavanaugh's response forces him to either A step out of cases due to his known bias or opens an out for rulings.

Yep that is Kavanaugh.

Exactly. I don't understand how that isn't an issue here besides partisan views. I wouldn't want a liberal justice who said conservatives are against them either. Imagine that.

Can a ruling be canceled if a conflict of interest isn't addressed prior to the hearing?
One must wonder just how Kavanaugh didn't realize what he was stepping in when he reacted that way and said those things. Does he just not care because he came in via the elitist privileged pipeline that somehow entitled him to the seat?

Old 09-29-2018, 03:44 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't see any lie in there. He said 'the seniors were legal'. Never said I was legal.
He lied, the drinking age in Maryland was 21 when he was a senior. He's bobbing and weaving and lying.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:46 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't see any lie in there. He said 'the seniors were legal'. Never said I was legal. If you are saying he had a beer when he was 17 and that makes him a rapist, I disagree.
He's not actually accused of rape. But he deliberately tried to mislead the committee with his statement then. It amazes me how far some folks will go to defend this man. Was the drinking age 18 when he was drinking as a senior in high school? Nope. You'd think a legal scholar would know that

Old 09-29-2018, 03:46 PM

21,906 posts, read 9,480,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Many here have trivialized it. I also read 75% of GOP voters believe even if it is proven that BK attempted to rape Dr. Ford that this should not stop him from accepting a seat on SCOTUS.

The pollster also noted 75% of GOP thought Al Frankin of Minnesota should leave office based solely on the accusation made against him .
Um, there were pictures.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
He's not actually accused of rape. But he deliberately tried to mislead the committee with his statement then. It amazes me how far some folks will go to defend this man. Was the drinking age 18 when he was drinking in high school? Nope. You'd think a legal scholar would know that
Kavanaugh's record of misleading statements gives Jeff Flake's FBI inquiry many targets
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/1455205002/

Old 09-29-2018, 03:52 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Wow, so in your view, attempted rape is "meaningless" and just a "normal thing that teens go through"? How many times did it happen to you or did you do that to someone else when you were a teen?

The way you people trivialize attempted rape is disgusting.
Get real...….do you really think that if TWO males wanted to rape one woman they would not have been able to do so. There was no attempted rape.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:55 PM

18,425 posts, read 8,256,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
No one said she's nuts not anyone there at least - they claim not to remember or are ducking direct testimony -.
semantics.......Ford said Keyser knew Kavanaugh......Keyser said she didn't even know Kavanaugh

Then, even though Keyser caught Ford lying and had to correct it in her sworn statement..went on to say she believed Ford...which will go down as the most loaded BS in history..you don't believe someone you just had to correct their lie

Old 09-29-2018, 03:55 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Many here have trivialized it. I also read 75% of GOP voters believe even if it is proven that BK attempted to rape Dr. Ford that this should not stop him from accepting a seat on SCOTUS.

The pollster also noted 75% of GOP thought Al Frankin of Minnesota should leave office based solely on the accusation made against him and that he be put in jail.

So if the guy is supports the GOP...and proven attacker...keep him and give him a life long job.

If the guy is a Dem..and only accused...put him in jail.
Linky??

Frankin, lol, dumb picture and that's all it was .. he martyred himself over it.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:56 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
I have also heard that heavy drinkers who start early - in their teens -

do not mature... their mindframe is that of a teenager.No kidding.
Ah, someone that talks my language. Correct. It is a form of Arrested Development...
which is usually at the age of a pretty darn big trauma...but, yes...it
includes heavy drinking at an early age; An emotional stunting, yes.

Now, why Brett felt he needed to act out with drinking? I know what my issues were! Oh brother.
Or darn it, is it that Irish heritage .... they are known to love to drink...this is not me
saying it...google it.
Don't attack the messenger ...I feel for the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies