Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:27 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,541,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Why cant we see Ford's yearbook?
Probably because Ford is not applying to be a Supreme Court Justice.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:27 PM

16,757 posts, read 8,155,027 times
I understand a lot of people will be asked questions. In fact those who are being questioned are talking about it to the media.

Kavanagh is lying about his past. You have to wonder what else he is lying about.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:28 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,358,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I have no reason to assume, without the facts before me, that she wasn't attacked. Most people, on both sides of the aisle, don't question that. And it's always the woman who is never believed, never the man.
Do you not see the problem here? Do you really want to live in a world, where we abandon our due process system and the burden of proof is on the accused in these cases? Should it only apply to cases where someone is accused of sexual assault?

Should we also apply it to other accusations? Let's say, someone accuses you of theft, but there are no witnesses and there is zero proof, should you be hauled in and should the accuser be believed?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:29 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,791,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Because, I remember both incidents clearly and I remember that Democrats, not only the politicians, but most of the rank and file behaved as if those incidents didn't matter. If you were outraged, great, I am glad you were. I was a liberal Democrat back then btw, and I know exactly how most of my fellow Democrats felt about it. They were more than willing to just pretend the incidents didn't happen.
As did Republicans with the conservative Republicans who got caught waving their Johnsons in bathrooms like they were George Michaels. There were quite a few of these a decade ago. Then you also had that Florida Republican who was Weiner before Weiner... To act like Democrats are the only ones to have sex scandals that are either swept under the rug or ends their political careers is partisan/

Old 09-29-2018, 09:30 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,862,050 times
Quote:
Probably because Ford is not applying to be a Supreme Court Justice.
Maybe, but why hasn't it been seen? In todays day and age, one can find practically anything on the internet.

Hmmn, couldn't be that there may be information there that would damage Ford's credibility, could there be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
As did Republicans with the conservative Republicans who got caught waving their Johnsons in bathrooms like they were George Michaels. There were quite a few of these a decade ago. Then you also had that Florida Republican who was Weiner before Weiner... To act like Democrats are the only ones to have sex scandals that are either swept under the rug or ends their political careers is partisan/
Links?

2,083 posts, read 1,079,277 times
Quote:
Yeah, "good for America": like opening up national parks to foreign extraction and logging companies. Teddy Roosevelt is turning in his grave. If you actually loved America--the actual America, its wild lands and rivers and lakes and wildlife--you would be outraged by Trump's betrayal of it. But none of Trump's followers can ever criticize him. Ever. They are willing to give up to foreigners their very country if Trump says it's okay. Appalling.

As for your mockery of Feinstein and Ford, the ramblings about ICE, and anti-gun and anti-military: those are just right-wing talking points that you are obediently parroting. Because it's clear as day that you have no idea what you're talking about, in terms of reality.
Bet you’re a real joy at a dinner party. You’ve posted about a 1000 times and are constantly on a personal attack. I think perhaps you’ve had too much reality. Give it a rest.

16,757 posts, read 8,155,027 times
Quote:
Do you not see the problem here? Do you really want to live in a world, where we abandon our due process system and the burden of proof is on the accused in these cases? Should it only apply to cases where someone is accused of sexual assault?

Should we also apply it to other accusations? Let's say, someone accuses you of theft, but there are no witnesses and there is zero proof, should you be hauled in and should the accuser be believed?
The problem comes to who you believe.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:31 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,862,050 times
Quote:

'
Yes, that is exactly the world the left wants to live in. But, one caveat, that only applies to people who don't believe what they do.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The problem comes to who you believe.
That isn't how our system works. If someone accuses you of harassment, without any proof, do you think they should be believed? There must be evidence, whether physical or witness accounts.

Do we really want to open this Pandora's Box?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies