Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Everyone is welcome to their opinions, but are your husband, your dad, your brothers being nominated to be on the Supreme Court for the next 40 years?

If not, how is it relevant?
My best friend's husband is a professor. My dad was a business owner. My brother is the president of the local union. My husband is an executive. But regardless of their positions in life, such allegations could ruin their careers, destroy their families, etc ESPECIALLY if they were treated with as much deference as has been given a woman who frankly has presented absolutely zero evidence or witnesses other than her own recollection.

That's how it's relevant.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:33 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You must hang with some real losers.

So, no answer and you admit you are lying........I would not expect anything other from you....I was in the Army for 21 years...entered in 1988....people change...

Not me, but a lot of friends did drink till they were passed out and we had to get them home, we woke them up. Many have went on to become pilots, CW5's, LTCs, and CSM....

But by your own words that should not be able to happen, cause once a drunk always a drunk...

You should get out of your leftist bubble and enter the real world.

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Not without a shred of evidence he wouldn't, which is where we are now.
No we are not there now. The FBI investigation is ongoing.

Last edited by jojajn; 09-30-2018 at 08:48 AM..

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
HE HAS BEEN INVESTIGATED ALREADY NUMEROUS TIMES. Including leading up to this point.
And yes, I know this is not a court of law - that was exactly my point. Did you miss it?
There is no reason why this incident, or his drinking behavior would have come up under any one of those investigations.

Quote:
Judge Kavanaugh cites six separate FBI background checks as a reason to doubt Dr. Ford's allegations. But, according to veterans of the background check process, the FBI typically does not investigate matters that happened before a nominee is 18 years of age — even nominees for the Supreme Court. Also, the FBI background check process is largely based off a form called the SF-86 — which a nominee him or herself fills out. Allegations such as the ones raised by Dr. Ford would not necessarily have been uncovered in such an investigation. https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kav...ard/1538076603

Old 09-30-2018, 08:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
He has not been investigated for this allegation.
Generally speaking, most serious investigations do require some sort of evidence to be presented before time and dollars are spent on an investigation.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What "job interview" requires one to be sworn in and have a legal penalty (Felony) for lying? Job interview my arse, you're just trying to justify the high tech lynching the ideologues on the left were doing.

Y'all would've bitc#ed and moaned about how wooden and uncaring he was and therefore lying had he not gotten angry or shown any emotion, y'all bitc# and moan that he did show NATURAL emotion of someone who's been accused and CONVICTED (by some) of a heinous crime that not only carries a prison term but destroys anyone connected to the accused.

Y'all are just pissed that your hit job may not work and doing your level best to push it,shove it,force it to work.

Y'all know who you are.

P.S. I would never hire ANYONE who after these hearings believes that Kavanaugh is guilty as you obviously have fairness,common sense,critical thinking issues and can only operate on straight political line hive thinking...
I know a good friend of mine had to take a lie detector test for a very low level job at the FBI.

I recommend that for Kavanaugh.

Emotions or not - Kav is currently a SITTING JUDGE. He should behave like one. He didn't.

LOL. Can you IMAGINE what you would be saying if Ford came in and screamed and cried and was belligerent to the 'female assistant' who served as the human shield for Grassley the like?

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It didn't occur recently (and frankly, there's been no compelling evidence presented that it EVER occurred). We are talking about two teenagers drinking at an unchaperoned get together. Where there were four guys and two girls supposedly. Where one girl apparently left another girl, her best friend, alone with drunk boys.

You'd think that they'd killed someone and chopped up the body or something the way people are acting.
I don't know about you but I have more self-respect than to consider what allegedly happened to Ford okay because kids will be kids. If my sons behaved like that, I would have ripped them a new one!

BTW, I believe there is no statute of limitations for sexual assault in Maryland.

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
He has not been investigated for this allegation.

You've obviously never had an SF86 investigation....

They talk to you high school friends, why you ask? Because in that 129ish page investigation form, you have to give them their names.....so nobody said anything at least 6 times....

But all good, you don't care, you just hate him....

I'd hate to have you as anything medical with me....

Old 09-30-2018, 08:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Judge has already said he's fully complying with the FBI investigation, and I very much doubt he's going to say he and Kavanaugh were in that room.
There's so much wishful thinking and falsehoods by the left here, it's almost funny.
Here's what people have got to keep in mind when talking about the FBI going out and interviewing these people.
They've ALL signed a document that IF they've lied will cause them to be charged with a FELONY. This is critical to remember and get through your heads.

So, the FBI goes and talks to 'em and if they say anything different than what they've already testified to (yes, those sworn statements are as good as court testimony) then off to jail they go to be booked on a process crime just like General Flynn. All they have to say is "I stand by my statement", he wasn't there or, just read their statement back to the investigators. Of COURSE there'll be lawyers present as they'd be real,real stupid to not have one in between them and the FBI.

So what y'all think will come out of this "investigation"(other than a delay) is confusing...

Old 09-30-2018, 08:38 AM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad911 View Post
Why is Trump so fond of this choice?
because the process is making a mockery out of the democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies