Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:12 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
aclu claims to be non partisan, comes out against kavanaugh. Anyone suprised?
I know, I’m so disgusted with what the ACLU has become.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
i'm sorry - but if the reports that Ford slept with 40 men prior to college are true - why are we even here? if this happened at 15 -- and was traumatized as she says she was - wouldn't that make her not want to be around boys/men alone? the opposite occurred - she sought out sex and freely put herself in compromising situations on an proactive basis. something does not compute.
Where did you hear those reports? I don’t think I believe that. Who cares anyway? She could have slept with a hundred men after she was 15 and I wouldn’t care less, because it has nothing to do with this accusation that I happen to think is just an accusation.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:16 AM

10,031 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe she went to warn the other girls there.
LOL.... that’s plain ridiculous.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:18 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68
Where did you hear those reports? I don’t think I believe that. Who cares anyway? She could have slept with a hundred men after she was 15 and I wouldn’t care less, because it has nothing to do with this accusation that I happen to think is just an accusation.
That claim is from InfoWars, who showed a very blurry screenshot of a supposed Tweet where the tweeter's name is too blurry to read.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:20 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

Accusation? You mean, she willingly went upstairs and fooled around with some drunken kids? If she's sleeping around that would change the entire story. The left tried to assassin BK's character due to his 'excessive drinking'. Why would her 'sleeping around' character not be relevant as well?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Accusation? You mean, she willingly went upstairs and fooled around with some drunken kids? If she's sleeping around that would change the entire story. The left tried to assassin BK's character due to his 'excessive drinking'. Why would her 'sleeping around' character not be relevant as well?
Because it doesn’t matter. What matters is if her claim is believable, and I don’t think it is.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:24 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
Sorry - 54 men not 40. And it does matter for the reasons I previously stated.

BOMBSHELL: Blasey-Ford's HS Yearbooks Brag of Drunken Promiscuity, '54 Sex Partners Before College' - The Shad Olson Show

Old 09-30-2018, 09:27 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except Trump nominated Kavanaugh, and I imagine members of the Bush family are still pi***d re how Trump acted towards Jeb during the campaign.

Additionally, the Bushes are blue bloods, whereas the Obamas and Clintons.....while both related to the Bushes by blood...really aren't. They aren't 'to the manner born'. The Bushes have a more patrician way of looking at things (not saying that any of that about the Bushes is good or bad....it just is).
^^^^^ Hellion....when I replied to you above, I was forgetting something that I already knew that would actually prompt me to agree with you....namely, that Kavanaugh's wife was one of GWB's assistants when he was Governor of Texas, and was GWB's personal secretary when he was POTUS.

I was watching a video on You Tube that was fed in on he sidebar from another video I had previously watched. That last clip was posted from Maria Bartiromo's show on Fox Business. Rove was complementing Mrs. Kavanaugh and, unrelated to anything Rove said specifically (at least up to that point in the video) I remembered her role at the White House.

That video is about what you were wondering about. Apparently GWB has been calling the 'swing Senators' trying to bolster support for Kavanaugh. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbY5IAoVPz0

Old 09-30-2018, 09:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that it is okay to throw a 15 year old girl, or any woman for the matter, down on a bed and attempt to rape her because "all parties were drinking," and "no physical injuries" came of it is repulsive.

If someone accused my husband or our sons of doing such a thing, everyone would just laugh. Yes, they all like their beer, but drunk or sober, they don't behave liked belligerent, entitled men.

Nor would any of them carry on either in public or in private about conspiracies and how certain people (other than me, of course ) are out to get them.

Nor would they sniffle and carry on like crybabies during a job interview.

And I can tell you for a fact that they wouldn't lie under oath.

If you are such a man, or married to such a man, or have raised such sons, you may want to reevaluate what being a man is all about.
Of course it's not "okay". <bold> NOBODY is saying it is.

Who exactly has done that, you should turn them in right away! As of now there's NO EVIDENCE that Kavanaugh has done any of that unless or course YOU have something in your back pocket or some psychic ability that nobody else has?

Here's your problem that needs immediate intervention/attention. You and some others equate an unproven 35 year old ACCUSATION with NO evidence to absolute guilt. PROVE IT, in other words put up or shut up.
Of course y'all will do neither as that's the modus operandi of the "new left", accuse,smear,scream, threaten,rampage and if that doesn't work then riot,loot and burn to get your way.

You and others apparently are doing this strictly for political reasons and that is even more disgusting and vile, all the rest of us can hope is that the same accusations and treatment happens to y'all one day...

Old 09-30-2018, 09:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Lindsay Graham has stated that his mind is made up. Even if the FBI finds evidence that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted one or more women, he intends to vote for him anyway.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/min...exual-assault/

Every woman in America needs to take note. The Republican Party is now the Trump Party, where women are second class citizens.

Kiss those suburban soccer mom votes goodbye, GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies