Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yawn, being hearing this "year of the woman" for decades now.
I guess you missed the millions of women who took to the streets following the ***** grabber's inauguration. I guess you slept through the Me Too movement, and the millions of women who have come forward with their experiences, some of which took down some very powerful men.

But that's okay, keep sleeping. We'll wake you when it's over.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:43 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Great point.

Now I may be somewhat obtuse this lazy Sunday afternoon, but please expound on "One specific faction is causing the devolution of society here in the US"
I can't. I did so in an earlier post and it was deleted for "trolling."

Old 09-30-2018, 12:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Don't you know, every little girl dreams of being a victim. They get crowns and everything!

It's sad when women attack other women, but Trump has definitely been good overall for the women's movement. We're seeing the last gasp of misogyny here. The world is going to look different going forward. And that's a good thing.
The world is laughing its rear off over the silly Americans using the FBI to investigate teenagers yearbooks.

I better not ever hear another Dem complain that Trump is making us a laughingstock.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:44 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Don't you know, every little girl dreams of being a victim. They get crowns and everything!

It's sad when women attack other women, but Trump has definitely been good overall for the women's movement. We're seeing the last gasp of misogyny here. The world is going to look different going forward. And that's a good thing.
Yes, as a woman, I really need someone telling me how I should behave and how I should think like you’re trying to do. Yeah, I’m harsh on women and others who use gender as an excuse to say they cannot be held to the same standards as everyone else. I’m harsh on women and anyone else who insist women are somehow too frail and too weak to be able to withstand the same questions anyone else would if they make an accusation. Apparently, that makes me, a woman, a misogynist. Well, now I’ve heard it all.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:45 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:

It's sad when women attack other women
Is it sad when men attack other men? If we are going to be equal, let's be truly equal.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:45 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's zero evidence whatsoever that such ever happened to Ford. Period.
Except that she said so. Pretty hard to send out the secret police to keep her quiet. Sure, assess credibility ... don't give her air time (if media) ... allow her to testify (if the Senate) ... and totally ignore and/or disbelieve her.

But Ford does exist. In some places, that would not be allowed.

That she does and that she said what she did with a certain level of credibility is the crux of the problem.

I get that words have the power to hurt but her inability to say them might be far worse.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:46 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The left are now getting their ducks in order for a different attack on Kavanaugh because they have a pretty good idea the FBI will once again give him a clean record.
These will be the next attacks when the FBI investigation fails:

-The FBI investigation was a sham and doesn't prove he didn't do it
-Kavanaugh is an emotional mess and unfit to sit on the Court
-Kavanaugh is still a drunk
-Kavanaugh is too biased to be on the Court
Not only this but he should be removed from his current position according to Pulosi.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:46 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I’m also betting that lots of Washington elites are hiding their yearbooks right about now.
Christ, my husband dug up our boys’ yearbooks to see what potenial landmines were in there. Appearently, neither of them will ever be able to hold public office. My husband says he never thought he would be glad that his school never had them.

Old 09-30-2018, 12:47 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Democrats tried to get Maryland Police to investigate charges - police refused. Letter in following link (have to open PDF.)

- statute of limitations expired.
- charges would have been misdemeanors back then.

PDF: Police and State

Old 09-30-2018, 12:48 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Don't you know that anyone who ever signed a yearbook or went to a party with either Ford or Kavanaugh is wishing they'd never even heard these names?

I do feel pretty sorry for Renate, whoever she is.
LOL

She lives in the same small town my sister lives in. I cant wait to find out if she knows her.

I imagine there are lots of people looking for ways to avoid the FBI this week. I know I would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies