Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 10:15 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,399,553 times

Advertisements

If I’m being totally honest based on what I’ve seen thus far, the allegations seem questionable. But I’m perfectly fine with the strategic use of it because we all know the ‘pubs intend to cram this guy through the confirmation process before the November elections at any cost.

Had this process been handled with normalcy, transparency and less urgency, I don’t believe Feinstein would’ve brought this to the forefront at the 11th hour in the way that she did. I think this was a Hail Mary tactic, but I approve.

Turnabout is fair play LOL

Old 09-16-2018, 10:17 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,093,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
If I’m being totally honest based on what I’ve seen thus far, the allegations seem questionable. But I’m perfectly fine with the strategic use of it because we all know the ‘pubs intend to cram this guy through the confirmation process before the November elections at any cost.

Had this process been handled with normalcy, transparency and less urgency, I don’t believe Feinstein would’ve brought this to the forefront at the 11th hour in the way that she did. I think this was a Hail Mary tactic, but I approve.

Turnabout is fair play LOL
uh, Kavanaugh was known to be the nominee since July. There is no reason why Feinstein didn't alert everyone right away.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:23 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,399,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
uh, Kavanaugh was known to be the nominee since July. There is no reason why Feinstein didn't alert everyone right away.
Feinstein kept it in her back pocket in the event that things began to unfold in the way that they absolutely are. Sure it’s diabolical and self serving, but she learned from the best.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
If he is not confirmed before the Nov. election, Republicans will use the SCOTUS as a voting issue. As well they should.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:28 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Ford admits that she doesn't remember where the (alleged) assault took place.
Ford admits that she doesn't remember what year the (alleged) assault took place.
Ford admits that she doesn't remember how she got home that night.

Are you bleeping kidding me..?!?!? She doesn't know where or when the (alleged) incident took place, but we're all supposed to just drop everything over this? How the heck do you investigate it when a women says "about 35 years ago, give or take a couple years, he pinned me and held me down, but I don't remember where this happened, how I got there, or how I left."
I gather you are an expert on defending men accused of rape. I am sure you can also add she doesn't recall what she ate for breakfast.

According to the Post, she has now provided a detailed account, taken a polygraph test, and produced copies of a therapist’s notes from 2012.

Sure doesn't sound to me like she just invented all this yesterday.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
If Kavanaugh had only driven his car into a pond and callously abandoned the scene, as a true sociopath, leaving his female passenger to drown to death, he could have qualified to be a U.S. Senator and eventual "Lion of the Senate," according to malleable, capricious and hypocritical Dumb-o-crat standards of morality, which are entirely predicated upon weighing a person's political leanings and Party affiliation.

the accuser tells her therapist back in 2012 that it was 4 attackers........now she says the therapist made a mistake on her notes and that it was 2,,,,,but she is only accusing one......which is it?

Then she tells her husband back in 2012 that she is afraid that Kanavaugh might make it to the Supreme Court....when Kanavaugh's name was never mention by Obama or anybody for the SC.

WTF??????
So where did you hear all this incorrect info? Faux News? Link, please...

Old 09-16-2018, 10:57 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
So where did you hear all this incorrect info? Faux News? Link, please...

Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.5c962f8b0fa6

Quote:
Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.

so she told her therapist in 2012 it was 4 boys......then she says the Therapist made a mistake, it was 2 boys.....then it was 1 boy that attacked her...........so a party of 4 boys in a house ?......no girls in the party except her? and she didn't even attend the high school that the boys belonged to.

so many inconsistencies.

Old 09-16-2018, 10:57 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,262 times
Preet Bharara Retweeted
Matthew Dowd
Matthew Dowd
@matthewjdowd
·
4h
Let us remember
@SenatorCollins
and
@lisamurkowski
insisted Sen.
@alfranken
resign due to reports of sexual harassment. The very least they should do is ask for postponement of vote until accusations are heard publicly by senate

Old 09-16-2018, 10:58 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
If he is not confirmed before the Nov. election, Republicans will use the SCOTUS as a voting issue. As well they should.
They could already have delayed the vote and done just that, but it's clear that they know how unpopular Kavanaugh is and that using him to get votes in November would not be a great idea.

Quote:
Only 41 percent of respondents to a Gallup poll, published on Tuesday, said that they supported Kavanaugh’s nomination, while 37 percent opposed it. The four-point spread between those who support and those who oppose his nomination make him less popular than anyone since Robert Bork was nominated in 1987.
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...ick-in-decades

Old 09-16-2018, 10:59 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.5c962f8b0fa6
so she told her therapist in 2012 it was 4 boys......then she says the Therapist made a mistake, it was 2 boys.....then it was 1 boy that attacked her...........so a party of 4 boys in a house ?......no girls in the party except her?
so many inconsistencies.
Then why are you so worried, if it's a big nothingburger let her be interviewed by the Senate and then we can move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies