Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Heard where?

Holding the claim for weeks, finally releasing it right before the vote and now not having time to dig up supporting evidence (but innuendo that it's real) smacks of fraud.
1. Not having time to dig up evidence: Wasn't that the motivation for R's releasing his records so late?
2. "but innuendo that it's real smacks of fraud": You could be talking about Trump on ANY given day.

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times
Once again, Democrat false outrage is on display.

Anyone remember Sen. Robert Byrd? He is still the longest serving Sen. in history. He was Sen. Majority Leader, along with most other high ranking Sen positions. He has statues, memorials, and when he died, every Democrat of national rank was there to pay respects. His memory is revered by Democrats.

Oh, BTW, in 1942, in his early 20’s, he recruited about 150 friends to form a new KKK chapter, after which he was unanimously elected Exalted Cyclops. He served until 1952, when he decided to run for state office.

Democrats have long excused his history, saying he was young and regrets his decisions.

They embraced this man, have lionized him and completely disregard his past, which is a matter of record.

They stand ready to crucify a man of impeccable reputation, based on a decades old, unsubstantiated accusation, by one person with an incomplete memory of the alleged event.

This is why the systemic hypocrisy of the left is like an infection that needs to be eradicated.

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Have you heard of innocent until proven guilty? She will be heard and we will see what she says. The evidence is the other man in question denies it.

Do you have proof that he did it? This would not stick in a court of law and it should not stick in this case.
There will be no such thing as proof either way, this is not a trial, this is not a court of law.
At the end of the day you will have her word against his and her counseling on the record in 2012.

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the simple fact is, if you are a republican and you are somehow connected to national politics (and ever more increasingly local/state) you WILL be accused of sexual assault and/or sexual harassment.

This is the reason why the #metoo movement has been nearly exclusively about liberal men. Every republican has already been accused and only the squeaky clean survive on that side of the ledger.

my only shock in this coming out is how late in the game it took to get it to come out. Kavanagh had to be accused of sexual assault. Its utterly required that a conservative be accused.
Not true....I'm thinking of Al Franken. Maybe republicans just do it more?

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Liberals are willing to do literally anything to prevent Kavanaugh from being confirmed, including a stunt like this. That woman is a liberal, she's used to trying to be in the spotlight to try to feel better about her mental illness, so for her, this is nothing - even giving false testimony under oath.
You sound disgusted that politicians would do anything to block the opposition -- I bet you were equally frustrated and angered when the Republicans refused to even hold a hearing for Obama's Supreme Court nominee.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

1) she told a therapist 6 years ago that 4 boys attacked her per the notes of her therapist. When she provided the "selected" notes of her therapist to the WP , she now says the therapist made a mistake that it was 2 attackers, not 4. Nowhere she mentions Kavanaugh. Now she says it was 1 attacker.

2) polygraphs are garbage. That's why is never admitted in court.

3) she can say her story a million times under oath, it's still the word of her against 2 men with NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

I'll go out on a limb here - haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else - but I don't think she has any intention of testifying. I think she is being used as a pawn by the dems who are applying tremendous pressure, telling her the balance of the universe rests upon her shoulders. Ford has said from the beginning she did not want to testify. I think she agreed to *offer* to testify as a political maneuver. If the Senate doesn't agree to hear her then it appears Kav is being rammed through no matter what. If they do agree to hear her, the Dems will find all sorts of excuses why this requires a 30 day or more delay.

I think the GOP should call her bluff. Schedule her to testify within the next few days. I'll bet she would not show up.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:55 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Among other things...

I take it as soon as this woman's name was revealed, repigs had their research team to start digging. LOL.
The MO to defend against an accusation of sexual assault/abuse is often to either blame the victim or trash the victim.

Kavanaugh, IMO, is lying about this. Perhaps he was so drunk at the time, he blacked out. He should, at a minimum, apologize. I am sure he would be upset if this happened to one of his daughters.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:56 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I agree with you. However, since we have a POTUS who has been accused of assault and who on tape speaks of grabbing women, what can we expect from the GOP but to push through this confirmation? They care nothing about morals. They just want the votes! My head is swimming looking at some of the rationale from the folks on this forum. Thank goodness, they don't have a say in what is actually happening on Capitol Hill.

Said corey booker.....

Old 09-17-2018, 09:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The MO to defend against an accusation of sexual assault/abuse is often to either blame the victim or trash the victim.

Kavanaugh, IMO, is lying about this. Perhaps he was so drunk at the time, he blacked out. He should, at a minimum, apologize. I am sure he would be upset if this happened to one of his daughters.

So why did the accuser, a far left activist, delete all her social media accounts?

Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ation-alcohol/

In his opening statement at his confirmation hearing this month, Kavanaugh referenced his time at the Catholic institution with great reverence: “The motto of my Jesuit high school was ‘Men for others.’*  I’ve tried to live that creed.”

But the school Judge has described in his books is a very different sort of place. In his 2005 book, God and Man at Georgetown Prep, which is now out of print, Judge apparently paints the school as overrun with gay priests who promote a form of liberalism that wrecks Catholic education. He also describes an institution where alcoholism was rampant, a theme he detailed in his 1997 addiction memoir, Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies