Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:14 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Just heard this on the news:

"There is absolutely no way the republicans can move forward with the vote on Thursday without allowing Catherine Ford to testify publicly and for Judge Brett Kavanaugh to defend himself."

I'd say that's about as fair and unbiased as you can get. Let both sides testify under oath. Let us (America) watch it.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Judiciary Committee should have live hearings with both parties questioned.
Yep, agree.

Unfortunately, at this point, we will never know with 100% certainty what happened in that room 36 years ago. It is Ford's word versus Kavanaugh's.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Very reasonable and I completely agree. I'm sure the committee will ask her some very tough questions, and I hope she can answer them honestly without getting all emotional and choked up.

It's been 36 years and I would never want to downplay somebody's trauma, I'm just saying that I want her story to be judged fairly and on facts....not emotions.
huh? why would she get choked up? over 36 year old high school party?...lmao

Old 09-17-2018, 12:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Let's flip this situation. Let's say a liberal judge was being nominated to SCOTUS, and a woman accused him of sexual assault 36 years ago.

Would Republican politicians and City-Data Trump supporters be making a very big deal about this?

Yes, absolutely they would. Just want to make sure everyone is being fair and reasonable here LOL.

While your being fair, what do you think liberals would be saying about it? Would they be calling for the nominee to be thrown out?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:

Wait and watch. Wanna place a bet?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
So just to clarify -- you're "LMAO" about the possibility of Ford getting emotional when testifying about being sexually assaulted 30 years ago?

I'm hoping Ford can testify without being too upset because it may hurt her own credibility as republican talking heads may try to accuse her of theatrics. But I want her truth to be heard, regardless.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:20 PM

Also, how funny is it that Kellyanne Conway said this morning that the accuser (Ford) should be heard....

Yet Trump's own sexual assault accusers (all 16 of them) and Roy Moore's accusers were downplayed by the White House....

Old 09-17-2018, 12:23 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Very reasonable and I completely agree. I'm sure the committee will ask her some very tough questions, and I hope she can answer them honestly without getting all emotional and choked up.

It's been 36 years and I would never want to downplay somebody's trauma, I'm just saying that I want her story to be judged fairly and on facts....not emotions.
There are currently no facts though. Just a lone claim from decades past that was withheld until the end of the confirmation process.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know very well why Merric Garland was not considered. It was a presidential election year. That has been the policy for many years, and the Democrats know it.
LOL, so you bought the lie, hook, line, and sinker. More nonsense.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Default Witness to so-called "assault" agrees that it never happened. Now it's She-said, THEY-said

Since this "news" of an "assault" was carefully arranged to be released far too late to arrange inclusion of the woman's testimony (if any) before the Senate hearings committee, it clearly belongs in its own thread.

Now the high school classmate of Christine Blasey Ford and Brett Kavanaugh, whom she said was in the room when Kavanaugh "assaulted" her back in their high-school days, has stated that the act never happened.

Kavanaugh himself has also stated unequivocally that he had never done any such thing to anyone, in high school or any other time.

She says yes he did, every other witness in the room say no, he didn't.

BTW, Christine Blasey Ford is a known Social Justice Warrior, teaching "Social Justice" at Palo Alto College where her students give her scary poor ratings and warn other students not to "get on her bad side". She was photographed wearing a vagina hat during an anti-Trump "women's march".

--------------------------------------------

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...mpletely-nuts/

Liberal Hack Lied: Kavanaugh Witness Speaks Out, Says Alleged Attack Is “Absolutely Nuts”
by Jim Hoft September 17, 2018

The man who was allegedly in the room with Kavanaugh during the attack now says it never happened.

Via The Daily Caller:

A former classmate of Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s is vehemently denying allegations that the Supreme Court nominee attempted to force himself onto a young woman during a party in high school.

Mark Judge, who attended Maryland’s Georgetown Preparatory School with Kavanaugh in the 1980s, told The Weekly Standard on Friday that the assault allegations were “just absolutely nuts.”

“I never saw Brett act that way,” Judge said.

Details of the alleged assault were first reported Friday morning by the New Yorker, which published the account of an unnamed woman who said Kavanaugh and a male classmate accosted her at a party.

The New Yorker story did not identify the classmate by name, but Judge confirmed to The Weekly Standard that he was the Kavanaugh associate the accuser named. Judge said he had no idea he was named in the allegation until the New Yorker’s Ronan Farrow interviewed him about it.

“[Ronan Farrow] said: As you know, you’re named in the letter. And I did not know,” he told the Weekly Standard.

Judge went on to say the New Yorker refused to tell him the name of the woman who had made the allegation or any details about where and when the assault may have occurred.

The Dems are so dirty they had to go back over three decades to Kavanaugh’s high school days to dig up ‘dirt’ using a left-wing activist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies