Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 12:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Can't you read? The court filing shows that the case was dismissed at the request of the plaintiff, if anything that is a ruling in her parent's favor
Are you incapable of getting the point without someone holding your hand through it?

If his mother was a judge presiding over even part of this foreclosure deal, AND her son had some dealings with their daughter, the judge should have recused herself. But that didn't happen....because her son didn't do jack squat to their daughter.

This is nothing but BS by the left, yet again, to try and derail another appointment. The left is disgusting and I can't wait for the day that each one of them pays for their lies.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Me too at its lowest
How many young black men in jail for assaults they did not do
Dems have gotten so dirty whenever I look at CNN I feel like I need a shower
To think for 8 years they told me to respect the office and now this

Old 09-17-2018, 12:29 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,404,556 times
Congress ought to take a close look at Christine Ford's history (her parents had a foreclosure case that the judge ruled against), along with the lawyer Debra Katz. Katz's work with/for Bill Clinton to protect him when women came forward with accusations against Bill indicates that--in the liberal mindset--women should only be believed unquestioningly if they are making accusations against conservative candidates. Accusations against liberals seem to be ignored by the mainstream media.

Strange how Ford has only stepped forward now--"During the 1980s, while in high school, I was fondled while I was drunk and wearing a one-piece bathing suit at a wealthy family's home while the parents were away. I don't remember the house, but it was definitely that boy! I thought I would be killed there." But of course Bill Clinton's crimes were dismissed--even those that were raped or murdered. Sure, Debra Katz. Better find a nefarious pre-school incident while you are busy finding fables to discredit another candidate.

*Foreclosure case was mentioned, I see. Thank you!

Old 09-17-2018, 12:29 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Of course he is going to protect his buddy. I wonder what Brett promised him in return?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM

1,199 posts, read 638,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
While your being fair, what do you think liberals would be saying about it? Would they be calling for the nominee to be thrown out?
Absolutely. Al Franken is gone - forced out by his own party - and he held an elected Senate position.

Kavanaugh is a Supreme Court interviewee at this point, nothing more.

The right political play for the Republicans is to dig up another Christian fundamentalist who won't be vulnerable to these particular skeletons, like Barrett. She would be attacked for her membership in a cult, but she's weathered that storm before. With someone like her in place, the right wing could move forward with God's work: saving unborn babies, only to ignore them once they're outside the womb.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
lol.... he didn't touch her, she's a plant, don't you guys get it?

Old 09-17-2018, 12:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Y'all are spinning all the scenarios faster than Mr. Trump. Seriously -- you need to apply for jobs at The White House -- they need you folk s-- lol.-

(and then you can bring all that valuable information you have to put all those Democrats in jail).

Old 09-17-2018, 12:35 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Of course he is going to protect his buddy. I wonder what Brett promised him in return?
TRANSLATION: Since all of us leftist extremists have convinced ourselves that all Republicans are mean and eeevil, any time some new Republican shows up, we can immediately accuse him of being mean and eeevil, even though we have no evidence that he lied, took bribes or did anything wrong.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:40 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Right. Because somewhere in those documents he confessed to a drunken sexual assault. Get real.

The documents are limited because they have nothing more to say than the documents that have been released, if there is any push it's that the volume of documents are being used to delay the confirmation.
No
There is information in those documents that shows Kavanaugh has lied under oath to other committees
THAT is why there is a rush and an obstruction to get access to any document the Senators might want to review
Sotomayor released ALL her documentation
Kagen released more than 95% of her and she was Solicitor General

It doesn't matter how large the conpendium of documents are
President Bush said HE had no objection to the release of ANY document
Why would Kavanaugh or Grassley have any then???

Old 09-17-2018, 12:41 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you incapable of getting the point without someone holding your hand through it?

If his mother was a judge presiding over even part of this foreclosure deal, AND her son had some dealings with their daughter, the judge should have recused herself. But that didn't happen....because her son didn't do jack squat to their daughter.

This is nothing but BS by the left, yet again, to try and derail another appointment. The left is disgusting and I can't wait for the day that each one of them pays for their lies.
But your first claim was that she went after Kavanaugh because his mother evicted her parents. Proven wrong you now claim that her story is a lie because his mother didn't recuse herself. I was molested by my brother's best friend when I was 12. I never told my parents, or anyone else until half a century later when I told my husband, that does not mean that the incident never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies