Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:18 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,159,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Those are random rapes.
This is an alleged date rape that went unreported for 36 years, and was then reported to the wrong office.
They weren't dating so it wasn't an attempted date rape. They were at the same party, but that doesn't make it an attempted date rape. If someone I have met once or twice before rapes me at a party we are both attending, it is not date rape. And date rape is no less of a rape that a non date rape.

Rape is rape, putting the word date in front does not change the fact that someone was raped.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:52 AM

57,035 posts, read 26,001,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But it IS NORMAL!!! Unless a woman is grossly unattractive and covered in puke, she will always attract unwelcome sexual overtures. Especially in a party or bar situation where alcohol is involved and there are without a sexual partner lined up for that night. And even more especially if that man is from a macho culture where his manliness is rated by how big his d1ck is and much of a successful player he is.

And speaking of obnoxious mottos, I really hate when a guy turns down a flirtatious female, then his guy friends all try to shame him for turning down a sure thing, telling him that "he will always down one" on the player scoreboard.
That was some "overture", I think you moved in different circles to think this is anywhere near normal behavior.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,932,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
That was 20 years ago. Care to keep the conversation in the present?
Awwww, truth hurts does it??

Old 09-18-2018, 06:58 AM

51,613 posts, read 25,661,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That was some "overture", I think you moved in different circles to think this is anywhere near normal behavior.
Normal behavior is to throw 15 y/o girls down in a bedroom, cover their mouth with your hand so she can't scream, and attempt to rape them?

Got to wonder what crowd Miu runs with.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:59 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,837,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A lot of "what if's" in your statement....would not expect anything different. That's what the left runs with now-a-days.....
Left/right/middle........we don't need a questionable character as a Supreme Court Judge. They, like the president should be for all the people, not just a few.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Slight possibility that they are both telling the truth and he(and his friend) was so drunk that he has no memory of what occurred. His friend Mark Judge wrote a book and mentioned being so drunk during high school parties he would blackout and not remember what occurred while he was drunk. If Kavanaugh and Judge were both very drunk, as the accuser said, maybe they woke up the next morning without memory of what they did. Doubtful, but possible.
Except as far as we know at this point she can't remember where the alleged party was, how she got there,how she got home, when exactly it was (even what year), etc.

Secondly, why would one take a polygraph test if one didn't FULLY intend to be revealed and questioned? If she only intended for the accusation to be used as an "FYI" and to never be publicly known or for said accusation to never go anywhere or be acted on then why do that? I love how good old

Chucky Schumer said "these accusations are highly credible". What an idiotic thing to state.

Sorry, too much stinks with this accusation at this point...

Old 09-18-2018, 07:01 AM

57,035 posts, read 26,001,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Quayle_Higgins_III View Post
Why not wait to hear them both testify before you make a conclusion? I don't see how anyone can even make up their mind at this point.

Its just like this Russiar thing. It is pointless to form a conclusion either way until you have all of the evidence.
You are being overly optimistic that testimony based completely on competing versions will establish truth and change anyone's mind. Why would you expect this would turn out differently than the Clarence Thomas hearings. Roy Moore's accusers did change some minds but overall many people are entrenched in their opinion.

Someone suggested that both be interviewed by someone independent and come to a conclusion, if you thought the initial hearings were a circus then this will be quite the next level.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:02 AM

If the weak arguments being presented to defend Kavanaugh on this forum are the ones being used in the Senate, ...

Old 09-18-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
She is already on the record from counseling in 2012, she didn't just bring this up this week.
And she's disputing what the therapist wrote...

Old 09-18-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
You are being overly optimistic that testimony based completely on competing versions will establish truth and change anyone's mind. Why would you expect this would turn out differently than the Clarence Thomas hearings. Roy Moore's accusers did change some minds but overall many people are entrenched in their opinion.
I think because time's have changed since the Clarence Thomas hearings.

Also, Anita Hill was not describing attempted rape.

I doubt it will sway all 51 Republican Senators, but I hard to imagine that at least a couple of them won't decide that putting this man on the Supreme Court is a poor idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies