Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 03:55 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
So they canceled the vote next week. I have to figure a withdrawal is coming
why would he withdraw? He is cooperating. It is the accuser that apparently is being difficult

Old 09-18-2018, 03:57 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/stat...blasey-ford%2F

Chad Pergram

Verified account

@ChadPergram
Follow Follow @ChadPergram
More
From colleague Connor Marley. Feinstein on Ford. Says Ford "is a woman that has been, I think, profoundly impacted, on this..I can't say that everything is truthful. I don't know."

so...

Old 09-18-2018, 04:03 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Not weighing in on either side because I don't know, but I am a few years older that Kavanaugh and the woman accusing him--basically came of age at the same time. I, too, was "almost-raped" in high school. I w as 15 years old. I remember every detail clearly. Of all my dating years, no other guy ever did that to me. By today's standards, it would have been clearly physical assault. By 1980s standards, it was "boys will be boys."

If this guy in question was trying to get on the Supreme Court, would I do anything? I don't know. Clearly I would be ripped apart by most everyone and be accused of having some sort of political motivation. That would not be the case for me, it would be about letting people know the guy's character.

Now whether or not you believe a guy who believes he's entitled to force himself on a woman should be a judge is another matter. Honestly, I don't think many guys like that ever change their ways, and the ones who do fess up to it and come clean.
At my high school reunion recently, a guy who tried to rape me walked up and tried to chat as if nothing had happened.

I reminded him of the night I got out of his pickup and walked home and he gave me a **** eating grin like it was some clever joke between us. He acted as if nothing had happened. Apparently, he thought it was no big deal and had forgotten it.

In talking with others that night, I was far from the only one who had had a similar experience.

I've had several on this forum privately message that a similar thing had happened to them.

Wonder how many women this has happened to.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:04 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
There's no way this hearing on Monday "goes well."

A woman who is accusing a SCOTUS nominee will be GRILLED and republican committee members will purposely do whatever they can do attack her character and discredit her.

Democrat or republican, this is just sad.
It certainly will impact voters this Fall.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:06 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At my high school reunion recently, a guy who tried to rape me walked up and tried to chat as if nothing had happened.

I reminded him of the night I got out of his pickup and walked home and he gave me a **** eating grin like it was some clever joke between us. He acted as if nothing had happened. Apparently, he thought it was no big deal and had forgotten it.

In talking with others that night, I was far from the only one who had had a similar experience.

I've had several on this forum privately message that a similar thing had happened to them.

Wonder how many women this has happened to.
Many. Sexual assault/rape is vastly under-reported. Reading these threads here helps you understand why. Imagine if one of your relatives was one of the C-D posters here calling her a liar and saying she deserved it. Would you tell them about it?

Old 09-18-2018, 04:07 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
As to slandering the poor Mr. Kavanaugh, please.

Republican slander constantly. It is one of their stock in trade strategies.

The Benghazi hearings went on for several years in order to slander Clinton. Even Gowdy said he knew fro the get to there was no way to get help to them in time. Four Americans died in Niger under very suspicious circumstances. Where were the hearings? Nearly 3,000 Americans died in Puerto Rico. Where are the hearings?

Trump slanders others on a daily basis. No outrage from Republicans.

Now all of a sudden it's, "I do declare Miss PittyPat. All this slanderous talk. It is so unfair."

Old 09-18-2018, 04:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Republicans makings all sorts of excuses why Mark Judge will not/should not be called to testify. They don't want him testifying under oath, Odds are good he won't lie and put himself in legal jeopardy for Kav.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:09 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
I would like a good explanation as to how she learned the names of her two attackers.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump says he doesn't think the FBI should prove into this whole accusation. That seems odd. Does he know that it might be proven to be true?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u..._medium=Social

As for victims not coming out sooner --- we have enough information out there to show that whether or not it is physical, sexual or verbal abuse -- the scars left are complex and victims struggle to come with terms to reveal their abuse. I can't believe folks haven't heard of this before. She was a young girl -- and she may have compartmentalized the incident and put it away.

You can have tons of papers, studies, discussions, cases on line of folks who choose to not share the information for years. They eventually can't live with it and share.
Good to know that if some woman you have never heard of before suddenly accuses your Husband/Father/Brother/Boyfriend/Best Friend of "physical/sexual abuse/attempted Rape .....

Then you are Hunky Dory with it and would expect no evidence other than a 36 year old accusation with ZERO evidence include when/where/date it all "happened".

I'm not much of a gambler unless it's a sure thing -- I bet you would NOT be Hunky-Dory with such a person Destroying the Life of your loved one.

One thing we DO know about Sexual Abusers -- it's a pattern of behavior, never just one victim.
SHE is the "one victim" and determined to stop his confirmation - it's Political.

Old 09-18-2018, 04:10 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Crap. A second accuser has come forward. This isn't good.

https://i.imgur.com/kfgqGVd.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies