Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:20 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Exactly. If she wants an investigation, let her hire her own private investigator.

Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this nonsense?

It makes no sense still what an investigator could tell us that she cant.
You ask why should the tax payers pay for this investigation? Because we really don’t want a scumbag as a Supreme Court Judge for 40 years. Kavanaugh does not have the character or the veritas to hold that office.

Let’s find the true story to make sure he’s not a former/or present drunk or a violent rapist. If neither of these are true, then why not take the time to prove his quality of his present and past character?

Old 09-18-2018, 09:21 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You ask why should the tax payers pay for this investigation? Because we really don’t want a scumbag as a Supreme Court Judge for 40 years. Kavanaugh does not have the character or the veritas to hold that office.

Let’s find the true story to make sure he’s not a former/or present drunk or a violent rapist. If neither of these are true, then why not take the time to prove his quality of his present and past character?
because he has gone through several background checks. Nothing has come up before this obvious smear job

Old 09-18-2018, 09:22 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Very sad and I suspect it will cost them much more than they realize now.
Another attempt to overturn the 2016 election. I think it’ll really drive up Republican turnout in November.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:23 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Exactly. If she wants an investigation, let her hire her own private investigator.

Why should taxpayers foot the bill for this nonsense?

It makes no sense still what an investigator could tell us that she cant.

I

Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Curious that Kavanaugh's best "frat buddy" Mark Judge refuses to testify under oath.
He wrote a book about the frat-style heavy drinking and partying lifestyle at the time.
Maybe he knows that if he sticks up for Kavanaugh under oath it's perjury.
It is more probable he doesn’t want to explain his own behavior as a teenage boy under oath. I don’t blame him.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Curious that Kavanaugh's best "frat buddy" Mark Judge refuses to testify under oath.
He wrote a book about the frat-style heavy drinking and partying lifestyle at the time.
Maybe he knows that if he sticks up for Kavanaugh under oath it's perjury.

he is not the accuser.....but if the Senate needs his testimony they could do it in closed session.....but the main witness is the accuser, if she doesn't show up then there is no hearing.

be careful now, if Mark Judge teenage past is in play, so is the accuser..........You want to go there?.......lets see how many drinks the professor used to drink and how many parties she attended in houses and people she didn't know..........you go after Mark's teenage life ,she is fair play also.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post

Because the only person accusing him of any bad character or bad act refuses to testify.

The country cannot be held hostage by a 15 year old masquerading as an adult whether by her own design or the design/encouragement of her activist lawyer and the Democratic party.

Let her show up and testify or hold the vote.

There is nothing an investigation will do to further the truth. It will still be he said/she said and the senators will have to decide who is more credible.

If she refuses to testify, she has no credibility. She asked for a hearing. Its been offered. She refuses to show. Circus is over.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It is more probable he doesn’t want to explain his own behavior as a teenage boy under oath. I don’t blame him.

and neither does she....people may ask how many parties she went in houses she doesn't know and people she doesn't know....was that a habit of hers in the 80's? did she drink alcohol or used any drugs in 1982? if yes, which drugs and if she was under the influence of alcohol or drugs that could explain why she doesn't remember the house, the date or the people in the house.

I didn't know drinking and partying in high school was a crime now.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Another attempt to overturn the 2016 election. I think it’ll really drive up Republican turnout in November.
I agree. I also think more moderate dems will abandon their party. People have had enough of the looney left's nonsense.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and neither does she....I didn't know drinking and partying in high school was a crime now.
ha......if the Dims have their way it will soon all be subject to FBI investigations...…….lmao...…….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies