Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 03:10 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
tell me what the FBI is supposed to do exactly with a 36 year old claim where the accuser can't remember when or where it happened or how many people were involved? Please explain

first thing to do is put those questions to her in 20 different ways in order to find out.

exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This entire situation has reached a tipping point, and it is time for republicans to decide what is more important to them: confirming judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court? Or Staying in power in November? At this point, they cannot have both.

If Kavanaugh gets confirmed without an FBI investigation, republicans going to get crushed in November.

You think so? I think they need to have him confirmed to NOT get crushed. The base will not come out and vote it the GOP caves.

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
SO, I Just want to make sure I understand those that support ford...

She cannot remember when this happened.
She cannot remember where this happened.
She cannot remember how many people were there and the Drs notes are wrong.
She said she would testify, now refuses, until an FBI investigation is complete.

Is this about right?

WOW, pretty sad....

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
This entire situation has reached a tipping point, and it is time for republicans to decide what is more important to them: confirming judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court? Or Staying in power in November? At this point, they cannot have both.

If Kavanaugh gets confirmed without an FBI investigation, republicans going to get crushed in November.
You're very clearly severely underestimating all the reasonable men and women who've had it up to here with these fake "me too" accusations. The women? They have fathers, husbands, brothers, sons, etc. NONE of them wants their male family members or male friends falsely accused with NO evidence presented whatsoever.

Enough!!!

This will backfire BIG TIME on the Dems in November, and in 2020.

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Collins says 'it's not fair' for Kavanaugh accuser not to testify

A key Republican senator pushed back Wednesday on calls by Brett Kavanaugh's accuser to allow for an FBI investigation before a hearing next week, the latest indication that Republicans may be closing in on the votes to confirm President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee if Christine Blasey Ford declines to testify.

"I think it's not fair for Judge Kavanaugh for her not to come forward and testify," Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, a crucial swing vote, told local radio station WVOM.

The comments by Collins, who as one of the more moderate Republican senators is seen as a key vote on the nomination, are the latest sign that if Ford declines to testify, it could help Kavanaugh's chances at winning confirmation to the Supreme Court. Already, key Republicans like Sens. Bob Corker and Jeff Flake -- who had been on-the-fence after the new allegations of sexual misconduct from Kavanaugh's high school days in the 1980s -- are saying they're prepared to move ahead with the nomination if she won't testify before the committee.
If Collins and Murkowski are on board, then there will be no chance to derail the confirmation. I cannot wait to see how Claire McCaskill and Heidi Heitkamp decide or if they come out to say anything haha

Old 09-19-2018, 03:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, I Just want to make sure I understand those that support ford...

She cannot remember when this happened.
She cannot remember where this happened.
She cannot remember how many people were there and the Drs notes are wrong.
She said she would testify, now refuses, until an FBI investigation is complete.

Is this about right?

WOW, pretty sad....

It's called: 15 minutes of fame.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:13 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
I just saw that Dr. Catherine Ford has been receiving death threats. She and her family have had to leave their house and stay with family due to safety. She has also had to hire a security team.

My god. I knew Trump supporters were despicable people, but send death threats to an alleged rape victim...there's a special place in hell for you.

Most likely it was liberal activists trying to paint the picture you described.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If Collins and Murkowski are on board, then there will be no chance to derail the confirmation. I cannot wait to see how Claire McCaskill and Heidi Heitkamp decide or if they come out to say anything haha
Here are the Senate Democrats up for election in states that Trump won in 2016, who will be under some pressure to vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh:

1. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.)
2. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.)
3. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.)
4. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.)
5. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.)
6. Jon Tester (D-Mont.)
7. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio)
8. Bob Casey (D-Pa.)
9. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.)

And also:
10. Doug Jones (D-Al.)(Up for election in 2020)

If they all vote to confirm, that will be 61 votes in favor and 39 opposed. At a bare minimum, Heitkamp, Manchin and Donelly will almost assuredly vote to confirm. I think a number of the others will also, but at this moment, it is likely that a number of them do not know for sure how they will vote themselves.

And this latest stunt is going to turn up the heat on these Democrat Senators in Republican states like never before.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:14 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
It's called: 15 minutes of fame.
Maybe her, Stormy and Omarosa can get together and make it 1/2 hour I hate Trump show?

Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Most likely it was liberal activists trying to paint the picture you described.
Yep. Let the leftists prove it was not them that instigated these "death threats". These people are such relentless liars, they are truly unbelievable. Until then, it should be assumed that it was.

Assuming there were actually any death threats, that is. They need to provide proof for that too, actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies