Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 05:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,009,739 times

Advertisements

The dumbest thing yet is Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) chiming in. She graduated from the same school as Christine Ford, but 5 years earlier. As far as I can find out, she did not know either Ford, Judge, or Kavanaugh. No connection other than having attended the same school, 5 years prior.

I graduated from the same high school as a guy who is now on the Golden State Warriors, albeit years earlier. Say, why doesn't ESPN contact me to get my expert views on the upcoming NBA season? After all, I graduated from the same school. Who cares if I never knew this NBA player nor played high school basketball....

Old 09-19-2018, 05:42 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Then why is everyone talking about summer of 1982 at a house party in Montgomery County Maryland. Did they pull this out of thin air?

Where? Do tell, with a link....

Old 09-19-2018, 05:44 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Yet another witness, PJ, listed by Ford as a witness, has stated they do not recall any such incident nor ever heard of such an incident.

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
She should be able then to state who she heard this from, correct? And she should be able to provide details not yet released? Or is it another coincidence that the only details she has of the incident are the ones that already been broadcasted by the media?
Possibly, maybe there should be an investigation and questioning of all witnesses.

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Where did this happen? And when? Everyone else she says was here has said no such event ever occurred.
Her Lawyer said tonight that there are "witnesses" ....... Interesting. Perhaps the "witnesses" can give the Year/Date/Address/town-city/ of this alleged "attack".

Ford says she doesn't know any of that - and yet, these new "witnesses" claim to know.

In other news tonight - Grassley wants unredacted version of letter from Kavanaugh's accuser |The Hill 9/19/18

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) is demanding that ranking member Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) hand over an unredacted version of the letter from a woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

Grassley in a letter sent Wednesday to Feinstein said he needs an unredacted copy in order to prepare for the Monday hearing where Republicans have invited both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, to testify.

"My staff has made repeated requests for this document — which has become a significant piece of evidence in Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation process — but your staff has so far refused to provide a copy of the letter," Grassley wrote. "I must review the unredacted letter that Dr. Ford sent to you, dated July 30, 2018. I ask that you send me a copy of the original, unredacted letter immediately."

Think about that -- the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in charge of Senate Hearings for a US Supreme Court Justice ...... found out about all this in the Washington Post. He also found out that the Ranking Member - Diane Feinstein had this information from JULY and kept silent. This is no more than a Political Stunt ..... and it is going to fail. Ford is REFUSING to testify under Oath, Kavanaugh is ready and waiting to go under OATH. The vote will go forward and the Leftists sink more into the mud.

If Democrats had believed Ford’s story was convincing, and had followed the committee-hearing process in good faith, we’d have heard about it in July, and we’d have been hearing about nothing else since — especially during the hours upon hours that Kavanaugh answered aggressively provocative, politically loaded questions under oath. Senator Feinstein knew about Ford’s allegation all that time and never uttered a peep about it — not in face-to-face interviews with Kavanaugh or in her rounds of questioning at the hearing. And don’t tell me Feinstein had to stay mum to honor Ford’s desire for anonymity. There is good reason to believe Ford had no intention of remaining anonymous (hiring Democrat-activist lawyers, taking a polygraph, etc.). But even if Ford truly wanted to remain unidentified, Senator Feinstein could easily have questioned Kavanaugh about the purported incident without mentioning Ford’s name. That would have preserved anonymity while adhering to the hearing process. Instead, the Democrats’ ranking committee member contemptuously undermined the committee’s process, and now other Senate Democrats are following her lead.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:45 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
No I am cautious about judging a hostile breakup between a couple when there are counter claims and no good view of truth. His daughter is all over the complainant as a mean bit**. I certainly think there is bad feelings between the two but I see no evidence of who was assaulting who...particularly psychologically.

Is there really a crime of "narcissistic assault"?

With video evidence.....police reports...

Good lord, research before you post.....

Old 09-19-2018, 05:47 PM

25,713 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Anyone who says they didn't do anything off-color, stupid, sexual, etc as a teenager is a flat out liar. Even the biggest nerds in the world did DUMB things as teenagers. It is absolutely asinine to be dredging up stupidity from thirty-five years ago, assuming that particular incident ever even happened. My guess is it did not--but that is only a guess based on the pathetic way this has all come out at 11:59 PM before the clock strikes doomsday midnight for the dems.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
With video evidence.....police reports...

Good lord, research before you post.....
Cite your sources please. I am reasonably up on the subject which you apparently are not. Briebart is not a source.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:48 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Yet another named witness by Ford, PJ, has stated he knows nothing of such incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Possibly, maybe there should be an investigation and questioning of all witnesses.
She is not a witness, lol. She claims she heard something, though offered zero details like from who, but she even got the time of the year wrong. I already called it that BS like this would start happening, and every single one of them will be anti-Trump, left leaning types.

Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Good question. The FBI investigation should dig into this because it's important. Miranda mentions she had a crush on Mark Judge. Maybe she heard it through a friend of Mark Judge or directly from Mark Judge.

Date is summer of 1982. Located at a house in Maryland. I think Dr Ford said the county or area in Maryland already in the letter. This is specific enough but the FBI can dig deeper to learn more about the exact address as well as the exact date, if the FBI would talk to some people. The GOP is rushing it and not allowing the FBI to do the necessary research. If there were rumors at school, it's possible the date and exact house could be flushed out because it's likely several others will recall the rumors. The rush is not allowing the proper investigation.
I don't know where you're getting your information from, because the information I have heard is that she can't remember exactly what year, or where it took place. Ms. Ford has been unable to furnish many details, and the story keeps changing. I think the "news" media is embellishing much of what they are saying. CNN, MSNBC ...neither are credible sources, and neither is the NYT (the "newspaper of record").

The FBI has already said they aren't going to investigate. And why should they? 35 years ago, and she cannot provide details, or isn't even sure where it took place? Ms. Ford is a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies