Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 09:17 AM

9,471 posts, read 9,327,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That post was a response to someone asking what she was doing 5 minutes before that may have made him think she wanted to get it on.

If one of your kids or grandkids said they were sexually assaulted would you be asking them what they did 5 minutes before that made him think they wanted to get it on?
And would one of their friends jump on top, like Mark Judge did?

Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 AM

17,344 posts, read 9,161,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
You do realize that nobody is required to talk to the FBI? The FBI does not have any jurisdiction over this incident, as its not a federal crime, even if it did occur. So why would anyone talk to the FBI? They just make crap up , decide to exonerate guilty people, charge innocent ones, over nothing more than misstatements that can be simple errors of recollection or detail. There is absolutely no reason that ANYONE should EVER , under ANY circumstances, talk to the FBI!
I never once considered NOT talking to the FBI - I've spoken to them twice in person, and once on the phone. I do admit it's starling to have the FBI show up at your front door unexpectedly.
I've certainly never been afraid of them.

All three times were when they were doing a Security background check. The phone conversation was when I had been given as a reference, one was about a neighbor and I think one was possibly because I was a regular bridge partner of his. None of these surprised me because members of my family (and friends) were regularly checked for the same Security Clearances - I was aware of where these 3 men worked and could honestly say they NEVER discussed their jobs in my presence.

Odd thing - I played bridge fairly regularly with a FBI agent and never had a clue that was what he was until he was murdered while on an under-cover operation - and I saw his obituary.
Good player, but odd duck.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:18 AM

46,175 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
To shed light on how partisan and biased the hearing will be on Monday:

Brett Kavanaugh has been spent 4 days in a row at the White House. He is practicing his testimony responses with White House attorney Don McGhan. White House attorneys are giving Kavanaugh the questions GOP committee members will ask him and he is being coached on how to answer.

Meanwhile, Ford had to leave her home on Tuesday night after receiving death threats to her family. She is preparing to have her character dragged through the mud by an all male group of republicans who are heavily biased.

To say the situation is heavily lopsided in Kavanaugh's favor is an understatement.

Ford responded? When? Link....

Old 09-20-2018, 09:19 AM

27,329 posts, read 28,403,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
it seems the Dem party doesn't like men, especially white men very muchj

and yes we are angry. We are angry that these morons are trying to destroy Judge Kavanaugh and his family.
So my prayer is every undeserved curse against him goes back to the sender.
I don't understand how anybody can doubt that the Democrat party has become radical and extremist in this day and age.

In no way is the Democrat party in the political mainstream anymore.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:19 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,049,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course!

Just like the Pubs' refusal to release the documents of Kavanugh's time in the Dubya admin.

They know this guy is dirty and they scared spitless that it might come out before they can cram him through.

Absolutely.

And the clock is ticking, they've got less than 45 days. It shows how far some of these GOP officials will go to put party before country.

They want kavanaugh confirmed so badly, that they're willing to deny a sexual assault accuser her a formal investigation and would rather just push a "he said/she said" testimony on Monday that will solve nothing.

But hey, it's clear these GOP officials don't care about right and wrong. But ultimately it is not us they will have to answer to. I just hope Senator Chuck Grassley is prepared to discuss what he is doing right now with the lord when his time on earth is over.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:21 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,810,135 times
I Wrote Some of the Stolen Memos That Brett Kavanaugh Lied to the Senate About
He should be impeached, not elevated.
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html

Ex-Senate Aide: Kavanaugh Should Be Impeached for Lying Under Oath About Stolen Democratic Memos
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/...augh_should_be

"Man of integrity"..... my BUTT!

46,175 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
And would one of their friends jump on top, like Mark Judge did?

We know he did it now....when did this statement come out?

So, it's rape and there is conformation that judge did jump on them.

Great, let get the investigation going....

9,727 posts, read 9,693,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That post was a response to someone asking what she was doing 5 minutes before that may have made him think she wanted to get it on.

If one of your kids or grandkids said they were sexually assaulted would you be asking them what they did 5 minutes before that made him think they wanted to get it on?
My kids would not be in house full of unsupervised boys getting drunk. You walk into FedEx field wearing a Cowboys jersey, don't be shocked if you are going to get hassled by the Redskins fans.

Kids sometimes learn to handle themselves the hard way.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,407,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I don't click on your stupid links...
Then you don't know whether they're stupid or not. But they certainly do upset you.

Doesn't matter. Lots of other folks will click on it, read it, and know I'm right and you're wrong.

Quote:
Maybe you can help poor dr ford out and help her remember when, where, how many, how she got there, how she left.....

And it's reasonable for Obama boot lickers to lie about what is really going on, it was never rape, it was assault, but RAPE sounds so much better.....

tic toc poor dr ford.....
He wasn't after a donation to UNICEF, chuck.

Kavanaugh is dirty.

You, tRump, and the GOP are scared. And trying so hard to keep his past from catching up to him.

Thing is, even if the Pubs push him through, his dirt is gonna come out and if he's already sitting on the court, it's gonna make the GOP look even worse than if they pulled him and put up a better nominee.

In the meantime, it's fabulous political entertainment.

"Sit back and enjoy it."

Old 09-20-2018, 09:25 AM

9,471 posts, read 9,327,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Makes have every right to question females

And they have offered to send people to California to question her if she wants that
And EVERY US citizen deserves to have Kavanaugh investigated to see if he did this awful deed to Dr. Ford when she was a teenager. We have the right to know what kind of person we are installing on the Supreme Court for 40 years. Also, Dr. Ford deserves more time to prepare for the nasty grilling she will certainly get from the bas...ds in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies