Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,020,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Kavenaugh has no history of sexual assault. There is no such thing as a "one time rapist". It was probably someone else and she just wants Kavenagh to pay. I hope his legal team sues this woman back into the hole she climbed out of. She is a nutcase who is conflating simple "groping" into sexual assault. Sorry, but EVERY guy just reached puberty is guilty.
EVERY guy who reaches puberty drags a woman into a bedroom, turns up the music and clamps a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet, and forceably gropes her? Wow. EVERY guy, huh?

And if that was true, you think that's okay?

For the record, it isn't true. There are many decent men/boys out there who would never attempt to force themselves on a woman. Though if you think this is "normal male behavior" you probably don't fall into that category.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,929,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's not true.

And it's "statute".

Oh darn, you got me...I misspelled a word....yet you knew what I meant, and still had to say something, congrats....

Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,699,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
EVERY guy who reaches puberty drags a woman into a bedroom, turns up the music and clamps a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet, and forceably gropes her? Wow. EVERY guy, huh?

And if that was true, you think that's okay?

For the record, it isn't true. There are many decent men/boys out there who would never attempt to force themselves on a woman. Though if you think this is "normal male behavior" you probably don't fall into that category.

This post is even more despicable than your last few.

No. What probably REALLY happened is that she willingly went into a bedroom with "some guy" and after of few minutes of mutual "fondling", she had second thoughts and wanted to leave. She felt embarrassed and concocted this fantasy in her own mind to excuse her own poor judgement.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:45 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,929,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
ATTENTION ALL AMERICANS

The Kavanaugh Jam Job will proceed as ordered by your Repubican Soviet overlords.

Consideration of public input? Never! Full disclosure of the nominee's written record? Never!

The Trumplican Soviet Politburo will decide for you. Be quiet and do as you are told.

Now the Russians are involved...

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You anti trumpers need to put the pills away or maybe start taking them again....

Old 09-21-2018, 08:48 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,020,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
No. What probably REALLY happened is that she willingly went into a bedroom with "some guy" and after of few minutes of mutual "fondling", she had second thoughts and wanted to leave. She felt embarrassed and concocted this fantasy in her own mind to excuse her own poor judgement.
So, to recap, you get called out for claiming that since he wasn't able to finish the assault, there should be no charges, so you move the goal post to, well, yeah, but EVERY guy assaults women. And when called out on the fact that no, decent guys don't assault women, you move the goal posts again to say, well, yeah, but she probably wanted it.

I hope there are no vulnerable women in your life. What you think of as "normal male behavior" is very disturbing.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,287,018 times
One of the rumors floating around is the GOP has some sort of post Ford made on social media claiming someone needed to accuse Gorsuch of rape so that the nomination was pulled. If this really happened she is done

Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 AM

988 posts, read 678,444 times
Everybody's convinced they know what happened. They can't, unless they were there.

The false rape accusation at Duke made a big impression on me. The night the accusation was made, people took to the streets with candles and all of that. It wasn't a general protest. It was specific, in response to an accusation. The accusation was false. The people marching on the Duke campus were the finest we have, brilliant PhDs and so on. A good mind protects nobody from being duped. In fact, a good mind might make people more susceptible to being duped, in some circumstances. The bright person thinks, "I understand secret psychological stuff, and conspiracies. Sure, there are no facts here. But there's no need for them. I get stuff." Wacko cults are filled with brilliant people who believe they'll board spaceships behind Hale-Bopp.

Eyewitnesses are notoriously inaccurate, even when describing events that have happened to them.

It used to be said, it's better to let a hundred guilty people escape punishment, then jail one innocent person. I just looked it up. It's something called Blackstone's Formulation, from English common law. Blackstone stated it as ten guilty people going free, to save one innocent. That's been turned on it's head. Today, it's better to assume everybody is guilty based on an accusation. Slander and dehumanize the accused, as we slander and dehumanize opponents in war. The accused are not people anymore, but monsters and predators, just like the people we shell in faraway deserts.

In my view, if you start out by stating, "It's better to let ten guilty people go free..." you acknowledge the system of justice is imperfect. Surprise. Mistakes are made. We don't always know the truth. For that reason, we require evidence. Not a perfect solution. But a better solution than relying on guesses, past grievances in our lives that resemble present accusations in another person's life, and so on to determine the truth.

I'll probably still vote democrat. Trump is that bad. But what an awful group of people the democrats are sometimes. Very discouraging. How do you solve partisan differences? With evidence. Not brain surgery. And not a new idea. Sometimes a guilty person goes free. That is a choice our society has made, to avoid the greater evil of convicting people who have committed no crime.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:52 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,699,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So, to recap, you get called out for claiming that since he wasn't able to finish the assault, there should be no charges, so you move the goal post to, well, yeah, but EVERY guy assaults women. And when called out on the fact that no, decent guys don't assault women, you move the goal posts again to say, well, yeah, but she probably wanted it.

I hope there are no vulnerable women in your life. What you think of a "normal male behavior" is very disturbing.
You mistakenly assume there actually was an assault. I refuse to believe that story without another witness who can place Kavenaugh at that exact party on that date.

The rest is me putting out alternative motives and or ideas of what may or may not have happened. Until they both testify, we are all guessing.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,640,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so what explains his supposed attraction to the distinctly non-modelish christine blasey?
Is that like Trump'''s response that he wouldn't have assaulted any of the women who accused him because they were not attractive enough to warrant his attention???

Predators don't need for a woman to be "modelish" to see them as prey
Maybe Kavanaugh has to up his game in order not to actually draw someone filing charges--but he still likes to be surrounded by attractive women ==his harem--that he can direct and control...
Being in a position to pick and choose female law students for clerkships is likely a heady rush to a guy who might like being in the cat-bird's seat...
Knowing he is in position of that much power might substitute for more overt actions...

Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 AM

45,346 posts, read 26,923,599 times
Seems like Kavanaugh is ready to roll...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies