Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 05:24 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Also, why are attorneys doing the questioning? Why not the Senators?

After all, it is a Senate hearing not a court room.
They desperately want to avoid the kangaroo court that took place when Anita Hill was questioned by old white men - some of which are still on that same committee.

One might ask - why are there no REPUBLICAN women on that committee - but it's the Republicans so we really do not need to ask.

"Ms. Hill, are you a woman scorned?"

Dumbazzes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas were BOTH Federal employees at the time. That's why it would be under FBI jursidiction.
FBI does background investigations. Period. Certainly they could ask a few questions. I feel like they can handle it.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:25 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Wow. Talk about meltdown.
Meltdown ...... how about a male friend, bother, father, son, cousin of yours that fights this sort of thing for almost 3 years and refused to admit (because it wasn't true) that he "sexually abused" somebody.

He lost his business, his home, all his money and NEVER would admit to something he did NOT do -- despite the Lawyers advising "give up and settle - give her the Money she is demanding and it will go away". He said - "no way I'm admitting to such a thing I did NOT do". This was over a Performance Review.

That not a "Meltdown" ...... that's seeing this in operation and it's WRONG.
In the end ...... the woman involved finally said ..... "I LIED" and dropped it.

Lives are destroyed, reputations destroyed .... In the case I cited - it was for MONEY.
In the case of Judge Kavanaugh - the Leftists have already admitted - It's for Politics.

I've now asked 4 times ....... what if this happened to YOUR family?
YOUR Father, Husband, Son, Friend, Relative? Is that Hunky-Dory with YOU.

It's a question that Everyone needs to ask themselves ..... Is it really OK? OR do I base my decisions on Politics or MONEY?

Old 09-21-2018, 05:31 PM

17,339 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Ten old white guys who have no idea what it means to be a woman, especially one who was assaulted. Kangaroo court.
And you and a few others have absolutely no idea what it's like to be an "old" white guy who is being accused of sexual assault that allegedly happened 35 years ago without any proof and have your career and reputation ruined, but I bet you don't care about that.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:32 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
*** Ultimatum ***... 10:00pm EST tonight to hear from Team Ford or the vote is Monday.

Grassley Threatens Monday Kavanaugh Vote if Ford Does Not Testify

“It’s Friday night and nothing’s been agreed to despite our extensive efforts to make testimony possible,” the Iowa Republican said in a statement. “I’m extending the deadline for response yet again to 10 o’clock this evening. I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify. In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony. We cannot continue to delay.”
*** Current Response ***

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1043262085390450690

Old 09-21-2018, 05:32 PM

503 posts, read 772,027 times
I, for one, would love to see Feinstein questioned. Why did you hold the letter for so long? Why didn't you bring it up during your private session with Kavanaugh? Why wait until the 11th hour to leak it to the press? Indeed. Politics at it finest? This whole mess is hers.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:34 PM

17,339 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
I, for one, would love to see Feinstein questioned. Why did you hold the letter for so long? Why didn't you bring it up during your private session with Kavanaugh? Why wait until the 11th hour to leak it to the press? Indeed. Politics at it finest? This whole mess is hers.
She's going to pay by losing her Senate seat. Dems in CA don't like her anyway because she's not liberal enough for them, LOL.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

FBI does background investigations. Period. Certainly they could ask a few questions. I feel like they can handle it.

all they can do in this case is take a report.....take her side, his side and whatever names she mentioned and give the report to Congress. This can't be a criminal investigation.

by the evidence or lack of....the report would be very short, a couple of pages or 3.,,, they don't need the FBI for that. The Senate can take their sides under oath for the record.

wasting time with the FBI.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
all they can do in this case is take a report.....take her side, his side and whatever names she mentioned and give the report to Congress. This can't be a criminal investigation.

by the evidence or lack of....the report would be very short, a couple of pages or 3.,,, they don't need the FBI for that. The Senate can take their sides under oath for the record.

wasting time with the FBI.
Well, federal employees have too much time on their hands. Of course this is not a criminal investigation; I never said it was.

So, YES, they could take a couple of days and get statements .

Old 09-21-2018, 05:42 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,395 times
I would honestly be fine with the notion of Prof. Ford going live on the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, being sworn in by Judge Judy and spilling her guts right then and there. Perhaps even cap off the whole affair with giving Mitch McConnell the finger on-air to his arbitrary deadlines.

Nobody puts baby in the corner....

Last edited by take57; 09-21-2018 at 06:05 PM..

Old 09-21-2018, 05:43 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,262,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
*** Ultimatum ***... 10:00pm EST tonight to hear from Team Ford or the vote is Monday.

Grassley Threatens Monday Kavanaugh Vote if Ford Does Not Testify

“It’s Friday night and nothing’s been agreed to despite our extensive efforts to make testimony possible,” the Iowa Republican said in a statement. “I’m extending the deadline for response yet again to 10 o’clock this evening. I’m providing a notice of a vote to occur Monday in the event that Dr. Ford’s attorneys don’t respond or Dr. Ford decides not to testify. In the event that we can come to a reasonable resolution as I’ve been seeking all week, then I will postpone the committee vote to accommodate her testimony. We cannot continue to delay.”
That's not a "Threat" -- that a Reality.

Blasey-Ford has been talking to the Press with her accusations ..... Chuck Grassley hasn't even SEEN this famous "Letter". He offered all accommodation to her, but that's not what she wanted.

The Rubber hits the Road on Monday ....... the Democrats are totally responsible for this.
They think it's a cute Political Game and they can use it for VOTES.

They Doubled Down and they will LOSE ....... she either shows up on Monday OR there is no option but to believe her Fairy Tale was all a Political Stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies