Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 05:15 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The prominent Yale professor reported to have advised prospective female clerks of Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh to dress a certain way issued a statement on Saturday calling the allegations, "outrageous" and "100% false."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ective-n912226
Thank you for the update. Glad to learn she is not so ill to issue a denial. My BS meter goes off when I hear an attorney say a claim is "outrages" and I wonder when attorneys claim something is 100% false. Sure seemed to me elements behind this story were credible.

But perhaps in this case pure partisan politics drove the story.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:29 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I can see if she was violently raped that day, thrown into a metal shed for 2 months, with bugs crawling over her, given little food or water. (true story here, guy murdered the girl's boyfriend and kept the girl in a shed for 2 months). <-----This would cause lifetime trauma and through therapy, the victim could find out how to find some semblance of peace in life and maybe work through what happened.

But in this case with Blah-zee, what were her damages? What kind of therapy did she obtain for the last 35 years due to this supposed event? Did she file a police report back then? Did she talk to her friends about this? Why did she just recently come forward? Did they use a rape test kit to find his semen back then?

My gut says she is being coached by "someone" because they don't want Judge K... It all reared it's ugly head at an odd time...full force now and these delays and stalls are all part of this circus.
Imo, this is about stopping Kav. from reaching the USSC before the next election and nothing more. I`m sure Dr. Ford doesn't feel particularly proud of trying to destroy Kav. with false allegations.

However in her eyes and others that are like minded the end justifies the means.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
This is what practice grilling is supposed to do.

Get under your skin.

ONLY A LIAR needs "PRACTICE GRILLING"! And he's been "PRACTICING" for days and days, hasn't he?

Old 09-23-2018, 05:38 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
ONLY A LIAR needs "PRACTICE GRILLING"!
Nope. Kav. lawyers know full well the other side will be going after him with anything they think will stick.

This is especially true now that the others alleged to be at the party by Dr. Ford have denied any knowledge of the events.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
And where did you hear that a lifelong friend said this? I bet Faux News.
Have you really been following this saga or are you just picking and choosing what you would like to believe? This info that you think came from FOX was on CNN: you refer to his drinking problem? Where did that come from and you have referred to the letter she wrote to a congressman, but in reality it was a senator. You have every right to your opinion but please learn as much as you can about the entire story. You might be a little more credible.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yet, who is the one running to the WH every day for "Practice Sessions" ? Who has NOT taken and passed a POLYGRAPH? Which one is a known PERJURER, who thinks nothing of LYING UNDER OATH"?

‘Incredibly frustrated’: Inside the GOP effort to save Kavanaugh amid assault allegation

But Kavanaugh grew frustrated when it came to questions that dug into his private life, particularly his drinking habits and his sexual proclivities, according to three people familiar with the preparations, who requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. He declined to answer some questions altogether, saying they were too personal, these people said.
‘Incredibly frustrated’: Inside the GOP effort to save Kavanaugh amid assault allegation
Kavanaugh is not a "known perjurer." He has NOT "lied under oath." That may be your opinion, but that's all it is, and you have no proof.

The liar in this case is Ms. Ford, who has yet to find ONE witness to her claim. All four supposed 'witnesses' have said they have no knowledge of such an incident or party, and the latest says she doesn't even know Kavanaugh, and has never been to a party where Ford was in attendance "with or without Kavanaugh."

The woman's story is falling apart, which may be why she does not want to testify.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what does Trump have to do with this? the Trump obsession....was Trump at the party in 1982?

and so far Ford has no credibility......her story stinks and the way she came out on the 13th hour and surrounded herself with democrat political people brings more doubt to her story and motivation.
I am surprised the left hasn't decided this is all a Trump set up of some kind or have said, Trump was at the party dressed up to look like Kavanaugh.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Great argument for why there should be an FBI investigation about this!
Watch how this plays out for her, just like Anita Hill.
You are the star of the hour.... and then discarded..... USED for political gain.
You see it happen over and over.

This is going to hurt women that are really harmed, as it will be harder for people to take them seriously.

Yes, let her talk to the FBI... and then let Kavanaugh show he and he family were not even in the USA that summer.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:52 AM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Maybe she is ticked off to be drug into this muck. Or maybe, she knows Ford’s lying. According to one article this lady is married Bob Beckle, a Democratic podcaster, so it would be safe to assume she might be anti-Republican. It very possible they once had a coverasation where it was discussed that it would be awesome to take him down with an accusation of rape. I could see that being a what-if conversation between like minded friends. Maybe she was uncomfortable with the possibility of having to lie herself to Congress. Once you get there lying has serious consequences.
I don't think the witnesses want any part of this lest they receive death threats from one side or the other. Best to just claim they didnt know anything and being a lightning rod.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-23-2018 at 06:12 AM..

Old 09-23-2018, 05:55 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
https://twitter.com/KimStrassel/stat...80607174180864
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies