Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

And here's the other shoe

https://twitter.com/RonanFarrow/stat...11555115872256

Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Here's the problem. Now, it's all about perception, not facts. She'll put on her serious face, cry some and tell a heart wrenching story of how but for the grace of God, that monster almost raped her. She'll have until Wednesday now to practice her acting skills in front of a mirror and her attorney. She'll have no evidence unless the DNC and her attorney can convince someone to lie for her to back her up.

That's all she and the DNC want at this point. Make Kavanaugh look like a monster when he was 16 or 17 years old, never mind any real evidence.
At this point it won't matter, everyone knows she's a liar. I highly doubt she'll ever actually testify in front of a camera because the American people will know for sure that she's a liar.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:01 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not a Dr. Ford supporter --- while I think that her accusation may have some validity....I'm not sure it is enough to ruin Kavanaugh's career.

If he was 17, and I bet he was drinking...this one really bad incident -- does not sentence the man to being a sexual deviant for the rest of his lifedf. Making a mistake yup.......

BUT -- for those immediately dismissing her -- attacking her -- refusing to give her story any kind of traction, that's symptomatic of something else.

Steve King says that if this kind of story was considered bad -- no male could be on the Supreme Court.......WOW.......

I don't believe most of you guys -- even you Trump supporters --lol -- did that as a teen ager. But that kind of suggesting the behavior is no big deal is like the whole saying grabbing @@@@@@@ is no big deal. It is -- It's not normal. Most of the guys I know would never talk like that or act like that. It's not normal. It's not okay. It shouldn't be dismissed.

On this board, I expect males and females that feel they need to defend Trump for everything - -no matter how bad to justify his behavior or dismiss her ---but these politicians should be a little more finessed and acknowledge that Ford has a right to be heard. Kavanaugh has a right to be heard. Without dismissing either party.

End of story.

To the BOLD, GOOD GOD, she has refused, even to the point that she will not even accept people to come to her...she is afraid to fly, not enough time to get her story striaght.

Yes, let her be heard, but don't be mad when she has been given numerous attempts to be heard, then does not agree....

Old 09-23-2018, 06:04 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

Quote:
The New Yorker contacted Ramirez after learning of her possible involvement

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
Kavanaugh withdrawing is a disaster for the Democrats. Now you drive up GOP turnout in the midterms. If their goal was anyone but Kavanaugh I guess it works but if their goal was keep the seat vacant for two years this will miserably fail

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Quote:
For Ramirez, the sudden attention has been unwelcome, and prompted difficult choices. She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.
So we've now hit the portion in the smear campaign where more of these women are convinced to remember things and come forward... and they just happen to be women who are openly anti-Trump, pro-Democrat.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:06 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
There was no link yet when I made my other post. This is still developing. Darker areas of the internet are already calling it dildogate. lol

https://www.mediaite.com/online/drud...another-woman/
This it?

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...eborah-ramirez

Old 09-23-2018, 06:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
IF I had chosen to stay quiet 35 years ago, would I then come out 35 years later to tell it in an attempt to derail his SCOTUS nomination?
Maybe there are others that Kavanaugh attempted to rape, and they chose NOT to come forward, just as you said you wouldn't. Especially if they are government workers or involved in politics on the R side. It could derail their career.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:07 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure like Roy Moore’s accuser, I guess it’s too late. I’m thankful you’re not a judge on sexual assault cases.
Then you should be glad that Ford isn't a judge on sexual assault cases. She never came forward, allowing her alleged attacker to subject other girls to the same.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:09 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Kavanaugh withdrawing is a disaster for the Democrats. Now you drive up GOP turnout in the midterms. If their goal was anyone but Kavanaugh I guess it works but if their goal was keep the seat vacant for two years this will miserably fail
The irony that will hit the Dems in the tush is that Kananaugh was the least conservative out of the remaining 5 Trump was choosing from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies