Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 06:11 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,288,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The irony that will hit the Dems in the tush is that Kananaugh was the least conservative out of the remaining 5 Trump was choosing from.
They all have major character flaws though. I can’t imagine it won’t be a massive fight getting any of the others on

Old 09-23-2018, 06:11 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Then you should be glad that Ford isn't a judge on sexual assault cases. She never came forward, allowing her alleged attacker to subject other girls to the same.
It's grotesque that you would attack a then 15 year old for not having the strength to come forward in a society where even 35 years later, a judge just let a man escape from serving any jail time when he pled guilty to felony sexual assault for strangling a woman and masturbating on her.

Christine Blasey Ford was a victim, and it was not her responsibility to prevent what now appears to be a multiple sexual assaulter in Brett Kavanaugh from committing his offenses. It was his responsibility to not attempt to rape or sexually assault women.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,469,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Maybe there are others that Kavanaugh attempted to rape, and they chose NOT to come forward, just as you said you wouldn't. Especially if they are government workers or involved in politics on the R side. It could derail their career.
Jeez. Can you liberals twist words, or what?

I never said I wouldn't have come forward AT THE TIME. I specifically said that, as an innocent 15-year-old, I would have gone home crying to my mother, who would have convinced me to come forward - and for the reason you said: to stop him from possibly doing it to someone else.

I am saying that if I did what Ford did, which was to keep quiet for decades, would I then come forward with a story of assault 35 years later, saying I don't remember where it was or when it was, in an effort to try to take him down because I don't like his politics.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,379,196 times
The death throes of communism failing in this Representative Republic sure is ugly, but here we are...

Old 09-23-2018, 06:17 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,379,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's grotesque that you would attack a then 15 year old for not having the strength to come forward in a society where even 35 years later, a judge just let a man escape from serving any jail time when he pled guilty to felony sexual assault for strangling a woman and masturbating on her.

Christine Blasey Ford was a victim, and it was not her responsibility to prevent what now appears to be a multiple sexual assaulter in Brett Kavanaugh from committing his offenses. It was his responsibility to not attempt to rape or sexually assault women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Jeez. Can you liberals twist words, or what?

I never said I wouldn't have come forward AT THE TIME. I specifically said that, as an innocent 15-year-old, I would have gone home crying to my mother, who would have convinced me to come forward - and for the reason you said: to stop him from possibly doing it to someone else.

I am saying that if I did what Ford did, which was to keep quiet for decades, would I then come forward with a story of assault 35 years later, saying I don't remember where it was or when it was, in an effort to try to take him down because I don't like his politics.
It is not even this though; the witnesses she stated were there, including her friend, have stated they do not even recall the party. It goes beyond just the accusation, her witnesses do not even support the basic underlining premise that there was a party that it happened at.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:18 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,469,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It's grotesque that you would attack a then 15 year old for not having the strength to come forward in a society where even 35 years later, a judge just let a man escape from serving any jail time when he pled guilty to felony sexual assault for strangling a woman and masturbating on her. She was a victim, and it was not her responsibility to prevent what now appears to be a multiple sexual assaulter in Brett Kavanaugh from committing his offenses. It was his responsibility to not attempt to rape or sexually assault women.
No. I'm saying that if she didn't come forward as a 15-year-old, she should not have come forward with a story 35 years later when she has no evidence, no witnesses, and can't even state the time or place, knowing it will destroy his career,devastate his wife, and humiliate his children.

And you're saying that it was his responsibility not to attempt to rape - as if that's what happened. You're judge, jury, and executioner, and we haven't even heard any testimony. And worse - you're saying he's a multiple sexual assaulter? Why? Has someone else jumped on the bandwagon with an unsubstantiated accusation?

You're talking as if he's guilty.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:19 PM

19,468 posts, read 12,103,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Maybe there are others that Kavanaugh attempted to rape, and they chose NOT to come forward, just as you said you wouldn't. Especially if they are government workers or involved in politics on the R side. It could derail their career.
He wanted female clerks who looked a certain way. Then he would help them in their careers. Just sayin'.

19,573 posts, read 8,479,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
It sounds like another lie, but even if it were true, who cares.

Let's vote already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
So we've now hit the portion in the smear campaign where more of these women are convinced to remember things and come forward... and they just happen to be women who are openly anti-Trump, pro-Democrat.
I an others called it days ago, predicted that as the current accusation falls apart, mysteriously other ones will pop up, all vague, all with an underlying story that can never be confirmed nor denied, shielding anyone from punishment about lying, yet easily smearing Kavanaugh despite absurdly lack of evidence to support the accusation.

Was also expecting people to fall from the sky backing Ford's claims, but surprisingly it has not happened yet, though a classmate tried with her "I heard a rumor" claim.

Old 09-23-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
He wanted female clerks who looked a certain way. Then he would help them in their careers. Just sayin'.
When did he say that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies