Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 08:39 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,961,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Alcohol doesn't release anything that wasn't already there. Take that from someone who has been clean and sober for 32 years and counting.

Alcohol is not an excuse here, any more than is would be if he had run over somebody while drunk.
I agree. However she admitted she willingly participated in a drinking game. A drinking game where the point was to get as intoxicated as possible. People do stupid things when they are intoxicated. She admitted she was on the floor, slurring and does not have complete memories from that night. I am sure she would not say she was a closet drunk TODAY just because she drank in excess in college.
My question was, if she was going for a job interview now in her 50's (after I assume a clean adult life) and her new employer said that they were told she had once been intoxicated on the floor slurring during a drinking game party in her early 20's therefore disqualified for the job, would she find that fair??

Old 09-24-2018, 08:39 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
For those who haven't read about Kavanaugh's lies posted earlier in this thread and who have difficulty doing an internet search, here are a few articles to get you started.

Russ Feingold: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b013b0977defff

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...eme-court.html

https://lawandcrime.com/supreme-cour...was-appointed/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.4d444f70205f

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brett-...mas-before-him

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ions-2-726028/

This should get you up to speed.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-24-2018 at 08:51 AM..

Old 09-24-2018, 08:41 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,171,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If his nomination is withdrawn he absolutely should sue her and this second woman. It is not vindictive to want to clear your name. If he sues them they will be testifying under oath without the title “victim” to protect them from hard questions. What is more, there will be no demanding of special considerations - they will be sitting in the same room with him.

Who else would have standing to sue these women for defamation of character? Is it just Kavanaugh or what is considered an aggrieved party ? I would bet you dollars to doughnuts that a good investigative team would turn up influence and funding by dem organizations/donors which where the real money would be.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:44 AM

21,687 posts, read 9,250,912 times
How Democrats have hijacked the SCOTUS process

Mark Levin: 'Democrats Have Hijacked the Judicial Confirmation Process' | Fox News Insider

Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM

88,598 posts, read 44,302,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is a in-depth job interview with a background check, not a criminal court case.
And that's why yet another FBI background check on Kavanaugh will yield nothing that disqualifies him.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 AM

3,838 posts, read 1,961,496 times
Back in the late 90's I used to hang out at Princeton University basically every weekend (boyfriend there) and they had a ritutal where basically the whole campus ran around outside naked. It was basically an organized event. I saw way too many penises (and other body parts) some that I still can see and repulses me lol.. Should everyone who participated be banned from important jobs? I am sure there are MANY high ranking people who attended Princeton who ran around campus drunk during these "naked parties".
Edit to say.. it seems "naked" was okay at the Ivy's back then (is it still??)

"Princeton is not the only university that has to deal with nude antics. At Harvard, come finals time, many students participate in something called the Primal Scream.
''It's crazy,'' a Harvard sophomore, Michael Lin, said. ''People gather in Harvard Yard, take off all their clothes and run twice round the paths, screaming at the tops of their lungs. It's very dark, but hundreds of people gather to watch, and the clothed crowd kind of circles along with the runners.''
At Yale, ''there is lots of small-scale spontaneous nudity,'' said a sophomore, William Taft. ''There used to be something called the Saybrook Strip, at football games, and there's a group called the Pundits, who do a nude run through the library.''
So what makes college students want to bare their all on one of the coldest nights of the year?
''It's a reaction against this staid Ivy environment,'' a Princeton sociology professor suggested. ''Some rituals are organized to seek relief from the values of the group. Here you're supposed to be sober young citizens preparing to be future leaders, then one night you say, 'Nuts!' and take off all your clothes.''

Old 09-24-2018, 08:47 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,646,950 times
This circus must come to an end. This is a disgrace to USA, all the world think we are lunatics. Vote and end this craziness.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:48 AM

88,598 posts, read 44,302,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It is most certainly an election year and it is certainly hyper partisan
Bless your heart... 2018 is NOT a presidential election year. Trump still has all the rest of 2018 and 2019 to nominate SCOTUS Justices under the same parameters exhibited by the GOP in 2016.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:49 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,082,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Back in the late 90's I used to hang out at Princeton University basically every weekend (boyfriend there) and they had a ritutal where basically the whole campus ran around outside naked. It was basically an organized event. I saw way too many penises (and other body parts) some that I still can see and repulses me lol.. Should everyone who participated be banned from important jobs? I am sure there are MANY high ranking people who attended Princeton who ran around campus drunk during these "naked parties".
Only if they were dragging women into rooms, lying on top of them, trying to force themselves on them.

Yes... that might be cause not to hire them to INTERPRET THE US CONSTITUTION FOR THE ENTIRE COUNTRY.

Call me picky, but damn.

There have GOT to be better candidates from the GOP.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,082,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
This circus must come to an end. This is a disgrace to USA, all the world think we are lunatics. Vote and end this craziness.
It's pretty crazy to be considering a guy who has been accused by more than one woman of inappropriate behavior without investigating first.

If he wanted to preserve US dignity, he'd step down and let Trump nominate someone with less baggage.

I mean, Gorsuch got appointed without any problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies