Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
How many of these posters that are anti-Ford and Ramirez have daughters or any children?
I think probably none of them
Because their almost pathological distrust of women comes through in their posts
Their expecting perfection from any woman or girl who would find herself in situation similar to Ford's--the requirement to use exactly the right response, to be perfectly poised in making the right decision at the right time, to emerge like Wonder Woman using her magic bracelets to ward off the dangers coming her way...

And I think it would be unlikely that a father would really show that animosity considering the fact that a 15 year old girl COULD be taken advantage of and yet not tell anyone about it for decades...

I am a parent--my daugher now is close to 40--and I think we have a good relationship but I know most things she keeps to herself like any adult does but sometimes she does need someone to share hard times or happy times and she talks to us
We worked for years when she was small up through her teens and young adult life trying to treat her with respect, tried never to lie to her or have her lie to us, to set reasonable boundaries but encourage her to think for herself and take responsibility...

So as a parent who worked hard to be there for my daughter and to have her trust me,
it would make me very sad-- to know that my daughter had that happen to her and didn't want Me to have a bad opinion of her judgement or her behavior in getting into such a dangerous and tawdry situation that she would not want to tell us--her parents...when she had something so traumatic happen to her...

So I just wonder how all these posters would react if they discovered their sister or their mom or their daughter or even their son (because it certainly can happen to guys) had something similar happen to them...and they kept it to themselves...
Would you believe them?
That's really my biggest take-away from a lot of these comments. Especially for those that say X amount of time is too long to report on these things.

I'd love to know how many would feel the same if it were their child making the claim.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
How many of these posters that are anti-Ford and Ramirez have daughters or any children?
Because their almost pathological distrust of women comes through in their posts
Their expecting perfection from any woman or girl who would find herself in situation similar to Ford's--the requirement to use exactly the right response, to be perfectly poised in making the right decision at the right time, to emerge like Wonder Woman using her magic bracelets to ward off the dangers coming her way...

And I think it would be unlikely that a father would really show that animosity considering the fact that a 15 year old girl COULD be taken advantage of and yet not tell anyone about it for decades...

I am a parent--my daugher now is close to 40--and I think we have a good relationship but I know most things she keeps to herself like any adult does but sometimes she does need someone to share hard times or happy times and she talks to us
We worked for years when she was small up through her teens and young adult life trying to treat her with respect, tried never to lie to her or have her lie to us, to set reasonable boundaries but encourage her to think for herself and take responsibility...

So as a parent who worked hard to be there for my daughter and to have her trust me,
it would make me very sad-- to know that my daughter had that happen to her and didn't want Me to have a bad opinion of her judgement or her behavior in getting into such a dangerous and tawdry situation that she would not want to tell us--her parents...when she had something so traumatic happen to her...

So I just wonder how all these posters would react if they discovered their sister or their mom or their daughter or even their son (because it certainly can happen to guys) had something similar happen to them...and they kept it to themselves...
Would you believe them?
I'm not anti-Ford or anti-Ramirez, I'm anti liar. I have children, I teach them not to lie especially when it comes to things like this which could destroy a person's life and family.

I just don't see how any honest person could buy these stories, a person would have to be a completely willing moron to believe these 2 women and their unsubstantiated claims, especially the Ramirez nutjob. Somehow Brett Kavanaugh had the forethought 30+ years ago to attack and abuse 2 future George Soros paid, pink ***** hat wearing left wing activist. He's a damn psychic.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:45 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
I just watched the interview of Michael Avenatti on Maddow Show.

No wonder the urgent rush here to discredit Avenatti.

Within 48 hours is what he promised.

If 10% of what he is claiming is true GOP should withdraw this candidate and refer him to criminal Court to stand on the other side of the bench.

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm not anti-Ford or anti-Ramirez, I'm anti liar. I have children, I teach them not to lie especially when it comes to things like this which could destroy a person's life and family.

I just don't see how any honest person could buy these stories, a person would have to be a completely willing moron to believe these 2 women and their unsubstantiated claims, especially the Ramirez nutjob. Somehow Brett Kavanaugh had the forethought 30+ years ago to attack and abuse 2 future George Soros paid, pink ***** hat wearing left wing activist. He's a damn psychic.

Bill Cosby
Harvey Weinstein
Catholic church

All thought the same as you.

"These old claims of sexual abuse can't be proven. No sweat!"

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:

Would you believe them?
It is more than not telling anyone, every named witness does not support their stories.

At what point do you not believe a claim?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bill Cosby
Harvey Weinstein
Catholic church

All 3 of the cases you mentioned were flooded with evidence and weren't politically motivated. Cosby's accusers didn't call the DNC, they called the police. Harvey's accusers didn't call Maxine Waters, they called the cops.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:47 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Bill Cosby
Harvey Weinstein
Catholic church

Those three, unlike Ford and Ramirez, had supporting evidence.

Old 09-24-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

If 10% of what he is claiming is true GOP should withdraw this candidate and refer him to criminal Court to stand on the other side of the bench.
If he had something that juicy why would he wait 48 hours to release it? Isn't this about justice?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:49 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
None of the claims qualify to be investigated by the FBI. They are all too vague and out of their jurisdiction
You are being purposely obtruse...
The FBI would not investigate these allegations for a criminal complaint
They would investigate them like they do ALL Justice nominees, Cabinet nominees and other WH appointments like staffers and Ambassadors---
Because that is their job
To properly vet people who represent the government of the US for certain levels of employment

There was an FBI investigation of Ronnie Jackson for the President's appointment to the VA and he already worked in the WH and had been investigated for that job already

They investigated Rob Porter for his security clearance and that is when they discovered he had distinct history of violence toward women--the FBI--imagine that
Because of the FBI's inability to certify that Porter had a squeaky clean background he worked at the WH in a position he was not rated for for months--before being forced to leave since he couldn't get the clearance he needed to have access to the type of material that crossed his desk to be routed to Trump

The SAME SITUATION existed with Anita Hill's allegations against Clarence Thomas
The FBI had completed its investigation but a staffer contacted Anita Hill and asked her point blank about Thomas's fitness to be Supreme Court Justice...Hill's allegations mean the FBI was told to conduct further investigations into Hill's accusations...
They went BACK and interviewed people they had not interviewed before
Because they were told to
Not because they tried to make a criminal case against Clarence Thomas...

Being obtruse is not a good look--
Avoid that...

Old 09-24-2018, 10:51 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post

Avenatti is not a guy Pubs want bird-dogging allegations against their boy Kavanaugh.

But that's exactly where they are.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies