Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
For some reason, this won't let me quote your post. Anyway, that doesn't look like her at all. Compare that pic to this one:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...7140429856.jpg
You are correct. The photo being shared in conservative media with Ford and Soros is a fake and a phony.

So, of course, conservatives are sharing it here on CD.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:56 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
"I DO NOT RECALL" means in no way, shape, form, or fashion that it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

It's basic English.
It means provided there is no other evidence to support, it did not happen. Prove...PROVE it happened. All witnesses, every.single.one. has stated they do not recall such event. In the civilized world, that means without further evidence, the event did not occur. Accusers are the ones who have the burden of proof upon them.

You are wanting to persecute Kavanaugh off the basis that not a single witness can even state the party happened, but in your world that means it did happen because they do not recall.

I am sure you would love to say, be accused of child molestation, and convicted based on similar evidence...would you like that?

Old 09-25-2018, 05:56 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
She never named him in 2012.

The story is dismissed because, well, we will dismiss the timing all together, but the timing is fine, that is on Feinstein. But what undermined the claim, thus any reason to investigate is that every named witness, including her life long friend, said it did not happen, not even the party happened. As of now, it is a baseless accusation, and in my opinion, such things should not be investigated nor hold up such processes.
How exactly is it "baseless"? His life long friend said it didn't happen or he can't remember?
The reasons you give are exactly WHY it should be investigated further.
Dr Ford reported something happened to her so shouldn't we try our best to find out what it was or should we dismiss it and confirm Kavanaugh? Without a proper investigation it will hang over his head forever...you know did he or didn't he?

When he is confirmed without further investigation whenever the supreme court makes a decision I will always question the judge's decisions if this isn't cleared up.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:57 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
You are correct. The photo being shared in conservative media with Ford and Soros is a fake and a phony.

So, of course, conservatives are sharing it here on CD.

It's up to you to prove it's phony....prove it....
Or it's true......

Old 09-25-2018, 05:59 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
They do not recall the party, which means unless you or someone presents evidence of such, means it did not occur. Ford's friend went even further and stated "does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford.” Her friend cannot even remember meeting Kavanaugh, ever. That is usually something someone is not going to forget

So, in your world, someone makes a claim and with zero supporting evidence of any kind, the accused is guilty?

You are just one of those who let politics guide you, in that you truly think the ends justify the means, meaning that whatever it takes to prevent Kavanaugh from being nominated, you are all for, even with out any evidence what so ever.
Let's not play with each other. This administration is the most political in history. The Supreme Court can claim it isn't political, but it's just as politically biased as our legislature. Every decision is 5-4 now. To the Trump administration and apparently many Trump supporters, it doesn't matter what a candidate is doing or has done, it makes no difference how heinous their actions, as long as they are a Republican or a blindly loyal Trump follower, that's all that matters. I believe many of them don't even care if the woman was sexually assaulted. Evidence, no evidence, it makes no difference. They want Kavanaugh shoved through confirmation anyway. Why? Because Trump wants him, they want him too, and that's all that matters. I will remind you that even if there is no scintilla of evidence, it does not mean that Judge Kavanaugh did not assault Dr. Blasey; it only means it doesn't meet the legal standard for guilt. Many women never report their sexual assault. It's embarrassing, traumatic, and frightening and when it happens, they want to, or at least try, to forget about it.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
It means provided there is no other evidence to support, it did not happen. Prove...PROVE it happened. All witnesses, every.single.one. has stated they do not recall such event. In the civilized world, that means without further evidence, the event did not occur. Accusers are the ones who have the burden of proof upon them.

You are wanting to persecute Kavanaugh off the basis that not a single witness can even state the party happened, but in your world that means it did happen because they do not recall.

I am sure you would love to say, be accused of child molestation, and convicted based on similar evidence...would you like that?
Oh for Christ sakes. It absolutely doesn't mean that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Have you ever attended a deposition or testimony?

I didn't think so.

Stop wasting my time and study the meaning of the phrase.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:02 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,412,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
shooting for post 7777....
Sorry, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
How exactly is it "baseless"? His life long friend said it didn't happen or he can't remember?
The reasons you give are exactly WHY it should be investigated further.
Dr Ford reported something happened to her so shouldn't we try our best to find out what it was or should we dismiss it and confirm Kavanaugh? Without a proper investigation it will hang over his head forever...you know did he or didn't he?

When he is confirmed without further investigation whenever the supreme court makes a decision I will always question the judge's decisions if this isn't cleared up.
It is baseless because she offers zero supporting evidence, and even the evidence she does offer, witnesses, do not recall such event with her friend even going further and stating she never even knew him.

If I say now, go right to the police and say "sindey attempted to rape me", do you think there is grounds for such a claim? Or do you think it is a baseless claim? DO you want a job you are applying for to get held up over such claim? And the witnesses I claim, including my friend, cannot even recall such event that I claimed it occurred? You think a full investigation should be instigated over such claim I make? You think resources should be spent over claims, even when presented evidence counters and/or does not support the claim?

How does this impact your thought on a decision? Either you agree or disagree with a decision, it is in a vacuum.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:03 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,212,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let's not play with each other. This administration is the most political in history. The Supreme Court can claim it isn't political, but it's just as politically biased as our legislature. Every decision is 5-4 now. To the Trump administration and apparently many Trump supporters, it doesn't matter what a candidate is doing or has done, it makes no difference how heinous their actions, as long as they are a Republican or a blindly loyal Trump follower, that's all that matters. I believe many of them don't even care if the woman was sexually assaulted. Evidence, no evidence, it makes no difference. They want Kavanaugh shoved through confirmation anyway. Why? Because Trump wants him, they want him too, and that's all that matters. I will remind you that even if there is no scintilla of evidence, it does not mean that Judge Kavanaugh did not assault Dr. Blasey; it only means it doesn't meet the legal standard for guilt. Many women never report their sexual assault. It's embarrassing, traumatic, and frightening and when it happens, they want to, or at least try, to forget about it.
Boy do you over exaggerate. Calm down, take an asprin and have a cookie.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Oh for Christ sakes. It absolutely doesn't mean that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Have you ever attended a deposition or testimony?

I didn't think so.

Stop wasting my time and study the meaning of the phrase.
What is this woman so scared of?
It isn't like she is testifying against the Clintons.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:06 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
And has been for a couple decades. And not every decision is "5-4".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies