Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 06:10 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Let's not play with each other. This administration is the most political in history. The Supreme Court can claim it isn't political, but it's just as politically biased as our legislature. Every decision is 5-4 now. To the Trump administration and apparently many Trump supporters, it doesn't matter what a candidate is doing or has done, it makes no difference how heinous their actions, as long as they are a Republican or a blindly loyal Trump follower, that's all that matters. I believe many of them don't even care if the woman was sexually assaulted. Evidence, no evidence, it makes no difference. They want Kavanaugh shoved through confirmation anyway. Why? Because Trump wants him, they want him too, and that's all that matters. I will remind you that even if there is no scintilla of evidence, it does not mean that Judge Kavanaugh did not assault Dr. Blasey; it only means it doesn't meet the legal standard for guilt. Many women never report their sexual assault. It's embarrassing, traumatic, and frightening and when it happens, they want to, or at least try, to forget about it.
As I posted before, I have zero care about Kavanaugh, he can get voted in or not, jump off a cliff or not, I do not care at all on any level about him and this court thing.

However, I do care about a person being dragged through the coals and such claims with zero supporting evidence, and while I understand the rank and file being all riled up politically to persecute Kavanaugh, it is unacceptable for elected representative to presume guilt, and wanting him to prove innocence. I also think the claim is so unsupported, even countered by evidence, that such a process should not be held up.

I sure as hell would never, ever want something like this to happen to me, someone I do not even know make such a claim, and despite zero evidence, half the damn country think i am guilty with a mindset of "prove you are innocent", all because of what, disagreeing with my politics? Ridiculous.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:14 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
LOL. This is great. The GOP sees the minefield ahead, and their response isnt to stop and observe things to avoid them, but to run full speed into it.

Self inflicted wounds.

They should have picked someone clean like they did with Gorsuch. Because honestly I think they will lose a couple votes, and even after spending all this capital they will have to go back to the drawing board. They would have been better off picking someone else.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:15 PM

348 posts, read 255,916 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...Wo&app=desktop

Worth listening to the great Joe Biden about an FBI investigation.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:17 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
I am beginning to see the reason that some of the more qualified and respected politicians do not want to hold office. Everyone has a skeleton in their closet and they realize it is not worth their past being thrown out into the publics eye. let he who is without sin cast the first stone...……...

Old 09-25-2018, 06:20 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What bull hockey lol.

She clearly did not feel comfortable with answering the question for whatever reason...…...understandable.

If you look at the video, she looked to her husband and signaled him to answer. He did.

No one is marginalizing her.

She's not a politician. She's not a lawyer.

I doubt she has ever been interviewed or been in a situation remotely resembling the one she was in during this interview.

She's hardly in a Sunken Place.
She s the wife of a powerful judge. She should at least appear powerful. Not a handmaid.
Or maybe its that powerful male syndrome who controls everything like trump controls his animatronic wife melania.

Why doesnt Kav say , I want the American people to hear see and know I am innocent of these accusations and will serve America well.
???

It s all about himmmmmm.

Nuther jerk who WILL NOT be told he CANT HAVE SOMETHING HE WANTS AND IS ENTITLED TOO.

Even tho he is NOT entitled to be a Supreme Court Justice just because he was nominated by anyone.
Even tho he is NOT entitled to sexually assault a woman just because she is drunk..altho our fearless President thinks otherwise and that anyone is surprised at his new attack position on this.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:21 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
"I DO NOT RECALL" means in no way, shape, form, or fashion that it DIDN'T HAPPEN.

It's basic English.
Right...just ask Hillary.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,484 times
What a charade. This may please their base but will galvanize the Independents, Dems, women and all supporters of the #MeToo movement to come out in retaliation for not taking Kavanaugh's accusers seriously. They can ignore the accusers all they want, but the polls show most Americans want a fair hearing and investigation. 'Plowing' Kavanaugh through despite all the allegations and his low disapproval rating is going to haunt the GOP bigly.

I can't wait until the third accuser comes out tomorrow!

Last edited by kimchee; 09-25-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 06:27 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Ramirez will not show up on Thursday ........ that pesky "oath to tell the truth under penalty of perjury" strikes again.

Feinstein says she can't guarantee that Dr Ford will even show up Thursday -- same deal with the OATH + she only wants those Evil White Men to "question" her .......s that was a MAJOR part of the entire Plan for the Leftists - the visual of all those nasty MEN daring to question a poor, poor,poor woman .... makes you want to cry.

Turns out that Dr Ford and her TEAM of 4 Lawyers ..... ALL of them Leftist Activists, including the same Lawyer that took down Robert Bork and attempted to take down Clarence Thomas ...... are very much against ANY woman asking questions of Dr Ford. They haven't said how they plan to keep to GOP Female Senators from asking Dr Ford any questions.

Interesting that Dr Ford and her TEAM of 4 Resistance Activist Lawyers demand veto power over the press - THEY demand to choose exactly what press will be allowed.

Team FORD has been running scared and talking again today of "postponement" -- that's not happening.
She is either shows up (with all her "witnesses" named saying "that never happened" -- or she takes her marbles and runs back to California. The Rubber Meets the Road on Thursday - I won't be surprised to see a vote on Thursday evening or Friday.

The Leftists Gambled big time ...... as the Gambler said - "Know when to walk away, know when to run".

The NORMAL PEOPLE in the United States of America absolutely believe in a Founding Premise of "Presumed Innocent, until Proven Guilty" ...... Dictatorships, Totalitarian and Banana Rebublics do it the way that the Leftists are insisting that the "norms" don't apply here ...... because a Woman accuses a MAN and SHE must be believed and he has to defend a negative.

I don't think this will fly -- Too many women with Husbands, Fathers, Sons understand that they are now Targets if this is allowed. Too many MEN understand they are TARGETS will no possible defense if a Woman that they have never even heard of makes ANY type of Accusation.

They can, and WILL ruin lives ....... because they can, because they want to
Truth doesn't matter -- the "accusation" is all that matters. It matters because of Ideology.
In this particular case - because of the President the Leftists don't want, because of a 45 year old settled Supreme Court Decision and because of a Mid-Term Election that the Leftists believe this is their best play.
It's Disgusting.

Dangerous Times we live in ...... Remember in November. Is this the "new norm"
OR ...... are we still a Nation of Law? Think seriously about that -- It's a Time for Choosing.

Last edited by Kibby; 09-25-2018 at 06:36 PM..

Old 09-25-2018, 06:28 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And what does what his room mate have to say mean anything at all? How many of us had room mates that were hardly our best friends and room mates that hold a grudge for a million different reasons for the rest of their lives.
By the way, if Kavanagh was belligerent and a heavy drinker in college, that has zero affect on how he will be as a Supreme Court Justice.
Ding Ding Ding… we have a winner and a person of logic

I drank heavily in college and cleaned up my act when I grew up. Yep - I still enjoy some adult beverages but guess what -- what I did in college has nothing to do with the person I am in my late 40's. Nothing. Brett Kavanaugh is going to make a fine Supreme Court justice, and I hope he gets in on a 50 to 50 tie with Pence casting the deciding vote. Just to drive the left even more crazy than they already are.

Old 09-25-2018, 06:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
What a charade. This may please their base but will galvanize the Independents, Dems, women and all supporters of the #MeToo movement to come out in retaliation for not taking Kavanaugh's accusers seriously.

I can't wait until the third accuser comes out tomorrow!

Nope, even their base doesnt like this with more of them against this, then for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/u...districts.html

Quote:
Over all, 44 percent of likely voters in the districts said they supported Mr. Kavanaugh’s nomination, with 45 percent opposed. Among all registered voters, 40 percent supported Mr. Kavanaugh, and 43 percent were opposed.

In other words, this doesn't even represent the will of their base. Given that.....why are they pushing it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies