Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 07:16 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
at least he has come forward and faced the music and is willing to answer all questions under oath.........why doesn't Ford do the same and see her husband's look when she answers questions.

my bet, Ford doesn't show up......she is afraid of a female prosecutor expert in Sexual abuse asking her questions.
This reminds me of the conduct of the "victims" in the Howard Beach "attacks" when coached by Sharpton, Mason and Maddox, as well as Tawana Brawley. The "victims" made their accusations in the media and didn't want to be questioned by the police or prosecutors, who could have given them justice. It's what phonies do all the time.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 AM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
But they really aren't. The senate Judiciary Committee scheduled the vote on his confirmation for Friday morning, which gives zero time for actual investigation into the accusations. The GOP is being really shortsighted about this whole thing. This so called "investigation" is all a show. How do they even know the testimony will be done in a day? Whether Kavanaugh is guilty or he isn't, anyone with half a brain can now see what their real attitude is toward sexual assault victims, especially considering Mitch McConnell and Trump's comments. Not only will their lack of concern about what really happened affect their professional lives, it may affect the Republican party going forward by alienating voters who might have otherwise voted Republican.
You are not understanding committee rule. A vote must be put on the schedule a certain number of hours before a vote, I believe it is 72 hours but I could be wrong. It can be cancelled if they decide they need extra time to investigate. It’s like making OB appointments while you are in your ninth month of pregnancy, you wouldn’t assume that means you aren’t allowed to have the baby because of it, that would be ludicrous as any fool knows you can always cancel the appointment.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. The Dems were complaining about her being interviewed by 11 old white men (ageism and sexism right there), so the Rs hired a woman. Now the D's are complaining about THAT. The truth is that they wanted old white men to question her because then they could twist that around to their advantage.
And instead of showing up the Dems' concerns and proving to America that they were up to the task of respectfully interviewing Dr Ford, they decided to hide behind a skirt.

Hiring an Aunt Lydia so they could cower in the background.

Senate Pubs; not a profile in courage.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:21 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
But they really aren't. The Senate Judiciary Committee scheduled the vote on his confirmation for Friday morning, which gives zero time for actual investigation into the accusations. The GOP is being really shortsighted about this whole thing. This so called "investigation" is all a show. How do they even know the testimony will be done in a day? Whether Kavanaugh is guilty or he isn't, anyone with half a brain can now see what their real attitude is toward sexual assault victims, especially considering Mitch McConnell and Trump's comments. Not only will their lack of concern about what really happened affect their professional lives, it may affect the party going forward by alienating voters who might have otherwise voted Republican.

Nonsense. Anyone with half a brain can see that this has been an orchestrated smear campaign with the sole purpose to delay and obstruct. The hearing will take less than 4 hours. The format is defined. Only Kav and Ford have unlimited time for a personal statement. This wallflower Ford that is afraid to even show up will not hold up more than ten minutes. Fact is, the hearing has already been held in the press over the last few weeks. She either testifies what has been said all along in which case there is no new info to process, or she testifies something different in which case her credibility is out the window. She can't keep changing the details of her story and expect anyone to believe it. So now apparently she spoke about this to 3 other pals in the past when the story the last few weeks was she had never spoke of it to anyone.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:23 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Cool "It's what phonies do all the time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This reminds me of the conduct of the "victims" in the Howard Beach "attacks" when coached by Sharpton, Mason and Maddox, as well as Tawana Brawley. The "victims" made their accusations in the media and didn't want to be questioned by the police or prosecutors, who could have given them justice. It's what phonies do all the time.

Somehow you've missed the reality that it's the accusers wanting an FBI investigation into their claims, while Kavanaugh and his Pub protectors refuse to allow it.

Trumplings understand completely why that is.

So does everyone else.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Since this has been reported the frequent cry was how unfair a hearing would be because a bunch of old white guys, who can’t possibly understand what it like to be a sexual assault victim, would be grilling her. So they addressed that concern. They should be appaulded for hearing everyone’s concerns and doing something to alleviate the issue. It’s not like they can suddenly morph into females familiar with sexual assault victimization themselves.

I would think everyone would be happy with the prospect of a prosecutor experienced in sexual assault cases questioning the alleged accused, Judge Kavanaugh.

They are PO'ed, because there is no angle to politicize her questioning. A big sigh from the left, as the wind was let out of the sail.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I read an article on Fox news this a.m. saying how she has a few people the "corroborate" her story starting in 2012 with her husband. First, the only thing they can corroborate is what she said, they cannont say that it happened. The people that she said were there cannont even say that they were there.

Second, what struck me was how concerned she was 4-6 years ago that he would get the SC nomination - she said this a few years ago. Why at that point did she not go to the FBI? If she is pining for a FBI investigation - she should have gone there first - not to her elected officials. She is a well educated lady - surely that would have occurred to her. That is why I think this is a crock.
I'm reserving judgement on Dr. Ford's credibility until after she is interviewed by the Senate Judiciary committee on Thursday. Let's hear what she has to say in a public setting.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:27 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
So, now we are going to disqualify people based on drinking too much in high school or college? You do know that the phrases “too much” or “hardly any” means it is their opinion, or at best assessment, of the amount, not their factual statement, right?

When it comes to drinking yes there is a big difference between 'too much" and "hardly any". You are not talking about how much you used to eat chocolate or drink coffee you are talking about booze. I don't really care how much sex he had or did not have when he was in high school. As his stories on Fox don't seem to be true, I believe his defense stories are BS too and on the top of that he sounds really desperate by giving this kind of defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
"He drank more than he said he did" is the refuge of someone who knows the sexual assault charges against him are full of hot air. Kavanaugh will not be voted down over his college drinking habits. That's just a weak swing on the way down to the mat.

Not to mention, Hillary was pretty much drinking like a full blown alcoholic during her presidential campaign and that didn't even make her supporters blink. Hard to get all high and mighty about that now.

Not more but a whole lot more. and this certainly tells me how seriously I should consider his calendar. I only care about his drinking claim because that makes me suspicious about his other stories. As there is absolutely no connection with Hillary's drinking and Brett's drinking I do not care about that.

Anyway it is clear to me his supporters and GOP don't care about finding out the truth anyway and his supporters are pretty sure these are just false accusations so have a nice day in your cage and I am done with this thread.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Somehow you've missed the reality that it's the accusers wanting an FBI investigation into their claims, while Kavanaugh and his Pub protectors refuse to allow it.

Trumplings understand completely why that is.

So does everyone else.

So, let me get this straight. You "progressives" have been sexualizing children at younger and younger ages, for decades. Right in conjunction with the Women's Sexual Revolution Movement.
Look what has bred from the wedding!
Just a couple of years ago, you guys were pushing for boys to be let into the girls locker rooms and rest rooms.
Make up you friggin minds loony tunes.
What did you think was going to happen, from the culture created and then calling it out decades later and you guys created it.

Old 09-26-2018, 07:30 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Generalize much? Good grief. Your sexual history is not the same as every other conservatives. And Ford's sexual history is not the same as every other liberal's. Besides, neither women accused him of being assaulted via sexual intercourse. There are many other ways to be sexually assaulted, you know.

Exactly my point....so why is it o.k. for people you agree with (the person I quoted) to say it's weird that he is a virgin? Why not go disagree with them and say the same thing....oh wait, you agree with him...but lets see...you might....

What I quoted is below:
Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_1976
This guy is looking more and more another Trump. Now he is going to show his calendar from 1982 claiming he didn't go to that party because it is not listed there A high schooler keeping notes of all of his booze parties

He also claimed on Fox he was not drinking much when he was young. One of his drinking buddy already saying that is pretty much a lie because Brett used to drink a lot.

Also very odd is his claim on Fox that he was pretty much a virgin in high school and many years after. what is wrong with this guy. He obviosly is behaving like a real politician and has no place at the top bench.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/u...-calendar.html

https://nypost.com/2018/09/24/brett-...n-high-school/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies