Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 01:25 PM

17,347 posts, read 11,293,931 times

Advertisements

And BTW, even if Kananaugh comes out squeeky clean, not one Democrat's mind will be changed as to how they will vote.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hee hee what's exculpatory?? hee hee whats perjury ?? .
It's gross how you think its okay to treat woman lole they're idiots. She has a PhD in psychology, I'm sure Dr. Ford knows a whole lot more about how this all works then you do.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:26 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You want to investigate her but you also want to call off the Mueller investigation because you know for a fact Trump is innocent. After all, Sean Hannity told you such. Double standard much?
Cute, but when have I suggested calling off the Mueller investigation? No, instead, I have called for it to be expanded, to investigate the DNC, members of the FBI, as well as the media to be investigated for colluding to influence a presidential election. I don't think the investigation of Trump should end, IF there is any credible evidence to investigate. But I do think every other individual and organization should be investigated as well.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I wonder if Christine Ford has a split personality. She spoke like a little girl with a baby voice ("What does exculpatory mean?") but when asked about her academic area of expertise, she quickly turned into an educated adult with a deeper voice. Of course she might have been acting.

Her couple's counseling was related to her sex life with her husband. I've wondered if she was molested by a relative or family friend when she was young but it was too traumatic to consciously acknowledge. So she created this incident in her head. After all, her own 'witnesses' basically called her a liar. So it makes sense if she was molested as a child she would avoid sex as much as possible

There is also information out there that she had a troubled school life so her parents either shipped her to California or they all moved. What happened? Was she binge drinking as her yearbook seemed to indicate? Hanging out with the wrong crowd? Going to parties with older boys?
After Kavanaugh is confirmed I bet more info will come out because people will feel safe to speak. Would anyone be shocked if she announced she was a lesbian? Stranger things have happened.
This above is really outrageous, with multiple unfounded ugly implications and obvious efforts to smear.

You must be quite desperate, to engage in that sort of thing. What are you so frightened of?

Old 09-28-2018, 01:27 PM

18,467 posts, read 8,292,857 times
do you libs realize the woman you want the FBI to investigate....all of her witnesses said she was lying

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's gross how you think its okay to treat woman lole they're idiots. She has a PhD in psychology, I'm sure Dr. Ford knows a whole lot more about how this all works then you do.
You mean the Dr. that doesn't know what "exculpatory" means? Yeah, real bright one yall got there.

1,874 posts, read 819,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's why the Dems are doing it this way. They don't need to prove anything. The woman can just lie constantly and no one will ever be able to prove she is lying. But, as for the accused, the Dems don't need to prove anything. An accusation is enough to give them an excuse not to vote for him and to compel others not to vote for him.
exactly. this woman is simply a political pawn. the democrats know exactly what they are doing.

Old 09-28-2018, 01:28 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,228,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The target was $150,000; added contributions (politically motivated no doubt) have come in but, yes, the Fund is still active.

I know little of Christine Ford etc. but does anyone seriously think she decided to write a letter last summer in the hopes that she could later make money off gofundme? Usually people make false allegations for public exposure (advance a career etc.) or because they are mentally unbalanced. I don't think she's a Democratic operative. And then Feinstein etc. played along with a fake leak of some sort?

C'mon really. If we are forced to choose (as apparently we are) what is the most likely scenario in any kind of real world. Some sort of elaborate plot (on Ford's part I mean, for I've no doubt the Democrats are pulling every stunt they can) OR that Kavanaugh really was a boy creep?

The latter I know happens all the time. The former scenario?

Plus, Ford came across to me as a seriously frightened woman while Kavanaugh struck me as an entitled bully.

Our impressions (best guesses) ... that's all we've got here.
Wow, so people are lining up to further enrich a white, privileged rich academic woman, just because she is monkey wrenching the political process?

She lives in a $3M house!

46,311 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
And BTW, even if Kananaugh comes out squeeky clean, not one Democrat's mind will be changed as to how they will vote.

Exactly....which will expose them once again.....

8,502 posts, read 3,346,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. This may backfire on the Dems if the FBI finds that not only are the allegations bogus, but the allegations were scripted and managed by Dem operatives, polygraph and all.

Still waiting for an explanation of this contradiction... Ford made an interesting comment in her testimony on Thursday. She talked to "beach friends" ... "beach people" about what she should do about her supposed allegation. That, AFTER she claimed the only people she told about the incident were her husband and her therapist. Well... That's a BIG FAT LIE right there.
https://thepoliticalinsider.com/chri...friends-claim/
You only need read your own cites to answer your question. After she wrote Feinstein, she expected her name would come out and she discussed her concerns about the upcoming personal attacks.

Quote:
“I’ve been trying to forget this all my life, and now I’m supposed to remember every little detail,” one of those friends, Jim Gensheimer, recalled Blasey Ford saying that summer day while watching her kids participate in a Junior Lifeguard program. “They’re going to be all over me.”
Before all this started (the upcoming SCOTUS nomination) she had not discussed the matter. Remember, this happened when Ford was a 15 yo girl.

No argument that this is cloaked in desperate politicking by both parties. But as for the facts of the matter, Kavanaugh strikes me as another disastrous Trump pick. The man does have a genius for being drawn to characters who are less than savory - even if Trump himself does not have prior knowledge.

Again, my money's on the college professor from Stanford with the 2 kids. That anyone thinks she's pulling a stunt for go fund me money - well, again, that's far less credible than the over-sexed bully of a teenager story.

This whole thing is not a comparison of Ford to who Kavanaugh is today (or how he behaved in the intervening years with the coaching etc.) but who he was back then. That - and he lied about it in the present.

This mess is another Trump fail. It was his nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies