Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 04:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guxu View Post
So federal employees with poor performance rating can not and should not be fired. Things like that will only push people to Trump's side.
No, they can be fired, all it takes is for a manager to proper document and use escalating punishment. Problem is, many managers are too lazy and/or poorly trained to do this, so it rarely gets done. Also, a few managers are too busy pushing their own agenda and targeting those who do not fall in liner with it, regardless of their performance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 04:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I'm not a fan of that broad brush. Some are probably lazy and most probably do the best they can.
Trump signed 3 Executive orders.

The Executive Orders certainly put the UNION bosses in a tizzy.
THEY don't work at all - they get Free Space and just work on Union Stuff -- At the Taxpayers expense.
President Trump's E.O cut that back to them only getting to loaf on Union business for 25% of their "workday" ...... the HORROR!

Another E.O. forced the Unions to negotiate new contracts within 7 months of the expired contract.
Apparently -- they don't think that is FAIR.

Last one allows the termination of poor performing employees (which is rarely allowed under a Union Contract). This was for repeat poor performance reviews and gave them a last chance 30 days.
I am taking it you never read a CBA? They are all available online. It is pretty clear under a CBA and various department directives the process for discipline under performance and conduct (they are two different things).

Quote:
These Union Federal Employees (same for all Government Union Employees) - have Unionized against the people who actually HIRE them and PAY their Salaries & benefits. WE are the people that they fight in their sacred Union Negotiated Contracts ....... and they find us Deplorable and unworthy to dare to expect them to put in a full day's work and be terminated for consistently poor performance.

Here's the real Issue with these Negotiated Union Contracts -this is true for both Private and Public Unions. It's not just that they are difficult to fire, although that is a big problem in Public Sector Unions.
The largest problems with the Unions are their "RULES".

The Contracts should be made Transparent and PUBLIC .... People should be able to see what we are paying for and the Special Rules for the Elite Union workers that we fund.
The CBAs are all available online, they are not hidden. hell, here is one for you;

http://www.afgelocal12.com/contract/...A-20130829.pdf

Quote:
some really nasty responses -- there are a LOT of them on this board.
In all fairness - when I go into some of their Forums, there are also some that disagree strongly with their Contracts against the American People that pay their salaries/Benefits/fund their "rules"

The Government argued strongly against the Lawsuits that the Unions brought - a pretty strong argument was that the District Court Judge did not have Jurisdiction on this case [b]according to the Civil Service Act and Statute. Judge Jackson disagreed (she was appointed by Obama in 2013 and reportedly on his Short List for the Supreme Court.)

The new E.O's have not even taken place yet .... not sure why Standing was granted when the rules are not yet in place -- Judicial Activism struck again in Washington D.C. this time.
I guess you are not familiar with standing? Or do you seriously think a law/rule/regulation needs to be effective for anyone to have standing?

Old 08-25-2018, 06:58 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Hundreds of NYC teachers can't be fired because of their union contract. They have been accused or arrested for child abuse, drug possession use/sale, theft, and a whole bunch of other crimes. They are not in the class room but still get a pay check.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:24 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I agree with Trump on this one. Young Federal employees don't want to work. All they do must of the day is look at their cell phones. Striking down Trump's executive order creates mediocrity in the Federal government's workforce.
Just young federal workers? I happen to know there is someone pretty high up in the White House who looks at his cell phone all day. But guess he can't fire himself.

Old 08-25-2018, 10:51 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I agree with Trump on this one. Young Federal employees don't want to work. All they do must of the day is look at their cell phones. Striking down Trump's executive order creates mediocrity in the Federal government's workforce.
Surely you don't think trump wants to go after the young set .
Clearly, seriously, you do realize its a move to REMOVE those in his way to dictatorship West in honor of mother Russia....
He s filling jobs with mindless young uns. Girls like Hope Hicks would line the hallways so he could grope the entire corridor between his offices and his very self created lonely bedroom.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:04 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times
so the president wanted to govern:

* how much time i spend with my union reps
* what issues my union reps got to bargain over
* crappy workers rights to appeal disciplinary decisions

seems awfully controlling to me. for just a moment let's imagine this is just a regular job, not the federal government. the ceo want to dictate how my union does business? uh, i vote no. i can understand limiting union talk during working hours but last time i checked, i can chat with my union reps as much as i want off the clock. limiting what my union bargains for? um, that means the ceo could state i would NEVER get a raise. or the ceo would NEVER let me have uniform or tool allowance. or even better, i'm not allowed medical benefits.

i agree with the judges decision

Old 08-26-2018, 08:58 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
You need mandatory drug testing now Reagan tried

But if Reagan could not get support mr trump is wise to pick his battles
His greatest achievements will be his campaign promises
Mr obama kept none but was enormously popular
I think mr trump is enormously unpopular but will keep all of his promises
Who is my favorite?
Enormously popular with who? No one with an IQ over 70 liked that racist, incompetent fake.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
A U.S. federal judge on Saturday rejected key elements of President Donald Trump's May executive orders that would make it easier to fire federal employees and reduce their ability to bargain collectively.
Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson, of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, said in a court order that Trump's orders — which also would reduce the amount of time low-performing employees had to improve their performance before being fired — "undermine federal employees' right to bargain collectively."
"The President must be deemed to have exceeded his authority in issuing (the orders)," Jackson ruled.
U.S. judge rejects Trump directives easing ability to fire federal workers

HOW I LOVE it when that SUBHUMAN PILE OF EXCEMENT IS THWARTED!
Just ANOTHER lib appointed by a dem, Obama.

Did you expect any ruling different from her?

"that SUBHUMAN PILE OF EXCEMENT IS THWARTED"

When you have to use juvenile insults, you lose any credibility you MIGHT have though you had!

Old 08-26-2018, 09:15 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
If this is what draining the swamp was about than I don’t want it. Washington isn’t getting better it’s gotten worse with the draft dodger bonespur in the WH.
I know many of you with TDS THINK you are smart but getting MEDICAL deferment ruled by MILITARY doctors is NOT being a draft dodger.

I am NOT amazed how so many of you make fools of yourselves with these claims

Now, if you want to talk about REAL draft dodgers, we CAN talk about bill clinton.

And I'd bet you voted for biden who got 5 deferments!

The ever hypocrite liberal!

Old 08-26-2018, 09:23 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
I just don't see how some people still believe that Trump is on the side of the common man. He's done his best to eviscerate the one weapon workers have to keep their employers in check and make sure they're treated fairly: unions. I'm glad this judges stood up to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies