Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are both major parties equally dishonest and hypocritical?
Yes. 36 52.94%
No. It's mostly the Democrats. 13 19.12%
No. It's mostly the Republicans. 19 27.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 12:03 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times

Advertisements

The following are based on what I have heard/seen in the news: in terms of being hypocritical on family values many Republicans are worse. However, when it comes to being an SJW or easily triggered, many Democrats are worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 12:35 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
chad3: In America you need at least $950 million dollars to run a successful presidential campaign.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...paign-finance/

"at least $950 million dollars"

Other things are needed as well.
Hillary's campaign outspent Trump's by more than 2 to 1. Yet, she still lost. I wouldn't be so quick to give to the Dems again if I was a Dem donor. That's a hell of a lot of wasted $$$$$$$$$.

My favorite, though, is the Hillary campaign's cancelled "victory fireworks." Cancelled even before election day. They knew she was going to lose but kept praying for last-minute intervention by ...guess who/what?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They both lie, but Trump about things that are minor compared to the king of all Hypocrits Obama; Shovel ready jobs, O-care saving us $2500 a year, destroying Libya after winning the Nobel Death prize, Bengazi happened because of a video, demonizing our police, freeing his Terrorist buddies, calling Terrorist attacks on us work place violence, 2000 American Serviceman killed in Afganistan when the guy won on not being Bush, etc etc
The "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan" lie was the one that most irked me. WAY too many lies that cost way too many people way too much money. Totally inexcusable.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hillary's campaign outspent Trump's by more than 2 to 1. Yet, she still lost. I wouldn't be so quick to give to the Dems again if I was a Dem donor. That's a hell of a lot of wasted $$$$$$$$$.

My favorite, though, is the Hillary campaign's cancelled "victory fireworks." Cancelled even before election day. They knew she was going to lose but kept praying for last-minute intervention by ...guess who/what?
And this has what to do with the actual question or poll?

It sounds like you have some sort of derangement syndrome and need to keep repeating stories that satisfy your already made-up mind....

In marketing it's a known fact that one can sometimes throw 10X as much money at it and get less results than the other sellers (or polls, in this case)...

A very simple answer to your question - although you haven't asked in in actual words - is this. Trump received many BILLIONS in free advertising from his Realty TV Show for many many years...then he received BILLIONS in free media for being so outrageous.

Go to any classroom. Is the youth who buckles down, studies and learns going to get more attention than the class clown? Never......

So, thanks to you we know the Ape that beats it's chest and pushed around the other apes gets more bananas. But we are talking about something more human here - the right thing. See if you can address that instead of reveling in your stories of a minority victory.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
And this has what to do with the actual question or poll?

It sounds like you have some sort of derangement syndrome and need to keep repeating stories that satisfy your already made-up mind....

In marketing it's a known fact that one can sometimes throw 10X as much money at it and get less results than the other sellers (or polls, in this case)...

A very simple answer to your question - although you haven't asked in in actual words - is this. Trump received many BILLIONS in free advertising from his Realty TV Show for many many years...then he received BILLIONS in free media for being so outrageous.
Moot point. Hillary received many BILLIONS in free advertising for YEARS from her stints as First Lady, US Senator from NY, and Obama's Secretary of State. And all that free publicity was supposed to make her look competent.

You're just being very foolish, now.

Old 08-26-2018, 12:50 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I don't think it's a matter of division. Okay, I realize that, as a Democrat, I may have some bias, but I think if you look at which party has the most flagrant criminality or even the most hypocrisy (as with the sex scandals, such as Strom Thurmond) it's clearly the Republicans who are worse. As a matter of fact, this is probably why Republicans keep obsessing about the few scandals that Dems have had, like Anthony Weiner, bringing it up again and again. There are so many with Republicans that it's not even possible to keep track.

Hey, just compare Obama's administration with Trump's.

Why would you answer with examples of any politicians past or present's sex lives and where is the hypocricy? Are they telling Americans to go out and cheat on their wives, take up with hookers, etc? I don't base my judgment of any politician on their sex lives but their ability to lead and set policies for the good of the American people. Why focus on such stupid things?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:54 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Equally dishonest? Ha.

There is a even word for using lies to smear a candidate -- Swiftboating.

Came from Republicans lying about about Kerry military service going up and down the Mekong Delta in an open swift boat rescuing Americans behind enemy lines.

Lee Atwater on his deathbed regretted some of the lies he was behind. New Gingrich, ... all of them have been fine with telling one lie after another.

The lies told about Clinton are just unbelievable at times, by sane people at least. The base laps up the conspiracy theories and bogus BS as fast at the Republicans and the Russians can dish them out.

Trump lies constantly. Sometimes his speeches and tweets are nothing but lies. Literally dozens a day.

In addition, Republican administrations have way more indictments, convictions, jail sentences, and pardons. All involving lies.

In the contest of which party tells the most lies, Republicans are the big winners.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I think the poll represents the general consensus. The left often tries to (and sometime does) the right thing for the longer term...everything from pot decrim to environmental to decent gun regs. The right is 100% sold out to the highest bidder......and there are certainly examples of that in both parties.
I think the poll represents the general consensus of the left. There are slightly more hypocrits who cannot name a successful big government policy so they deflect.

btw When have you criticized the left?

Old 08-26-2018, 03:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Moot point. Hillary received many BILLIONS in free advertising for YEARS from her stints as First Lady, US Senator from NY, and Obama's Secretary of State. And all that free publicity was supposed to make her look competent.

You're just being very foolish, now.
Just another example of the hypocrits on the left.

Old 08-26-2018, 03:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Whichever party has the most power at the time is the most hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies