Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 02:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Aren't you the one who said Canada is 99 times better than US?
Uh, no; that would be another American, as it shows in the "location" upper right corner of his Original Post.

I've tried to explain no less than five posts now that the list of reasons why Canada was 99 times better was stated right in the O/P posted by an AMERICAN. An American thinking it necessary to list why Canada is better than the U.S. and you fools go all butthurt with "Americans don't find it necessary to list superiorities like those Canadians".

What is it about this nonsense being the quintessential irony you're apparently unable to grasp ?

Old 08-30-2018, 01:37 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Your Mom changed jobs and her wages dropped.

Yeah substitute teachers don't get paid as well as full time teachers.

That's true in the States to.

Not sure the ADA will find you a job.

I'm sorry you have had horrible experiences. There are nasty people in the USA too. It all depends on your own experience.

You sound unhappy.

Hope you find a job soon.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Old 08-30-2018, 02:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What is a supply? I agree that disability aid is way too low for someone in your situation...It needs to be raised to a livable amount.
Supply teacher -- substitute teacher.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:35 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
And yet, Canada is everything that conservatives fear the US would be if it wasn't for the moderating force of the US South/Bible Belt. They have universal health care, a secular government, and legal weed. Less than 10% of Canadians adhere to born-again white evangelical faith (though 2/3 of Canadians still declare Christianity as their religion). Canada legalized gay marriage all the way back in 2005. It doesn't seem like the kind of place your average Trump supporter from Alabama would have a high opinion of.
And yet those that can afford it , come to the US for medical attention.

There are more Canadians moving to the US than Americans moving to Canada despite the US having a much larger popation.

Ever notice how many in Hollywood are Canadians? Why must they come here to make it?

Why can't Canada defend itself...they get away light on the defense front because of the US.

Old 09-24-2018, 12:36 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

There are more Canadians moving to the US than Americans moving to Canada despite the US having a much larger popation.

Ever notice how many in Hollywood are Canadians? Why must they come here to make it?

Why can't Canada defend itself...they get away light on the defense front because of the US.
Defend itself from who?

Old 09-24-2018, 01:34 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Horse pucky. Need medical attention? You get it NOW. I know, I spent 3.5 months in hospital with major surgery. No waiting, and recognized world class care. I'm still covered, and I still pay zero in healthcare premiums.

Quote:
Because they are better than the Americans who try?

Quote:
Who did the USA look to on the day of 9/11? Who had the USA back? Who was first in WW1? Who was first in WW2? Who was the first in Afghanistan with the USA, and suffered more in casualties per capita than any other nation?

Oh, and who has the longest confirmed sniper kill in Afghanistan? In Iraq? Of the top four sniper kills, who has 3 of them (the other is Britain).

Ask your generals/admirals who are the first special forces they look to if available. Hint: It's not the Seals, is JTF2 from Canada.
“They were curious because they didn’t really know us,” the soldier said. “At the beginning, people said, ‘Who the f--- is JTF2?’”

That question was answered when they saw the Canadians in action.

After that first joint mission, Task Force K-Bar commander Rear Adm. Bob Harward, a U.S. Navy Seal, was full of praise for his coalition team.

“This is the first coalition direct action mission since the Second World War,” he told them

Direct action refers to the special forces practice of sweeping down on an unsuspecting enemy, usually under the cover of night, for lightning-quick strikes to capture or destroy a target.

“You guys all pass into history right now,” Harward said.

Harward would later profess that his JTF2 team was his first choice for any “direct action” mission.
Source

You may be interested that the NORAD command at Cheyenne mountain switches between Canada and the USA.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:26 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Horse pucky. Need medical attention? You get it NOW. I know, I spent 3.5 months in hospital with major surgery. No waiting, and recognized world class care. I'm still covered, and I still pay zero in healthcare premiums.

Because they are better than the Americans who try?

Who did the USA look to on the day of 9/11? Who had the USA back? Who was first in WW1? Who was first in WW2? Who was the first in Afghanistan with the USA, and suffered more in casualties per capita than any other nation?

Oh, and who has the longest confirmed sniper kill in Afghanistan? In Iraq? Of the top four sniper kills, who has 3 of them (the other is Britain).

Ask your generals/admirals who are the first special forces they look to if available. Hint: It's not the Seals, is JTF2 from Canada.
“They were curious because they didn’t really know us,” the soldier said. “At the beginning, people said, ‘Who the f--- is JTF2?’”

That question was answered when they saw the Canadians in action.

After that first joint mission, Task Force K-Bar commander Rear Adm. Bob Harward, a U.S. Navy Seal, was full of praise for his coalition team.

“This is the first coalition direct action mission since the Second World War,” he told them

Direct action refers to the special forces practice of sweeping down on an unsuspecting enemy, usually under the cover of night, for lightning-quick strikes to capture or destroy a target.

“You guys all pass into history right now,” Harward said.

Harward would later profess that his JTF2 team was his first choice for any “direct action” mission.
Source

You may be interested that the NORAD command at Cheyenne mountain switches between Canada and the USA.
You seem unable to differentiate between an individual's accomplishments and the nations defense strategy and budget as a whole. Canada doesn't have to spend or maintain as much military living under the US's umbrella as they would otherwise.

AS for your healthcare premiums....you pay plenty....you just don't know it! I remember driving canadians in Las Vegas....the first thing out of their mouths was healthcare, blah blah blah....then as we drove they would be amazed at how cheap everything was in the US...especially gas! I would just smile and tell them that's because we don't have "free" healthcare! Canada can have a certain amount of socialized crap because the population is so low and the US subsidizes their defense. The US has more than half of canada's population on welfare! That means living and healthcare expenses(Thanks Oblama.).

Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Defend itself from who?
The only one that has ever threatened us...….guess who?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:53 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
You seem unable to differentiate between an individual's accomplishments and the nations defense strategy and budget as a whole. Canada doesn't have to spend or maintain as much military living under the US's umbrella as they would otherwise.
OK, you obviously ignored all my other comments about military. Good for you.

Quote:
AS for your healthcare premiums....you pay plenty....you just don't know it! I remember driving canadians in Las Vegas....the first thing out of their mouths was healthcare, blah blah blah....then as we drove they would be amazed at how cheap everything was in the US...especially gas! I would just smile and tell them that's because we don't have "free" healthcare! Canada can have a certain amount of socialized crap because the population is so low and the US subsidizes their defense. The US has more than half of canada's population on welfare! That means living and healthcare expenses(Thanks Oblama.).
Yes, our gas is higher taxed than in the USA. But the real issue is that Canada spends 1/3 less as a percentage of its GDP than the USA does on healthcare with a better outcome.

Canadians live longer.

I'll take those two realities over all the bafflegab one wants to throw at things.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:55 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Few years old but Canada is much better than the US

Just few: Much safer, less corrupt, lower crime rate, lower obesity rate, universal healthcare, cheap college tuition, generous paid parental leave, paid days off, using metric system, cleaner cities, less poverty, higher life expectancy, better food quality, its biggest cities more affordable than our biggest cities to live, better social safety net, better world reputation, better immigration system, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mac...-canadian/amp/
Higher taxes, much colder, nothing to do, snow, ice, blizzards, igloos, you have to learn french, lower pay, no military protection, did I mention Saskatchewan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies